To high progesterone

kolakao

Awards
Hey

First, Please, if you can, explain me what is the main pathway for Testosterone ? Is it possible to give results in percentage for each way?

a)pregnenolone----> progesterone---> 17 hydroxyprogesterone----->androstedione----> testosterone
b) pregnenolone----> 17 hydroxypregnenolone------->DHEA----->androstedione----> testosterone

Second, I have high progesterone, pretty high cortisol, low T. Cortisol is stealing progesterone???

FSH 1,89 mIU/ml [1,27 -19,26 ]
LH 2,45 mIU/ml [1,24 - 8,62 ]
Estradiol 29 pg/ml
Progesteron 1,43 ng/ml [0,27 - 0,9]
Testosteron 2,76 ng/ml [1,75 -7,81]
Cortisol 17,54 µg/dl [6,2-19,4]
Prolactine 12,35ng/ml [range 2,64-13,13]
17-hydroxyprogesterone 2,47 ng/ml [0,20-2,3]
Aldosterone - 5,98 ng/dl
Androstenedione - 2,47 ng/ml [0,45-4,2]
ACTH 26,27 pg/ml 7,20 - 63,30

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Learning myself but here is a hormone pathway chart:

image-3442054337.jpg

kolakao

Awards
which way is stronger ?

a)pregnenolone----> progesterone---> 17 hydroxyprogesterone----->androstedione----> testosterone
b) pregnenolone----> 17 hydroxypregnenolone------->DHEA----->androstedione----> testosterone

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Your high Cortisol needs to be explained.

OP, do you have allergies?? Do you know your IgE, IgA? (allergies/inflammation cause increased Cortisol production)

Low thyroid can cause your Body the use Cortisol to increase your metabolism, so test you TSH, TT4, FT4, TT3, FT3, and Thyroid antibodies.
If thyroid is low, your balls are not going to produce loads of testosterone.

Saliva test your Cortisol, 4 intervals over a day.
DHEAs level?
D3 level?
SHBG and DHT levels?
Free and Total TESTOSTERONE levels?
E2 range on that test?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
which way is stronger ?
One way is not stronger than the other, it just explains where the conversion is taking place in the adrenal cortex. I don't know all the details, but I've had this discussion with my endo and a hormone therapist friend that love to geek out on it. You cannot control it, so no need to worry about it.

kolakao

Awards
The obstacle is that I had removed Thyroid 6 years ago, due to papilary cancer, I am health 28 y old guy. Before Thyroid surgery I have to confess my libido/erection/life enojoyment was great. Even when doc told me that I had cancer nothing happened and I had as normal strong erections as always. So it is deffinetly not stress issue. My particular symptom is that even after masturbation I dont feel urgence of sleep or rest, the same with muscle soreness, even after hard training which I think is related to cortisol issue.

-everyday i take levothyroxine 175(thyroid hormone t4)
-I will figure out about IgE, IgA; never feel that I could have allergy
-my thyroid tests from last week, TSH is low but I will switch my levothyroxine to 150 so in one month will be around 0,4, anyway TSH in my case have tobe under 1,0:

TSH 0,1 µIU/m 0,34 - 5,6
FT3 2,76 pg/m 2,5 - 3,9
FT4 1,15 ng/dl 0,6 - 1,12
anty-TPO 0,8 IU/ml 0,0 - 9
anty-TG 0 IU/m 0 - 4

-D3 level: I supplement it, 2000/4000 ui daily, but it doesnt help me, I stopped taking it;
-DHEA-SO4- 492 ug/dl [160-449]- I had the same symptoms, that is why I am asking which hormone pathway is stronger.
-E2 ranges [7,63-42,60]
-SHBG I measure it once in 06.2012: SHBG 13,71 nmol/l [14,50-48,40]
- Free Test- result from 2012: 21,49 pg/ml 4,50-42,00
-DHT never measure it but I think is low, Saliva test of cortisol might be not available in my country
-I bought Rhodiola- diet supplement which can lower cortisol.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Supplemented T4 induced Hyperthyroidism, indicated by your TSH OF 0.1. Interesting. I would have expected
your FT3 to be higher, and consequently your SHBG higher. But, although your FT4 is top of range, your FT3 is low,
and your SHBG is suppressed.
SHBG is needed to maintain a higher TT.

I'm now just bouncing untested ideas off of you, but have you considered substituting a little T3 for a small amount of T4?
Say add 5mcg T3(2.5mcg twice a day) and drop 20mcg of T4 and see if your SHBG would rise.

Bottom line, because of your cancer concern, your may not be able to do much with your Thyroid meds.

kolakao

Awards
MR.TT will try it.

my IGF 1 result from the same week which rest of labs:
IGF-1 202,8 ng/ml [96,4 - 227,8]

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Back when I was testing for it, my Progesterone was also very high. I gave up trying to figure out why. Never could figure it out completely.

But to be honest, I was a bit similar to you. Adrenal issues, low DHEA and low Test.

kolakao

Awards
Back when I was testing for it, my Progesterone was also very high. I gave up trying to figure out why. Never could figure it out completely.

But to be honest, I was a bit similar to you. Adrenal issues, low DHEA and low Test.
How did you managed with it?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on TRT and also treating my adrenals with a small dose of hydrocortisone, spread throughout the day (more in AM, less in afternoon/early evening). Once in a while I use licorice root extract as well, and I stress dose my hydrocortisone during times of high stress. Unfortunately, I've had to manage my adrenals all on my own and self-treat..... my doctor thinks this is pop-science.

I forgot to mention, I also use TD DHEA + PREG, plus an AI.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
OP, I see you also posted this on meso with a different user name; did you learn anything from there? Weren't satisfied with Jim's response?
The syntax and choice of words though is identical, I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence as not many people are going to use the phrase "cortisol stealing progesterone" .
Plus you spelled "too" as "to" instead.
rsz_a2.jpg

https://thinksteroids.com/community/threads/to-high-progesterone.134362039/

You might looking at a DHT issue OP; DHT counteracts progesterone.
In my experience, lower cortisol is a good thing; unless the cause for low cortisol is adrenal fatigue.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OP, just so that you know, my cortisol was bottoming out and I was lacking cortisol, which was why I started to supplement with hydrocortisone. It was fine in the morning but I was bottoming out early in the day and I had a really poor cortisol release for anything stressful - I would get the shakes really badly in response to stress (this is a noradrenaline response, when adrenals are low).

I was very hesitant to post my protocol above because it is very tailored to me personally. Everyone is different. Your testosterone is low though.....

kolakao

Awards
to be honest I am looking for help anywhere I can. My cortisol is high.