TRT and Hypothyroid

strong2744

Awards
Hello,

I am 38 years old and have been diagnosed with hypothyroid, hypogonadism, and mild hyperprolactinemia (highest level 38). It started 14 years ago when I had no issues with libido and then all of the sudden I went from being able to have sex three times a day to never desiring sex and having erectile issues overnight.

I had used testosterone recreationally and made the mistake of staying on 10-15mg of d-Bol daily for at least a year just because I didn't like the feeling of coming off completely.

So 14 years and three endocrinologists later I have been through androgel, testim, and now I'm on 40mg of prescribed cypionate every 5 days. My testosterone level usually jumps up the day of an injection between 800-900 but dives to somewhere between 300-400 by the morning of the next injection. I've had a pituitary mri come back negative, ct scans of brain negative, and I'm currently taking a very small dose of cabergoline to keep prolactin in check but my libido is still terrible!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've had my estrogen checked before and it was normal, free t was normal, and sghb level was normal as well. I'm scheduled for more blood work and I requested to have that checked again but is my issue with my trt dosing and my levels dropping between 300-400 before my next dose?

I get adequate sleep, I've been tested for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and I exercise as well as eat fairly clean. I have had periods of time over these 14 years where I can "function" sexually but my drive as well as my erectile quality has been poor. Thanks

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every five days between injections is too long. You should do it every 3.5 days. Believe me there's a big difference in the two. Also you say your E2 was normal. We need to know specific levels and range. Also did you have your DHEA and pregnenolone levels checked? Post your complete lab on here so we can help give you some advise.

strong2744

Awards
I appreciate the assistance. I'm having two sets of labs done over the next couple weeks and I'll post the results as soon as I get them. Thanks again

strong2744

Awards
Ok. So I received my blood work back after my Dr agreed to let me try 80mg every 5 days. My levels on
The third day after my injection are below. I feel better with the dosage adjustment but something is still missing with my libido?

Total Test 815
Free test 28
E2 27
Shgb 21.9
Prolactin 2.9 (small dose of cabergoline)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those numbers look good, but a range for each is helpful as there are several labs with different ranges.

Libido is a tricky thing and cannot be determined with numbers. They are only indicators if there is something glaring.