HCG and Aromatization

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I have had a major problem with HCG and its ability to output so much estrogen in my body. I took a larger than normal dose on Monday (1500 IU) due to missing a couple shots due to work and I felt terrible. My estrogen had to skyrocket: felt bloated, crabby as hell, itchy nipples, had little to no energy. Been taking a lot of anti-estrogen over the past few days and starting to feel better. I seem to have this issue worsen when I'm not taking a liver care supplement like NAC, TUDCA, or thistle. Does the liver have something to do with HCG's high aromatization rate? I'm on TRT (200mg/week) as well with the doctor prescribing 3000 IU HCG/week. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and telling her I need to be on potent anti-estrogen if we are going to continue the HCG that high. Arimidex won't cut it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HCG is notorious for driving up E2. That is a high dosage for test and HCG per week. What does your bloodwork look like?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No surprise there. HCG skyrockets e2. I never felt more feminine than when my first endo had me on it.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Jesus man talk about feel I depressed as **** on that ****

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you feel like a crying bitch and pissed off its weird. I think guys get the so called rage and suicidal thoughts from the e2 not high test.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're exactly right. Roid rage is from the E2 sides!!

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
What does the liver have to do with someone having higher than normal estrogen conversion in their body? Ever since suffering with adrenal fatigue my liver I've noticed struggles with clearing out hormones and has made me more sensitive to when my estrogen rises. How does HCG aromatize in the body, does it clog the liver up more and lead to converting more to estrogen, or does it raise estrogen my attaching to receptors in the tests and is called "intratesticular aromatization?" Like your opinions, does having slower liver metabolism contribute or not at all?

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Doctors just hand this HCG out to patients and don't understand the mechanism of its action and the side effects that come with it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest, it is out of laziness and not understanding the needs of each patient. There is a time and place for HCG and can benefit some people, but it should not be part of a standard cookie cutter TRT protocol.