Trt and now thryroid issues?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone been on trt and now are having thyroid issues..tsh is now hypo...was ok before trt..heard this may happen to some ppl

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for info... I have the same situation

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Often the Adrenals are starting to tank after being on TRT for a long time and probably from not having other factors in check. As the body reaches homeostasis biochemical pathways will be effected. Some times this can take up to a year to reveal the truth which has been masked. It has happen several times in cases.

MindWarrior

MindWarrior

Awards
Hmm yea its fairly common so some people will take 25 mg of T3 a day to return thyroid levels to normal.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
anyone been on trt and now are having thyroid issues..tsh is now hypo...was ok before trt..heard this may happen to some ppl
There is an association with hypothyroidism and testicular dysfunction- where the latter can present as secondary hypogonadism. This can actually be treated with thyroxine (t4) replacement.
Can't say I've ever heard of it occurring the other way around unless there is some form of acquired pituitary pathology present, in which case there would likely be more trophic hormones affected than just TSH.

I think it might just be an unlucky coincidence.

What blood tests have you had?

j2048b

Awards
I have been off trt since october and had bw ran recently.... Found out i now have slight hyperthyroid.... Thryoid issues run in the family tho.... But was shocking because never had thyroid issues myself.... Now hyperthyroid??? Weird

My mom and sister both hypo thyroid and have both had theirs removed....

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
TRT may reveal other issues once you get your levels stable. I see cases of hypothyroidism come out after a year on TRT as the testosterone receptors actually start to repair.

j2048b

Awards
TRT may reveal other issues once you get your levels stable. I see cases of hypothyroidism come out after a year on TRT as the testosterone receptors actually start to repair.
Thanks sean! Didnt know u were still over here with how busy u have been!