TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit

TRT newbie here that's trying to avoid the increase in hematocrit that is a side from TRT.

I've read whole blood, plasma and double red blood cell donations recommended if you already have high hematocrit.

Mentions of turmeric and nangirin for avoiding the situation. Dosages?. Supplements?

Pros please give me a recommendation on avoiding the issue and what type blood donation to use if you already have the issue.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

2. Double red blood donation, and grape fruit juice help out tremendously
    •   

3. Normal donation works fine for me, but I'm about to start doing double red since I'm a rare blood type.

4. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    Normal donation works fine for me, but I'm about to start doing double red since I'm a rare blood type.
    What blood type are you? I give double reds periodically.

5. B- apparently its about 1.5-2% of the population. It actually took about 3 and a half years for my hematocrit and hemoglobin to get high enough my doctor was concerned, that prompted me to start, but seeing my type is rare keeps me going.
    The way I see it though, your type doesn't really matter, there are times that blood of any type is running short and the more everyone gives the better off we all are.
    •   

6. I enjoy giving blood because I know people need it. I have A- so mine is in need as well. I always say, "I have no money to give, but I have plenty of blood".

7. I'm A+ and the donation center keeps hitting me up for whole blood or platelets. They won't let me do double-red, the bastards

8. I haven't been able to find a difference in doing doubles or regular whole blood.

9. Double if you can, but a routine donation can help. Naringin and natto have helped me lower mine around 1.5%. I take it regularly, stay hydrated, and it has been level for years.

500mg naringin
    2000 FUs natto

10. Quote Originally Posted by sammpedd88 View Post
    I haven't been able to find a difference in doing doubles or regular whole blood.
    Double red blood donation should lower it more than a whole blood donation, and you're not donating plasma/platelets so it won't dehydrate you

11. plus double red does more good for those in need...

12. Add in cardio 5 days per week, and it might also help to lower hematocrit, as well as a low iron diet

13. Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Add in cardio 5 days per week, and it might also help to lower hematocrit, as well as a low iron diet
    I've never heard that cardio can lower hematocrit, where did you read this? If it's true, might have to ramp up the cardio sessions
  14. TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit

Some have shown lower hematocrit from adding in cardio, reall cardio, 30 min per day

But it may go up initially, but over time

Im trying a low iron diet, to see if that also helps

Im also starting cardio, got to try everything!

Some say adding in certain supplements such as

IP6 (comes from rice bran)

Drinking milk helps absorb iron,

I believe taking calcium in general also has been shown to bind to iron as well, ill have to research that a bit more

Adding in green or black tea has also been said to help

Changing the diet is also said to help a ton of course (less grains)

Chelation therapy- ip6, or edta etc....
    (RESEARCH THIS ONE)
    I want to find a doc who does this and give it a whirl!!

15. in 3 months when i go back for blood labs and normal follow up I will post my hematocrit, i started doing 30 minute cardio sessions, ~10 times a week for a contest prep i am on right now. I have already seen my resting heart rate go from 70 to 50, and bp has decreased even more than what losartan 100mg did.

10/13/14 labs
    Hemoglobin 16.9 12.6-17.7 g/dL
    Hematocrit 49.2 37.5-51.0 %

4/21/15 labs
    Hemoglobin 18.2 12.6-17.7 g/dL
    Hematocrit 50.6 37.5-51.0 %

GAVE WHOLE BLOOD

5/18/15 labs
    Hemoglobin 16.0 12.6-17.7 g/dL
    Hematocrit 47.5 37.5-51.0 %

16. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Double if you can, but a routine donation can help. Naringin and natto have helped me lower mine around 1.5%. I take it regularly, stay hydrated, and it has been level for years.

500mg naringin
    2000 FUs natto
    Good info on the Natto
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

17. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    in 3 months when i go back for blood labs and normal follow up I will post my hematocrit, i started doing 30 minute cardio sessions, ~10 times a week for a contest prep i am on right now. I have already seen my resting heart rate go from 70 to 50, and bp has decreased even more than what losartan 100mg did.

10/13/14 labs
    Hemoglobin16.912.6-17.7 g/dL
    Hematocrit49.237.5-51.0 %

4/21/15 labs
    Hemoglobin18.212.6-17.7 g/dL
    Hematocrit50.637.5-51.0 %

GAVE WHOLE BLOOD

5/18/15 labs
    Hemoglobin16.012.6-17.7 g/dL
    Hematocrit47.537.5-51.0 %
    Cardio CAN have the effect of reducing hematocrit, but generally this is only seen with running or other weight bearing cardio.
    The step mill or exercise bike won't cut it
  18. TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit

References please? Thanks
    *Also wondering if HCT is decreased acutely / during exercise only in response to the increased cardiac load
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

19. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Cardio CAN have the effect of reducing hematocrit, but generally this is only seen with running or other weight bearing cardio.
    The step mill or exercise bike won't cut it
    should be interesting to see since the science i have seen shows that increased blood plasma volume from endurance exercise will lower the hematocrit %, while at the same time actually increasing total hematocrit.
  20. TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit

I believe its more of a viscosity thing moreso then a hematocrit lowering but ive seen it where hema rises, only to level out and fall due to cardio,

Also i take
    Natto
    Rutin (for blood clots as well)
    Ip-6

Can add in :

Rice bran
    Milk

Both are said to help with iron stores.....

Always remember narnagin is of the grapefruit type usually, and grapefruit and most orals and meds DO NOT MIX! Grapefruit can make meds not work and orals as well OR make both that more potent thus causing more strain on ones liver

21. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Double red blood donation should lower it more than a whole blood donation, and you're not donating plasma/platelets so it won't dehydrate you
    Does double red blood donation really take 2 hours?

22. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    I have done double red many times takes no more then an hr start to finish which includes the nurse check up and answering questions

23. Same here. Maybe a little under an hour including the entire process.

24. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Took me 45 min

25. Thanks guys! Today is my first whole blood donation. You can't give double red until you are blood typed and tested. How long of a rest period do you need after giving blood before lifting?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. High Hematocrit/Post Double Red Donation
    By jason390gt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
  2. High hematocrit; how dangerous
    By Presa in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
  4. Is there a way to avoid high doses of AAS?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
  5. AVOID High Fructose Corn Syrup
    By Blacksmith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 01:58 PM