TRT as male contraceptive?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
How effective is testosterone in males compared to estrogen in females for contraception? Are guys on TRT basically on male birth control?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, not quite. I've spoken to people who have still fathered children while on test.

Trestolone (MENT) is being researched/produced for male birth control as it's 12x more suppressive than test, with all the benefits of test and minimal effect on the prostate.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
No, not quite. I've spoken to people who have still fathered children while on test.

Trestolone (MENT) is being researched/produced for male birth control as it's 12x more suppressive than test, with all the benefits of test and minimal effect on the prostate.
I wonder if being on it non stop for years (trt) would make a bigger difference?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if being on it non stop for years (trt) would make a bigger difference?
It will definitely make a difference, but what would make a larger difference is if any blasting/cruising was in effect over the years.

If you've just been on normal TRT dosages over the years though, I don't think you'd become completely sterile, otherwise pharmaceutical companies wouldn't have passed on using testosterone as a male contraceptive (and went with something far more suppressive). The people I've spoken to who have fathered children were on TRT (test) for years.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
After 3 years on TRT as well as trest from time to time I still managed to get my wife pregnant as she had a miscarriage this year.