Low hematocrit can't donate

edmassa

Awards
I'm on 70 mg test twice a week every 3.5 days this keeps my test at 900 and in the 30s non sensitive test. My red blood cell count slowly rises as to where I donated blood 4 or 5 times last year . Went to donate again after 5 months of not donating due to a low iron test I received from my doctor and I was denied due to a finger prick reading of 12.1 last time I donated it was 12.6 and they let me. Should I just stop donating blood in maybe my rbc isn't rising anymore ?

j2048b

Awards
Go get a full cbc pulled and see where ur h&h is at

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned need full cbc with iron panel as well as ferritin.

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is donating blood a must do while on trt?and if so.is there any other methods too avoid donating blood?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is donating blood a must do while on trt?and if so.is there any other methods too avoid donating blood?
Donating is a must IF your RBC and hematocrit are up. That's one of the easiest ways to get it down. If your levels are high, I wouldn't worry about donating unless it's an important thing for you to do. I would still keep an eye on your levels since they are low. You don't want to ignore a possible problem.

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Donating is a must IF your RBC and hematocrit are up. That's one of the easiest ways to get it down. If your levels are high, I wouldn't worry about donating unless it's an important thing for you to do. I would still keep an eye on your levels since they are low. You don't want to ignore a possible problem.

What other methods of lowering that does not have to do with donating blood?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lowering TRT dose, naringin has been reported to. I take it and it keeps my levels within safe levels, but I live at 7000 feet and RBC and hematocrit is naturally elevated.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned need full cbc with iron panel as well as ferritin.
Sorry for interrupting but I can't reach you Matrix via messages.
Can you please tell me if you know a good doc In Israel or maybe Europe?

I'm dragging my health problems for decade know. It seems that local health care system is not willing or simply can't solve my issue.

If you have any other advise I will glad to hear about it.

Cheers.

edmassa

Awards
Labs done
Iron. Serum 11 (15-185)
Hemoglobin 13.2

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Drs in Europe especially in uk are in the dark ages. I have some mds in uk I am collaborating on some interesting cases now. What area are you looking in? I just got contact information for doctor in dubai, but have not time to connect. Keep you in mind.

j2048b

Awards
Lowering TRT dose, naringin has been reported to. I take it and it keeps my levels within safe levels, but I live at 7000 feet and RBC and hematocrit is naturally elevated.
Im up about 4500-5000 ft myself and my hematologist kept trying to make me do a plem and my local doc kept saying no because of the altitude i live at keeps mine high a bit anyways....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The docs and endos I've worked with accept up to 54-55% hematocrit before concern. I don't really agree with that, but shows the difference in sea level vs high elevation.