glucose to lower testosterone blood work results

simon1972

simon1972

Awards
Hi guys. I have low T. Hovering around 390- 420 at its highest. Limit for try in Australia is 320 to obtain any medical help.

I read the study that taking glucose 30mins before a bloodtest drops test levels by 25 percent for two hours after ingestion

This should see me drop into the zone ( see study below)

https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2010/testosteronedecreasesafteringestionofsugar

So I have my glucose on hand ready to dose up so I can drop into that range where I can finally get on the TRT I desperately need.
I'm 43 by the way and have progressively dropped performance to a stage I need regular sleep during the day.

The Dr has given me a blood test including.
Test
Free test
Igf-1
Igfbg
Estrodiol
Dhea-s

My question is.

Does glucose (around 30/40 gms) in some way effect igf 1 levels?

I don't want my lowering test levels triggering another red flag considering he is also testing for igf1

Any advice most welcome

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you want to go on TRT for life so you can stop wanting a nap in the afternoon? I can tell you that test is not going to change a circadian rhythm that changes as we move into our 40s, with highest activity being in the morning and feeling like rest in the afternoon.

What are your other symptoms? I wouldn't want to go on TRT without other symptoms if I were still in the 400s.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 54 and felt the same as you do. I wake at 5:30 AM and start to crash around 7 PM. My Total T is around 490 and thought that was the issue. This was from being brainwashed by the media that spills out ads stating that TRT is the answer. Get your bloodwork done first and evaluate where you stand before accepting TRT.

simon1972

simon1972

Awards
thanks for the responses, i appreciate your concerns and taking the time to respond.. but my question has nothing do do with whether or not i need trt.....

what im asking is......

Does the ingestion of glucose have any effect on circulating igf 1 levels? ??

thanks in advance.