Thinking about coming off trt

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I have on TRT for about 2 years and I'm thinking about coming off. I was planning staying on for as long as I could but for different reasons (one of the reasons is another kid) I'm thinking of coming off.

Is it possible to come back to normal with the right amount of hcg, clomid etc?
Have anybody here done it with good results?

j2048b

Awards
So u want another kid? Or another came along so ur want to come off?

Some can have a kid while on trt i did it, did not have to stop trt at all....

There is a post on another board it is a huge restart for when people want to stop trt,

Look over at:

Undergroundbodybuilding dot com

Look under their trt section and the guys name is cashout

It should be a sticky in their trt section

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
We want another kid, been trying for awhile... :(

I did read about cashout a couple of days ago actually, I don't think he wroth anything after he did it..?

I'm seeing my Dr next week for options, just wanted to ask around if anybody else did it and how they felt after?

j2048b

Awards
We want another kid, been trying for awhile... :(

I did read about cashout a couple of days ago actually, I don't think he wroth anything after he did it..?

I'm seeing my Dr next week for options, just wanted to ask around if anybody else did it and how they felt after?
Cash out wrote just that restart basically, and for some it has worked well

Yeah chat w the doc, hell she may need fertility drugs i know my wife did....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please talk to your doctor about adding hcg or hmg to your trt. There was a good paper written by Dr Crisler on hcg and its benefits which you may want to share with your open minded doctor. It may be suggested to go rub a few out to check for sperm count in the process. .

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Please talk to your doctor about adding hcg or hmg to your trt. There was a good paper written by Dr Crisler on hcg and its benefits which you may want to share with your open minded doctor. It may be suggested to go rub a few out to check for sperm count in the process. .
Yeah I got hcg on file already but haven't used it yet, but I'm still pretty sure I want to get off totally. I'm seeing my Dr tomorrow and will discuss what's the best way to do it. I'm guessing hcg and Clomid will be the best way to go.

Still interested to hear from someone that successfully got off? :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, nothing to report personally, but my endo has done this several times and he generally has someone stop taking TRT for 30 days, then starts them on a short combination of Clomid and HCG, then tapering off the HCG after 4 weeks. Clomid will be run for 2-3 months.

I don't know the success rate, but he states that this is how he does it.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Again, nothing to report personally, but my endo has done this several times and he generally has someone stop taking TRT for 30 days, then starts them on a short combination of Clomid and HCG, then tapering off the HCG after 4 weeks. Clomid will be run for 2-3 months.

Wonder why he stop them on TRT for so long until he starts them on hcg&clomid? I will try to start asap on that hcg&clomid since I'm using a fast acting test cream.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know, but it was the same method with the other endos I worked with as well.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

That 30 days off would be complete hell if you ask me well at least the last 21 days of it!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have on TRT for about 2 years and I'm thinking about coming off. I was planning staying on for as long as I could but for different reasons (one of the reasons is another kid) I'm thinking of coming off.

Is it possible to come back to normal with the right amount of hcg, clomid etc?
Have anybody here done it with good results?
Keep us posted on how everything turns out. Hopefully, your doc will put you on some sort of hcg or hmg with a somewhat long term clomid regimen. Those two medications show the most promise in make fertility. I am curious how it goes as I am in a similar boat, but just farther along in the process. I was on TRT for 2 years and I came off it 5 months ago because were trying for a kid. My doctor told my to just taper my T gel dose down for a month and I will be fine lol. Since, I knew better then that a ran a strong PCT for 4 weeks after tapering off the T gel. My doc wouldn't prescribed hcg, clomid or an AI.

My PCT looked something like:
Hcg for the last 2 weeks of my "cycle".
Clomid 25mg ED for 4 weeks.
Low dose of Formeron (AI) for 4 weeks.
Viron (free T booster)2 caps ED for 4 weeks.
HCGenerate (test booster) 5 caps ED for 4 weeks.

I honestly felt good during PCT and still do. I still rotate T booster (5 months later) because they make me feel much better (energy, libido, etc). I still have not been able to get my wife pregnant though. I am going in 2 weeks to get my sperm count check. Also, it may be my wife holding back the pregnancy because we bought a couple ovulation kits and it says she never ovulates (2 different kits). Once, my wife gets checked by her gyn doctor and my sperm count numbers come back we will reassess things. I may go to a fertility doctor and try and get on a low dosed clomid regimen. We shall see...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Keep us posted on how everything turns out. Hopefully, your doc will put you on some sort of hcg or hmg with a somewhat long term clomid regimen. Those two medications show the most promise in make fertility. I am curious how it goes as I am in a similar boat, but just farther along in the process. I was on TRT for 2 years and I came off it 5 months ago because were trying for a kid. My doctor told my to just taper my T gel dose down for a month and I will be fine lol. Since, I knew better then that a ran a strong PCT for 4 weeks after tapering off the T gel. My doc wouldn't prescribed hcg, clomid or an AI.

