Anti-aging clinics are a joke!

rphash49

Awards
Ok maybe just in the Raleigh, NC area. I've gone to 5 consultations in my area to compare cost and doctor knowledge / compatance. Prices ranged from $150 - $450 a month with varying levels of ignorance lol. Every doctor wants to start me at 200mg a week without even seeing my blood levels first. When I start asking questions it becomes very obvious they have no idea what they are doing. When I tell the docs that I wouldn't want to start higher than 50mg twice a week they look at me like I'm an alien lol.

Well the last doctor I spoke with also seemed clueless but they are only 150 a month and they offered to do the initial blood test along with all the follow up test for free. I'll post the results on monday after I go in for the results.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's because they are steroid and ancillary dealers.

rphash49

Awards
Sounds about right. I'll have to see what they charge for EQ and winny on my next visit.....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too much. That's why they over charge and stay in business.

FWIW - if you are sincerely ethical and have integrity and care for your health and if they let you self inject you can always dose appropriately and monitor your bloods accordingly. They can't force you to attain supra physiological levels which is what 200mg a week will do.

That gives you legal sourcing and a generous supply. This is of course if you can't find a clinic with more ethics and integrity.

I'm not advising it but rather looking on the up side.

rphash49

Awards
I'd rather not go on trt honestly but all the common symptoms of low T have progressively gotten worse over the last two years. I'll wait to see the bloods. That being said I would not start at more than 100mg a week. Doesn't make sense to start high and then try to fine tune your levels.

ral

ral

Awards
I'd try clomid first 6 mgs to 12.5 mgs 2 to 3 times a week max and some heavy weights

rphash49

Awards
I'm familiar with clomid. I used it multiple times as a PCT with success based on blood results. We shall see how my results come back. Problem with clomid is I feel as if I could impregnate my GF by just being in the same room. I would rather not have any more children thanks.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anti-aging clinics are legal drug dealers. They don't care about you and have no idea what they are doing, but will load you up on everything you want, for a price.

rphash49

Awards
Anti-aging clinics are legal drug dealers. They don't care about you and have no idea what they are doing, but will load you up on everything you want, for a price.
I agree and its very obvious talking to them.

ral

ral

Awards
Agree

rphash49

Awards
Ok labs are back

Test Serm. 415 Ref: 348-1197
TSH. 3.8 Ref: 0.450-4.500
T4. 9.9 Ref: 4.5-12.0
Glucose. 111 Ref: 65-99
Creatine. 1.16 Ref: 0.76-1.27
Estradiol. <5.0 Ref: 7.6-42.6

PSA was all good, CBC was all good.

Any thoughts?

ral

ral

Awards
Yeah get angry and train heavy, trt is for life, not worth it

rphash49

Awards
Yeah get angry and train heavy, trt is for life, not worth it
Thanks for the additional 2 cents. I think you are up to 4 cents now!

Yeah I'm not sold on the trt but I was surprised to see the T and E numbers so low. About a year ago both numbers were twice as high.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok labs are back

Any thoughts?
Are you supplementing with anything. That E2 is insanely low. How are your lipids?

rphash49

Awards
Are you supplementing with anything. That E2 is insanely low. How are your lipids?
I was also surprised to see the E2 that low. It explains the sore joints and may be part of the reason i feel overall ****ty. Im not supplementing anything other than preworkout and opti-mens vitamins. My lipids are great as of March when I had them last tested.

Glucose, BUN and BUN/Creatine Ratio were all flagged as "High" and just out of range. Doc mentioned that my protein serum was in range but on the high side....... she said drink more water. Fuk I already drink 1.5 gallons per day.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok labs are back

Any thoughts?
I'm curious as to why your glucose is high. It's not through the roof but would concern me personally. Does diabetes run in your family? Low T and diabetes are connected.

rphash49

Awards
I'm curious as to why your glucose is high. It's not through the roof but would concern me personally. Does diabetes run in your family? Low T and diabetes are connected.
Nope diabetes does not run in my family. Even those in my family that are overweight don't have diabetes.

Fyi: I'm 195 at 11-12%bf, 37yr old. Strict Clean 3000cal diet. Weight train 5 days a week.

In 2013 I was 215 at 10%bf and at my peak strength. Bench:335, DL:455, Squat: 455. I've literally lost 50-60lbs on every lift. I did expected to lose some size and strength when I decided to cut out the cycles.

Little on my supplement past:

Multiple cycles between 2009-2013. Always ran labs pre and post cycle with no issues. Last labs before current was in 2013 and was a good 6 weeks after completion of PCT. T was around 799 and E2 was around 15 and I felt great.

rphash49

Awards
Forgot to mention that my labs were not fasted. I'm guessing that is why my glucose level is a little high.

ral

ral

Awards
Are u a shift worker? Do you live in an industrial area? Do u work with chemicals? You welcome for the additional 2 cents, I got more where those came from

rphash49

Awards
Are u a shift worker? Do you live in an industrial area? Do u work with chemicals? You welcome for the additional 2 cents, I got more where those came from
No, no and no. Yep up to 6 cents! Gratz bro!

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
test fasted and take a few days off from the gym before you test again.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yep, I pretty much monitor everything on my own. It's not tough once you get the hang of it. Hard to find a good doctor for TRT unless you're willing to travel far.

rphash49

Awards
test fasted and take a few days off from the gym before you test again.
How would that impact my test and E2 results?

Anyway I'm going to try to get a 2nd opinion on my results before making a decision to jump on trt.

rphash49

Awards
Yep, I pretty much monitor everything on my own. It's not tough once you get the hang of it. Hard to find a good doctor for TRT unless you're willing to travel far.
I will probably end up doing the same. The last doc I spoke to seemed to be more knowledgeable than the previous 5 I spoke to. Seemed focused on getting the right dosage to avoid the need for an AI.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How would that impact my test and E2 results?

Anyway I'm going to try to get a 2nd opinion on my results before making a decision to jump on trt.
Working out can lower you levels if you're hitting it hard in the gym. Fasting allows true readings no matter what you're testing.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP: I'd get your T3 levels checked as your TSH is on the higher end of range as is the T4. So your T3 "may" be on the lower end of range. This could also impact your BG levels (although it was not fasted) as well as your estrogen levels.

Re: Your doc's concern about your creatine levels - they are fine (especially because you carry more muscle mass than the average Joe). If you ate red meat or took creatine w/in 48-72 hours of the test, you may have falsely elevated it as well.

rphash49

Awards
OP: I'd get your T3 levels checked as your TSH is on the higher end of range as is the T4. So your T3 "may" be on the lower end of range. This could also impact your BG levels (although it was not fasted) as well as your estrogen levels.

Re: Your doc's concern about your creatine levels - they are fine (especially because you carry more muscle mass than the average Joe). If you ate red meat or took creatine w/in 48-72 hours of the test, you may have falsely elevated it as well.
Thanks for the info. Actually did another blood test today. I fasted for this one. I'm also thinking the E2 lvls may have simply been an error. I also had been getting 5+ grams of creatine daily for who knows how long.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let us know how the retest pans out. Good luck.

notthelotto

Awards
Hey rphash49 I sent you a message if you can give me some advice. Thank you