Im at a crossroads

bigead

bigead

Awards
Back story-

A few years ago before I started using anything hormonal I had a total test of 337 at age 42 I'm now 44. Over the next few years I ran a few cycles of pro-hormone/ds with proper pct and blood work, at the end of the last run it only came back around 250 ish a month after I finish my serms. A month after I felt tired a went by a low t clinic in town and they tested me at 154 tt in the afternoon and they gave me my fist shot of test cyp. The clinic would not let me self administer so I shopped around for a good trt doc. I ended up with a urologist.
The urologist agreed to let me self admin test a do a three month trial. He started me at 200mg every 14 days after asked for weekly shots. I complained after the first 14 days about the peak and drop it sucked. He then moved me to a shot a week protocol. He asked on the second month if I felt that much different and I told him not really. He then stated if thats the case that I would be better off with out taking the test which seemed to make sense. I ask about hcg and if I need anything for when I come off the test(pct) and he stated that nothing is needed and I will fine on own. Im not sure I agree with this guys methods.
The thing is now entering into my third month I do feel better, like I have stabilized. My wife said she notices a mood difference as well and perhaps I should stay on. Im conflicted because if I stay on now its for life obviously, and this may be my only chance to come and see how I feel with out the test. I just dont want to go on a unnecessary roller coaster ride. If I do go off I have my hcg and pct lined up.
The other part of this dilemma is I wish I could a better trt doc here in the Austin area.
Opinions welcome, thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back story-

A few years ago before I started using anything hormonal I had a total test of 337 at age 42 I'm now 44. Over the next few years I ran a few cycles of pro-hormone/ds with proper pct and blood work, at the end of the last run it only came back around 250 ish a month after I finish my serms. A month after I felt tired a went by a low t clinic in town and they tested me at 154 tt in the afternoon and they gave me my fist shot of test cyp. The clinic would not let me self administer so I shopped around for a good trt doc. I ended up with a urologist.
The urologist agreed to let me self admin test a do a three month trial. He started me at 200mg every 14 days after asked for weekly shots. I complained after the first 14 days about the peak and drop it sucked. He then moved me to a shot a week protocol. He asked on the second month if I felt that much different and I told him not really. He then stated if thats the case that I would be better off with out taking the test which seemed to make sense. I ask about hcg and if I need anything for when I come off the test(pct) and he stated that nothing is needed and I will fine on own. Im not sure I agree with this guys methods.
The thing is now entering into my third month I do feel better, like I have stabilized. My wife said she notices a mood difference as well and perhaps I should stay on. Im conflicted because if I stay on now its for life obviously, and this may be my only chance to come and see how I feel with out the test. I just dont want to go on a unnecessary roller coaster ride. If I do go off I have my hcg and pct lined up.
The other part of this dilemma is I wish I could a better trt doc here in the Austin area.
Opinions welcome, thanks
First of all, any doctor that starts you off at 200 mgs every 14 days is NOT even close to being s good TRT doc. Find another dr before you do anything else. I'm sure someone on here can recommend one in your area.

bigead

bigead

Awards
Thanks, yes I know I feel like have coaching him. I searched in the Austin area and not much has come up in the trt hrt area for docs.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some guys on here have went to compound pharmacies in their area and asked what dr's prescribe testosterone the most. That's one way to find one. Also look for an integrative medicine dr. They aren't like anti-aging clinics. Integrative medicine is wonderful.