My PCT looked something like:
Hcg for the last 2 weeks of my "cycle".
Clomid 25mg ED for 4 weeks.
Low dose of Formeron (AI) for 4 weeks.
Viron (free T booster)2 caps ED for 4 weeks.
HCGenerate (test booster) 5 caps ED for 4 weeks.

I honestly felt good during PCT and still do. I still rotate T booster (5 months later) because they make me feel much better (energy, libido, etc). I still have not been able to get my wife pregnant though. I am going in 2 weeks to get my sperm count check. Also, it may be my wife holding back the pregnancy because we bought a couple ovulation kits and it says she never ovulates (2 different kits). Once, my wife gets checked by her gyn doctor and my sperm count numbers come back we will reassess things. I may go to a fertility doctor and try and get on a low dosed clomid regimen. We shall see...
I will let you guys know how it goes!
Lol, at your Dr!
Good luck with the baby making :)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
When working with doctors to restart a person takes about 3-4 months. With proper evaluations imbalances in numerous metabolic pathways were identified then addressed in a specific order. Once these were corrected then evaluate again then it was time to stop the clomid. Heres the biggest mistake seen. When you pull the training wheels off the bike it should keep on going. Unfortunately in traditional medicine they rarely address the root cause of the problem instead they tend to focus on the symptoms. The end result is guys crashing because the rug was pulled of from under neath them..

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
When working with doctors to restart a person takes about 3-4 months. With proper evaluations imbalances in numerous metabolic pathways were identified then addressed in a specific order. Once these were corrected then evaluate again then it was time to stop the clomid. Heres the biggest mistake seen. When you pull the training wheels off the bike it should keep on going. Unfortunately in traditional medicine they rarely address the root cause of the problem instead they tend to focus on the symptoms. The end result is guys crashing because the rug was pulled of from under neath them..
I got hcg&clomid from my Dr today, he gonna take blood in a month again and see where I'm at and we go from there.
My Dr is on TRT and seems knowledgable and willing to help out in the best way.

I'm planing on adding some OTC testo boosters also like Viron and maybe an hgh supp like Powerfull also.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got hcg&clomid from my Dr today, he gonna take blood in a month again and see where I'm at and we go from there. My Dr is on TRT and seems knowledgable and willing to help out in the best way. I'm planing on adding some OTC testo boosters also like Viron and maybe an hgh supp like Powerfull also.
IMO if you're wanting to come off TRT, adding an exogenous source of testosterone is going to be counter productive.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IMO if you're wanting to come off TRT, adding an exogenous source of testosterone is going to be counter productive.
He did not make any mention of adding an exogenous source of testosterone.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got hcg&clomid from my Dr today, he gonna take blood in a month again and see where I'm at and we go from there.
My Dr is on TRT and seems knowledgable and willing to help out in the best way.

I'm planing on adding some OTC testo boosters also like Viron and maybe an hgh supp like Powerfull also.
Another solid test booster that you may want to look into is HPTA, but it needs to be dosed at 4-6 caps ED.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Another solid test booster that you may want to look into is HPTA, but it needs to be dosed at 4-6 caps ED.
Ok, what's that, I couldn't find it?

Btw did you ever do blood after you pct after you stopped your TRT?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, what's that, I couldn't find it?

Btw did you ever do blood after you pct after you stopped your TRT?
HPTA is made by IronchampUSA, but dont purchase until you get one of their discount codes (35%-50% off).

When I was on TRT I would get bloods done every 3 to 4 months. I did my blood draw two weeks ago so my doc should have the results by now. I was planning to get them done a little soon since its been about 5 months, but I have been crazy busy with work and it was hard to find the time. I haven't set up the follow up for the bloodwork yet. Hopefully, I can get in there next week .

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You can not build a mansion with a crappy foundation it will crumble. Your doctor may be experienced with trt, but probably does not look at back filings all the enzymatic pathways in ordering to sustain your own production...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
You can not build a mansion with a crappy foundation it will crumble. Your doctor may be experienced with trt, but probably does not look at back filings all the enzymatic pathways in ordering to sustain your own production...
What do you mean?

