Emotional side w/ Clomid

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Curious what your guys thoughts on what causes the emotional sides associated with clomid? I have tried all dosing schemes and it is still there. Of course it is much less obvious when I am dosing it low like 12.5mg MWF, but it still sucks! I used to think it was caused by high estrogen, but I do not have high estrogen and I am still getting the emotional sides. What other mechanism in clomid could cause it? What are some thoughts on preventing the sides? Thanks in advance!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I still believe that increased estrogen is part of it, but I feel there has to be another factor causing it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My e2 has been tracked at 14-19 during the clomid run. So it is definitely not high. With that said maybe there is a very short lived spike in e2 after dosing it because my emotional sides come on the day I dose the clomid and the day after. I havent had bloods done in that time frame yet.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's interesting. Maybe you're sensitive to it and it spikes your E2, but it very well could be something else.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It really sucks because I need the clomid because it is the gold standard pharma for male fertility IMO but its tough to handle. It was ok for me back when I used to cycle (only did a few cycles) because it was for a short period (4week pct) and I would just will through it. Now I am using it for my hrt since dropping the T gel until I get the wife pregnant.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I will only try dosing it once a week.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And maybe I will double dose my AI the day I take the clomid too.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm no endocrinologist but keep in mind that E2 (estradiol) is only one form of estrogen(s) in our body.

Estrogen hormones: estradiol, estriol, and estrone.

"Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) are structurally different compounds that interact with intracellular estrogen receptors in target organs as estrogen receptor agonists or antagonists."

My guess is that they effect upstream and downstream hormones and it appears clomid has something that distinguishes it from others in regard to its effects on emotions.

Again not an expert.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm no endocrinologist but keep in mind that E2 (estradiol) is only one form of estrogen(s) in our body.

Estrogen hormones: estradiol, estriol, and estrone.

"Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) are structurally different compounds that interact with intracellular estrogen receptors in target organs as estrogen receptor agonists or antagonists."

My guess is that they effect upstream and downstream hormones and it appears clomid has something that distinguishes it from others in regard to its effects on emotions.

Again not an expert.
Very true, thanks for the input.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm emotional because of AF. I want to punch someone right now.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I feel the same way Puccah. I have a small medical company and I interact with doctors and patients daily. It can be hindering.

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
This is why I hate clomid! Toremifene on the other hand..alpha, dry, big balls, high libido and no emotional female sides=win!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is why I hate clomid! Toremifene on the other hand..alpha, dry, big balls, high libido and no emotional female sides=win!
I hear ya, but as far as fertility goes clomid is top notch. I actually dropped the clomid though lol

Thunder13

Awards
Anabolix.... can one get the Toremifene "somewhere" online? also recommende dosages ..running time etc? Thanks !

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
Curious what your guys thoughts on what causes the emotional sides associated with clomid? I have tried all dosing schemes and it is still there. Of course it is much less obvious when I am dosing it low like 12.5mg MWF, but it still sucks! I used to think it was caused by high estrogen, but I do not have high estrogen and I am still getting the emotional sides. What other mechanism in clomid could cause it? What are some thoughts on preventing the sides? Thanks in advance!
Have you tried dosing at night right before bed? That where I am at now over a week in and no issues with my emotions as far as I can tell

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried dosing at night right before bed? That where I am at now over a week in and no issues with my emotions as far as I can tell
I have and it didnt help at all. Its half life is like 5-7 days, so no matter when you take it there's always lots in your system.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't try dosing at night. I only dosed in the mornings. It may be worth a shot, but I know it has a long half-life so it may not matter time of day.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't try dosing at night. I only dosed in the mornings. It may be worth a shot, but I know it has a long half-life so it may not matter time of day.
I know you rate Letrone very highly. Have you tried Letrone with Clomid (or even Rebirth?)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know you rate Letrone very highly. Have you tried Letrone with Clomid (or even Rebirth?)
I have used transdermal formestane and Letrone with the clomid (on seperate occasions). Both work well and keep my e2 low. But, its just something about clomid that I still consistently get the emotional sides from it. I have dropped the clomid for now. I am currently running Ultimate-T (test booster) + Rebirth (otc serm) + Letrone (otc AI) and feel amazing. With that being said I do not know where my T levels are sitting at the moment. I will get new bloods soon though.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clomid makes me feel suicidal. Not literally but close ;)
Think of SERMs as a type of estrogen. They bind to estrogen receptors and block E2 so E2 doesnt cause its normal effects at this site, however, Clomid itself has effects like vision problems and psychological disturbances. I cant take it personally and it sounds like you (OP) cant either.
Perhaps give Rebirth and Letrone and try. Letrone alone will crank up test levels and reduce estro but combined with our SERM Rebirth you will be back on track in no time. 0 sides reported from anyone.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
well its an altered estrogen and i feel its effects on some people are actually direct from the compound. maybe use tamox and only a little clomid?

j4ever41

Awards
you must be super sensitive bro, at 25mg ed It takes a couple of weeks or so but I do have mild-mod emotional sides, 25mg eod I have little-none, I feel much better when I take with low dose ai, good luck.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
You ever seen the end of Toy Story 3. Well I cried so hard during that movie that little kids thought I was a crazy. Clomid makes me feel that but 10 times worse.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you ever consider that rather than the clomid, it is the androgen withdrawal (meaning taking away the exogenous PH or hormone that you were running, not as in physiological dependence)? I have always struggled with some brief, moderate depression when coming off of a cycle regardless of my PCT protocol.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
Thats a good question. I feel that depression coming off of any anabolic I take

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been off for almost a year now guys.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually feel fantastic since dropping the clomid.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
what are the emotional sides I keep hearing about with clomid?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
You become very emotional, very sensitive person. Keep in mind that many dont experience this

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Clomid did the same to me. Even dosing 12.5mg twice a week. Never again. Androxal sounds interesting though...