TRT Tip: Avoiding High Hematocrit

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks guys! Today is my first whole blood donation. You can't give double red until you are blood typed and tested. How long of a rest period do you need after giving blood before lifting?
    If I remember correctly they tell you no heavy exercise for the rest of the day.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks guys! Today is my first whole blood donation. You can't give double red until you are blood typed and tested. How long of a rest period do you need after giving blood before lifting?
    I donate in the morning, and go easy on lifting that night. You're supposed to wait around 24 hours though.
    •   
       


  3. I'm having trouble getting the blood center here in NY to do a double red donation. Apparently they like my platelets a lot. They want only whole blood or plasma/platelet donation from me. Opposite of what I need... Whole blood is fine, but double red is so much better. No dehydration, and gets levels down faster.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    i started doing 30 minute cardio sessions, ~10 times a week f......and bp has decreased ...
    What type of cardio were you doing for this effect? LISS?

  5. How do u guys hydrate before a whole blood donation? Im drinkin water like crazy had to quit chew, i guess i dehydrate very fast, last time and only time ive given i passed out and had to be sent to the er, 5 bags of saline and a whole slue of issues and a whole year later, and now i have to go donate, they wont give me saline until i start giving double reds, so is there any type of stuff to help u super hydrate without putting yourself in danger of over hydrating,?
    •   
       


  6. I just make sure to have a lot of water the day before and morning before. Few liters in the morning if I'm going around noon. You could take some electrolytes (pedialyte) or something if you dehydrate that bad.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I just make sure to have a lot of water the day before and morning before. Few liters in the morning if I'm going around noon. You could take some electrolytes (pedialyte) or something if you dehydrate that bad.
    Yeah i was thinking of drinkin some pedialyte just to cover my hydration issues!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Yeah i was thinking of drinkin some pedialyte just to cover my hydration issues!
    Consider donating double red. I donated yesterday and it was amazing. Smaller needle than normal whole blood donation. This machine pumps your blood out, runs it through a centrifuge to separate red blood cells from plasma/other then pumps plasma/other back into you. It even adds saline to make up for the red blood cells they extract. No issues at all.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Consider donating double red. I donated yesterday and it was amazing. Smaller needle than normal whole blood donation. This machine pumps your blood out, runs it through a centrifuge to separate red blood cells from plasma/other then pumps plasma/other back into you. It even adds saline to make up for the red blood cells they extract. No issues at all.
    They wont take a double red until after u have done a whole blood donation, then the next time u can give a double red,

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    What type of cardio were you doing for this effect? LISS?
    every day fasted for half an hour in the AM, 4 days of it is on an elliptical at work with varying intensity keeping heart rate above 120 with much og it above 140. then add a half hour session on an elliptical after weights which is 3-5 days a week, again same heart rate goals.
    the rest are usually jog/sprint for half an hour or a road bicycle for however long I feel like going.

  11. I can't donate because I lived in the UK during the 80s.

  12. Double red blood cells!

    Do not donate too often as you will start to decrease your ferritiin levels

  13. I just get phlems from my hemo and it should be g2g
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. High Hematocrit/Post Double Red Donation
    By jason390gt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM
  2. High hematocrit; how dangerous
    By Presa in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 03:28 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
  4. Is there a way to avoid high doses of AAS?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
  5. AVOID High Fructose Corn Syrup
    By Blacksmith in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 01:58 PM
Log in
Log in