TRT

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
For the guys on TRT, why did you choose this route...

Naturally low T levels..
Never fully recovered after a cycle...
Made a choice to pin for personal benefit...
Or other? Etc

I'm at the crossroads now and just looking for others experiences and opinions..

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low T was my reason.
It's most likely gonna get lower every year.

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
Were your levels naturally declining or were you cycling and the levels just continued to drop over time?

I'll tell you why I'm asking,

I never have had any issues in pct, usually goes smooth.. However after my last cycle, I haven't fully recovered.. I ran a standard 30 day pct, got labs and was still shutdown / low levels etc Felt horrible, depressed etc

Ran another pct and still felt the same, no motivation, weight gain, muscle loss, depressed, etc I didn't get new labs again however.. But decided to pin and see how I felt, I feel great again.. Back in the gym, happy camper..

So I'm considering 2 options..
Pct again for months if need be...
Or
TRT..

Didn't expect to be on TRT at 31, but that's part of the game... Was just curious on how other excepted TRT..

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were your levels naturally declining or were you cycling and the levels just continued to drop over time?
I'll tell you why I'm asking,

I never have had any issues in pct, usually goes smooth.. However after my last cycle, I haven't fully recovered.. I ran a standard 30 day pct, got labs and was still shutdown / low levels etc Felt horrible, depressed etc

Ran another pct and still felt the same, no motivation, weight gain, muscle loss, depressed, etc I didn't get new labs again however.. But decided to pin and see how I felt, I feel great again.. Back in the gym, happy camper..

So I'm considering 2 options..
Pct again for months if need be...
Or
TRT..

Didn't expect to be on TRT at 31, but that's part of the game... Was just curious on how other excepted TRT..
I had naturally low test probably due to lifestyle & genetics but for sure was not from cycling. I never ran a PH until after I was on TRT. Found out my test was low only because I felt sluggish and tired all the time with little appitite & little to no gains at 35. I'm 42 now.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Fought Low T sides for years and finally took the plunge and had my GP test my levels and my Total T was 148.
I knew I had Low T from running my own bloods and it was low 358-438 before I ever ran my first cycle and I had peaks and valleys threwout the years where I saw a max of 636 but that dropped shortly after.
So I have naturally Low T more than likely due to bad lifestyle choices growing up because I let myself blow up to 330+ pounds and liked to do drugs and drink.
Just started TRT on 2/9/15 at 29 so I have a long road ahead of me.

Main reason I had my levels checked was because I was super depressed, tired, no drive, bad mood swings, and the list could go on and on but it was the mental sides that started to eat me up and tear me down.
Plus I never made much GAINZ or any that would actually stick around.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fought Low T sides for years and finally took the plunge and had my GP test my levels and my Total T was 148.
I knew I had Low T from running my own bloods and it was low 358-438 before I ever ran my first cycle and I had peaks and valleys threwout the years where I saw a max of 636 but that dropped shortly after.
So I have naturally Low T more than likely due to bad lifestyle choices growing up because I let myself blow up to 330+ pounds and liked to do drugs and drink.
Just started TRT on 2/9/15 at 29 so I have a long road ahead of me.

Main reason I had my levels checked was because I was super depressed, tired, no drive, bad mood swings, and the list could go on and on but it was the mental sides that started to eat me up and tear me down.
Plus I never made much GAINZ or any that would actually stick around.
Typical
Sounds exactly like me.
I love TRT

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I feel that I always had relatively low T even from 18-21 years old. Nonetheless I did several PH/PH cycles back then, did proper PCTs, moved on to regular cycling of AAS, and eventually went in to see a doctor who diagnosed me with Low T and put me on TRT. Now however I am off TRT to get my wife pregnant, and depending on how I feel and where my levels end up will determine wether or not I stay off.

