Pancreatitis

lboston

lboston

Awards
Anyone have experience with pancreatitis? I spent two days last week in the ER with it. Probably two of the worst days I've ever had health wise!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Anyone have experience with pancreatitis? I spent two days last week in the ER with it. Probably two of the worst days I've ever had health wise!
What were your symptoms?

lboston

lboston

Awards
What were your symptoms?
At first, on Wednesday, I thought I was having a heart attack. EkG results came back only slightly off. Sent me via ambulance from my GP's office to to ER. There they told me it was dehydration and poor kidney function. Given two bags of fluids and sent home...

Thursday woke up and felt like my insides were coming out. I was vomiting so much I eventually only had bile and stomach acid left to puke (dark green). Went back to ER...

The doc there on Thursday said they should've checked my amylase and lipase the day beforeC but they did not. Took those, I addition to some other labs, and amylase and lipase were both indicative of pancreatitis.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
At first, on Wednesday, I thought I was having a heart attack. EkG results came back only slightly off. Sent me via ambulance from my GP's office to to ER. There they told me it was dehydration and poor kidney function. Given two bags of fluids and sent home... Thursday woke up and felt like my insides were coming out. I was vomiting so much I eventually only had bile and stomach acid left to puke (dark green). Went back to ER... The doc there on Thursday said they should've checked my amylase and lipase the day beforeC but they did not. Took those, I addition to some other labs, and amylase and lipase were both indicative of pancreatitis.
Damn! What caused it?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Damn! What caused it?
Honestly, not really sure. The two main causes are gallbladder problems and chronic alcoholism. I don't have a gallbladder and I don't drink nearly, or often, enough to be considered an alcoholic!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 0
General Chat 0