New Here & Need Help

tjla7

Awards
Hi, I am new here...almost 35 in 2 months.

I was given Testosterone Cream, DHEA, Progesterone and Progenolone cream from 12/2013-3/2014.

My levels were fine before taking the cream - Test 674 and Estradiol n/a

Now I have chronic fatigue, pain, can't sleep, jock itch that never goes away, underarm itch, testicle pain and lots of sweating.

Here are my levels - my doctor (NEW) doesn't think it is the estradiol...but I do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quest Diagnostics

DHEA - 254.0
FSH - 1.3
LH - 4.1
Prolactin - 9.0
Total Testosterone - 417.0
Free Test - 12.65
Estradiol - 42.9
HGH -.1
IGF-1 - 197.0

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your levels were good before taking the cream, why were you prescribed it? Also can you list the reference ranges for the tests? Your E2 very well could be high if it's the reference range I'm thinking quest uses. Sounds like you might have something causing a build up of yeast that's causing the jock itch. The testicle pain could be from your natural testosterone production shutting down.

tjla7

Awards
Thanks for the reply. I asked for testosterone because I wasn't feeling the best. It was a stupid move. Also, there are a lot studies that link high estradiol to yeast.

Here is one...

*I tried to post a link...but they would not let me*

Here are the reference ranges:

Quest Diagnostics

DHEA - 254.0 80-560
FSH - 1.3 1.6-17.8
LH - 4.1 1.4-11.1
Prolactin - 9.0 3-14.7
Total Testosterone - 417.0 262-1593
Free Test - 12.65 3.84-34.17
Estradiol - 42.9 0-56
HGH -.1 .1-5
IGF-1 - 197.0 115-307

I appreciate the help.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the reply. I asked for testosterone because I wasn't feeling the best. It was a stupid move. Also, there are a lot studies that link high estradiol to yeast. Here is one... *I tried to post a link...but they would not let me* Here are the reference ranges: Quest Diagnostics DHEA - 254.0 80-560 FSH - 1.3 1.6-17.8 LH - 4.1 1.4-11.1 Prolactin - 9.0 3-14.7 Total Testosterone - 417.0 262-1593 Free Test - 12.65 3.84-34.17 Estradiol - 42.9 0-56 HGH -.1 .1-5 IGF-1 - 197.0 115-307 I appreciate the help.
Some of your levels are on the low end of the scale. I'm curious to know if HCG would kick start your natural production to where you could get off the test. With your original levels you should have explored other options by getting a full work up and thyroid testing done. But of course you know now because of the statement you made. We live and learn man. You don't want to be on TRT unless you have to, but if you have to it will be the best move you ever made. Your estradiol is high. If your dr won't give you an AI then look for an OTC one such as formeron by black lion. I've never used it but several guys on here swear by it.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
You have to find a way back to where you were before you screwed up your body. Its a lot easier to keep things working thatn fix them especially when the doctors just do not know enough about the whole system. I agree with both you and your doctor though, your estradiol is too high and it is not a problem it is a symptom of a problem. What about thyroid function?
I would look into something like clomid over hcg. Cheaper, easier to obtain, and proven to be effective in most cases.

tjla7

Awards
I really appreciate the response.

I am not on any testosterone currently. I quit only after 3 months. I have been off the HRT for 7 months.

My thyroid levels are ok.

Do you think my estradiol levels will ever go back to normal. I am on a low carb diet currently.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really appreciate the response. I am not on any testosterone currently. I quit only after 3 months. I have been off the HRT for 7 months. My thyroid levels are ok. Do you think my estradiol levels will ever go back to normal. I am on a low carb diet currently.
Why the low carb diet and what exactly do you mean by low carb? Are you over weight? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? How often do you workout? What does your workout consist of? Diet could have an affect on your hormone levels

tjla7

Awards
I am doing the paul Jaminet diet. I get 100-150 carbs a day. I am 5'8" 170. I workout 3x a week but feel terrible after. I have exercise intolerance. I sweat after I eat carbs (high). Lots of sweat. I never had this junk until I quit the hrt cream. It is really insane. I was benching 225 7or 8 times a month ago...but now I am so tired...I just do pushups and chin ups.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure why you lack energy. We call this being "lethargic" here and certain steroids/PHs will result in this. As far as E2 lowering, get a bottle of Formeron or Formabolic (formestane) and use this transdermal formestane to lower it. Do a search for either product.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You e2 is high on either scale that is used, but it you need to post up ranges. The one problem that I would see is that you really want to bring that test back up to where it was and lower e2. Starting a clomid or HCG kick will increase the e2 along with the test, provided it worked.

You really need to work close with your doc and get some answers and a plan of attack.

I highly doubt the jock itch is associated.

tjla7

Awards
I really appreciate the comments. I have a followup appointment on Monday and will post discussion.

Can the estradiol be reversed and become normal again after short term medication?