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
Fought Low T sides for years and finally took the plunge and had my GP test my levels and my Total T was 148. I knew I had Low T from running my own bloods and it was low 358-438 before I ever ran my first cycle and I had peaks and valleys threwout the years where I saw a max of 636 but that dropped shortly after. So I have naturally Low T more than likely due to bad lifestyle choices growing up because I let myself blow up to 330+ pounds and liked to do drugs and drink. Just started TRT on 2/9/15 at 29 so I have a long road ahead of me. Main reason I had my levels checked was because I was super depressed, tired, no drive, bad mood swings, and the list could go on and on but it was the mental sides that started to eat me up and tear me down. Plus I never made much GAINZ or any that would actually stick around.
Thanks brotha..

I'd like to hold off on TRT for a few more years, but I am going to continue to cycle so I'm not sure that's a possibility..

Feeling depressed like I have been sucks, I'm sure you can relate.. It does give me the urge to drink and use..
But since pinning again for the last couple weeks I feel great again...

Is your doctor involved in this at all?

Mine said he'd put me on TRT when I saw him last, but my levels would go sky high at points so I'm not sure how long it would last, I'll hold off on that option..

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
I feel that I always had relatively low T even from 18-21 years old. Nonetheless I did several PH/PH cycles back then, did proper PCTs, moved on to regular cycling of AAS, and eventually went in to see a doctor who diagnosed me with Low T and put me on TRT. Now however I am off TRT to get my wife pregnant, and depending on how I feel and where my levels end up will determine wether or not I stay off.
You using clomid or anything atm?

Ph"s and pct were never an issue, but once the AAS started, it was heavier cycles and longer so things changed a bit..

Good Luck on the Baby Making business!!
Today is the Day to try... Lol

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Thanks brotha..

I'd like to hold off on TRT for a few more years, but I am going to continue to cycle so I'm not sure that's a possibility..

Feeling depressed like I have been sucks, I'm sure you can relate.. It does give me the urge to drink and use..
But since pinning again for the last couple weeks I feel great again...

Is your doctor involved in this at all?

Mine said he'd put me on TRT when I saw him last, but my levels would go sky high at points so I'm not sure how long it would last, I'll hold off on that option..
It is a possibility but just depends on what you're willing to deal with and put up with physically and mentally. Being depressed does suck, using Kratom has helped me to mitigate the downer feeling of low T or ever drink or use anything illicit.

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
It is a possibility but just depends on what you're willing to deal with and put up with physically and mentally. Being depressed does suck, using Kratom has helped me to mitigate the downer feeling of low T or ever drink or use anything illicit.
Appreciate the feedback brotha..

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Yes I asked and was referred to and endo.
SHE out me on 200 every 2 weeks. lol
I'm doing 100 every week spilt into 2 injections of 50.
Gotta keep them levels stable and more injections get it done.

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
Yes I asked and was referred to and endo. SHE out me on 200 every 2 weeks. lol I'm doing 100 every week spilt into 2 injections of 50. Gotta keep them levels stable and more injections get it done.
I hear ya, my setup would be similar..

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's why I chose the Jekyll & Hyde pic..
That's how I been feeling lately when I'm On/Off the juice.. Lol
The key to the TRT is to find a good protocol. Mine sucks due to my doc.
Had my levels checked 2 weeks ago & it was 168, that was right before injection. Had it checked yesterday 358. Every 21 days for me is a roller coaster ride. Seeing an Endo & trying to get more frequent injections.

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
Good idea because that does sound like a roller coaster..

I brew my own gear so it wouldn't be an issue for myself atm..