My schedule right now will be:
HCG 1000iu's 2x week
Clomid 25mg ed

Retest my levels in 1 month and we adjust from there.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is very true; however, a very small % of docs will take the time to investigate it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Then you see why a lot of guys fail and are condemned to trt when they do not have to be. By focusing on the hormones, they neglect the underlying pathology which comes back to bite you. I see it all the time then we wonder why we have national health issues. Treat the symptoms not the cause throwing a band aid over it. Sorry but this is reality as I talk with doctors all the time to help educate them to give them food for thought...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Then you see why a lot of guys fail and are condemned to trt when they do not have to be. By focusing on the hormones, they neglect the underlying pathology which comes back to bite you. I see it all the time then we wonder why we have national health issues. Treat the symptoms not the cause throwing a band aid over it. Sorry but this is reality as I talk with doctors all the time to help educate them to give them food for thought...
Ok, so what do you think I should do?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
First week off review:

Been on:
Hcg 1000 iu x2 week
Clomid 25mg ed
Viron 1 cap ed
Powerfull 2-3 caps ed
for the past week.

I feel good, still strong in the gym and try to increasing weight every workout. Not as horny as I been but sex is still great! Energy levels are pretty much the same. Dropped some weight but also been disciplined with my diet so it was expected. So far so good :)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Find a good functional medicine doctor in your area. I know some as I have helped educate and train several. These case are not rocket science like people make them out to be.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Wait till the estrogen hits you with possible with in the second week..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
True, thats why he should think about adding a low dosed AI into his set up. Try getting some transdermal formestane to keep your e2 levels on the low side.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
This is why starting slow and low wins the race I have seen guys fine when levels are at 450-500 but when they hit 600 or more the e2:total testosterone source exponential. I prefer dr to have people rid it out as it also be the body level it self our from having receptors e2 are more sensitive as levels rise even when e2 levels ar3e normal

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
For some reason it feels like you want me to fail?! What did I ever say or do to you? All I did in this thread is to ask for help and guidance and all you do is to give me this answer..?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
True, thats why he should think about adding a low dosed AI into his set up. Try getting some transdermal formestane to keep your e2 levels on the low side.
I have Anastozol ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For some reason it feels like you want me to fail?! What did I ever say or do to you? All I did in this thread is to ask for help and guidance and all you do is to give me this answer..?
No, just hang tight. This is the set up to tell you he sees this all the time while instructing doctors and having access to lots of industry resources.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
2 weeks review:

Feeling good, strong and with good energy, the biggest change is that I'm not as horny (actually a good thing) and I look a little "softer".

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
3 week off mark,

Still feel good, weight the same, strength the same and mood the same. Next week I'm doing a blood test to see where I'm at.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Need be off 3 months to really have a good idea...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I understand, this is just the first blood test to see where I'm at and what we should add or take away to my "pct"..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 week off mark,

Still feel good, weight the same, strength the same and mood the same. Next week I'm doing a blood test to see where I'm at.
Sounds good man! My T numbers are lower than I had hoped after my pct, but I still feel relatively good. I can post my numbers up here later.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Sounds good man! My T numbers are lower than I had hoped after my pct, but I still feel relatively good. I can post my numbers up here later.
Yeah that would good to compare, did you use Clomid&hcg like I do or did you use it differently?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that would good to compare, did you use Clomid&hcg like I do or did you use it differently?
I posted my pct protocol somewhere in this thread. Yes, I used hcg & clomid among other things. But, I only used a quick few blasts of hcg just at the end of my TRT (last 2 weeks).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I posted my pct protocol somewhere in this thread. Yes, I used hcg & clomid among other things. But, I only used a quick few blasts of hcg just at the end of my TRT (last 2 weeks).
I have also stopped the clomid only because I ran out of it about 2 weeks ago. I have since added blr new otc serm Rebirth so we will see how that goes. I know it is somewhat of a leap of faith, but I have trust in that company.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My numbers from a month ago.

TT: 339
Free T: 61
E2: 17
LH: 3.5
FSH: 3.5

Btw, my baseline (1 week off TRT) TT was 189.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Sorry, yes you did, I forgot.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
My numbers from a month ago.

TT: 339
Free T: 61
E2: 17
LH: 3.5
FSH: 3.5

Btw, my baseline (1 week off TRT) TT was 189.
Interesting, I hope my levels is a little higher since I went pretty hard with hcg&clomid but I'll post mine as soon as it's done.

How do you feel, mood and muscle masswise ?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I hope my levels is a little higher since I went pretty hard with hcg&clomid but I'll post mine as soon as it's done.

How do you feel, mood and muscle masswise ?
Honestly, I feel equally as good as I did on TRT. Maybe slight fatigue during the second half of the day though.

But, the first 3 weeks of pct I noticed fatigue throughout the day, less motivation and some brain fog.