will i lose hair on low doses of trt ???

phoenix12

Awards
hi all i am starting low doses of trt i.e. 100 mg biweekly so my question is that will i lose hair on this low dose od trt ??? and i want to ask those people who are on trt that did you lose your hair on trt and what dose you are taking ??any users could reply if their hair remains the same ??or if they are bald because of it

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as your DHT levels are in check and baldness is not hereditary then you should be ok. Now for the importance of your post....you're injecting 100mgs every other week? You need to get off of that protocol. You need to inject at a minimum once a week, twice a week is better. Longer than weekly causes issues with e2, among other things, and you will feel terrible for the second week. Find another Dr and read the posts on here to educate yourself because not many dr's have the knowledge for TRT.

phoenix12

Awards
yeah bro i talked to dr about weekly doses and he said he will put me on it after some time thanks for your reply dude

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The longer you wait, the worse you will feel with the roller coaster effect of infrequent injections. It's a battle in itself dialing in a protocol, so don't waste time with a dr that isn't up on current TRT protocols. Trust me in this. The longer you wait the harder it will be. Also your dr should be testing you for a whole lot more than just test levels. If you have some current labs, post them and we can help with recommendations.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Mine has thinned since starting TRT but it's also in the family, but after getting your TRT lined out and feeling like a champ you really wont give a **** about your hair line IMO

phoenix12

Awards
Mine has thinned since starting TRT but it's also in the family, but after getting your TRT lined out and feeling like a champ you really wont give a **** about your hair line IMO
bro can you tell me how long you've been on trt and what dose are you taking ???

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've had this discussion several times and most of us on TRT have found that it has made us hairier. My chest hair has thickened and I get hair sprouting in places I don't necessarily want, lol. I've always had a thick head of hair and I now keep it at a #1 or #2 because it is thicker than before I am tired of maintaining it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I second Kisaj's response. I'm a hairy guy and now even hairier and hate it. For some odd reason my fiancée likes the thick chest hair so call me lucky.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
I'm on 100mg a week test C right now, but like i said It runs in my family as far as head hair goes. But like the guys above I too have noticed an increase on my chest etc. So unless your already losing alot and its in your family I wouldn't worry about it.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
I'm on 300mg test cyp biweekly because of a pituitary problem. It's not producing LH & FSH. There is no loss of hair . I'm actually growing more now than I ever have

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm on 300mg test cyp biweekly because of a pituitary problem. It's not producing LH & FSH. There is no loss of hair . I'm actually growing more now than I ever have
I think I've replied to you on another thread, but how are you doing with 300 mgs bi-weekly? Do you feel crash after the first week?

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a roller coaster ride to me. You doing this one shot bi weekly or 150mg a week?

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Just called my primary care Dr to get a appointment tomorrow to see if he can send me to someone else. This indo I've seen for 2yr and he hasn't helped at all! I had blood work done Friday so I called today to see about a follow up appointment. because I know it came back 138. (thanks to my chart) The office told he said my levels are normal keep doing what I'm doing...... Hell no 138 low. As you probably can tell it's not been going well! Lol!

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Just called my primary care Dr to get a appointment tomorrow to see if he can send me to someone else. This indo I've seen for 2yr and he hasn't helped at all! I had blood work done Friday so I called today to see about a follow up appointment. because I know it came back 138. (thanks to my chart) The office told he said my levels are normal keep doing what I'm doing...... Hell no 138 low. As you probably can tell it's not been going well! Lol!
138 is super low, trust me I know. Any doctor that knows anything is going to fix you up with something with numbers like that. If you were on that high of dose of test, when did you get bloods taken? I'm guess almost two weeks after pinning

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
You need to switch to 150mg a week, you'd feel a lot better and it wouldn't be such a spike and dive with your test levels, even 75mg twice a week would be great.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Proper test dose is very individual from person to person. I've tried everything from 100mg weekly (split over two shots) to 200mg weekly (split). I do best at 120mg/week spread over 2 shots.