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
The key to the TRT is to find a good protocol. Mine sucks due to my doc.
Had my levels checked 2 weeks ago & it was 168, that was right before injection. Had it checked yesterday 358. Every 21 days for me is a roller coaster ride. Seeing an Endo & trying to get more frequent injections.
Read my post above and start doing at least 1 weekly injection. Every 21 days is BS and Google cypionate and you'll see why.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read my post above and start doing at least 1 weekly injection. Every 21 days is BS and Google cypionate and you'll see why.
Yeah I read it. I think your protocol is great. I'm trying to be able to do home injections. Hopefully my trip to the Endo can help me.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I read it. I think your protocol is great. I'm trying to be able to do home injections. Hopefully my trip to the Endo can help me.
Oh...
Your having to go to the clinic everytime for your injection?
That right there would be to much of a hassle for me and your levels on TRT are probably no better than your natural ones.
Injections are the way to go but what about Androgel for you?
Daily applications would be better than every 21 days.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh...
Your having to go to the clinic everytime for your injection?
That right there would be to much of a hassle for me and your levels on TRT are probably no better than your natural ones.
Injections are the way to go but what about Androgel for you?
Daily applications would be better than every 21 days.
Good suggestion man. I'm most definitely going to give Androgel a try. I do believe a daily application would do me better.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good suggestion man. I'm most definitely going to give Androgel a try. I do believe a daily application would do me better.
I started off with Androgel. It was such a hassle. Injections are so much better. Hopefully your endo will put you on weekly injections.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started off with Androgel. It was such a hassle. Injections are so much better. Hopefully your endo will put you on weekly injections.
I'm praying for weekly dude.
Some Androgel along with injections would be bomb.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm praying for weekly dude. Some Androgel along with injections would be bomb.
Lol don't add any other T sources until your levels get stabilized. You'll be chasing your sweet spot and won't know what to change. There's more to it than just test and an AI if you need one. You'll need to have your pregnenolone, DHEA and vitamin D3 checked as well as other hormones. It will take about 8 months to a year to get your protocol nailed down. After that you can add things to it.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol don't add any other T sources until your levels get stabilized. You'll be chasing your sweet spot and won't know what to change. There's more to it than just test and an AI if you need one. You'll need to have your pregnenolone, DHEA and vitamin D3 checked as well as other hormones. It will take about 8 months to a year to get your protocol nailed down. After that you can add things to it.
That's a good reason why I should not rely on my GP to get this done. They are so flakey when it comes to TRT.
I hope the Endo can it from my point of view.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a good reason why I should not rely on my GP to get this done. They are so flakey when it comes to TRT. I hope the Endo can it from my point of view.
Yeah most GP's aren't up on the new TRT protocols. Find a pharmacy that does compounding. Ask them what dr prescribes the most testosterone. Choose a dr from the results, in case the endo doesn't work out.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going back to my urologist tomorrow for blood work. He pretty much knows what's best for testing but I want to be a thorough as possible do you guys have any recommendations other than the standard stuff on what I should ask for like vitamin d etc

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
Test total/free/bio
LH
FSH
SHBG
Estrogen sensitive for males
Cortisol
Prolactin
LFT
DHT
CBC
CMP
GH/IGF
A1C
TSH
T3
T4
Vit D
B6
B12
Ferritin

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol.. I was denied by the Endo.
I don't understand why. They said I was fine with the measly 300mg I'm getting now even with numbers of 158 at the end of my test injection & 328 mid way thru. Lame

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol.. I was denied by the Endo. I don't understand why. They said I was fine with the measly 300mg I'm getting now even with numbers of 158 at the end of my test injection & 328 mid way thru. Lame
Find another Dr. You have to search do them. Don't give up dude.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why. They said I was fine with the measly 300mg I'm getting now even with numbers of 158 at the end of my test injection & 328 mid way thru. Lame
Wow....

That's just WRONG!!!
Low T on TRT and they won't do anything about it.
Talk about unnecessary stress and frustration.

If I was you I'd be hitting Google hard and finding another doctor or call around and find one that knows what's up.

j2048b

Awards
Do a google maps search of compounding pharmacies in ur area, when u get a few call them and ask what doctors they use that script the neccessary items and then call each doc office and ask if u can do a telephone q&a, this is a great way to find a doctor who is willing to help u!

j2048b

Awards
I started trt because of all the noticeable issues i had:

Emotional
Anger out bursts,
Lack of desire etc....