trt with no ai

Rocktown

Awards
So the results came in and I was diagnosed with low t. The doc started me on test cyp 200 mg every two weeks. But he didn't give a any kind of a.i. I am gyno prone from a partial cycle of superdrol (yes I know the prohormones probably lead to the low t). I didn't tell him about my gyno problems. I cleared up the gyno after the last flair up with the typical taper up protocol of letro. What should I do? Should I just get my own a.i? I am supposed to go back in 6 weeks and get my numbers rechecked.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So the results came in and I was diagnosed with low t. The doc started me on test cyp 200 mg every two weeks. But he didn't give a any kind of a.i. I am gyno prone from a partial cycle of superdrol (yes I know the prohormones probably lead to the low t). I didn't tell him about my gyno problems. I cleared up the gyno after the last flair up with the typical taper up protocol of letro. What should I do? Should I just get my own a.i? I am supposed to go back in 6 weeks and get my numbers rechecked.
Getting a shot ever other week is going to make you feel awful. Once a week is the longest you should ever go. Every other week is old protocol. Find a new dr

Rocktown

Awards
Crap. It was hard enough to find a Dr that would write me a script. I'm 30 and I work out like a maniac. And i had a test level of 356. My pcp said that was fine and that trt wouldn't do me any good. But i experience most of the symptoms of low t. This urologist did give me a script for 10 mil vials. I guess if the pharmacy doesn't jam me up I can inject every week. But i just want to try to play by the rules until I get my blood work done again in 6 weeks.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Every 2 weeks is long gone. Most do a 2x weekly protocol. That alone will help balance e2 quite a bit as you avoid the up and down roller coaster.

Rocktown

Awards
Would it do me any good to split the dose and do it every week?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Instead of getting it pinned 2x a month maybe try:

100mg once a week

Or better
50mg twice a week

At that low of a dose something like forbearance should be enough. But it's always good to have a pharma ai on hand

Rocktown

Awards
That small of an amount, I should be able to get away with sub-q instead of intramuscular right?

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
That small of an amount, I should be able to get away with sub-q instead of intramuscular right?
I'd still go IM with all oil based products.
25g 1in needle should be enough and it's thin and won't hurt.
Getting 22g is a little sore
23 not so bad as long as you go straight and don't fumble around,

Warm the oil by holding it in ur hand for a few minutes and google the z track injection method
Hit delts,glutes, quads... Those are all pretty easy to reach.

You could even hit biceps with that little amount of oil if you really wanted too

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Crap. It was hard enough to find a Dr that would write me a script. I'm 30 and I work out like a maniac. And i had a test level of 356. My pcp said that was fine and that trt wouldn't do me any good. But i experience most of the symptoms of low t. This urologist did give me a script for 10 mil vials. I guess if the pharmacy doesn't jam me up I can inject every week. But i just want to try to play by the rules until I get my blood work done again in 6 weeks.
If you are going to be able to inject yourself, start with 100 Mgs a week. Actually better to split the 100 mgs and inject twice a week. Smaller frequent injections help keep estradiol down to where you may not need an AI.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mention, you want to go 1x a week minimum. Preferred is 2x a week.

Rocktown

Awards
I'm going to do my first injection tonight. My wife and I have watched a YouTube video about how to administer this, but it didn't tell us how deep we need to go. Does anyone have any advice?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going to do my first injection tonight. My wife and I have watched a YouTube video about how to administer this, but it didn't tell us how deep we need to go. Does anyone have any advice?
What size needle are you using. As far as length wise, 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch is normally what is used. Put the needle all the way into your body then pull it out slightly and wait about 30 seconds, aspirate to ensure you are in the muscle. If you see blood you need to inject in another site. Once you see there's no blood inject slowly.

Rocktown

Awards
It's a 23 gauge needle. 1 inch long. So you're saying I put the entire length of the needle (1") into my muscle? I'm so freaked out by this. I hate needles.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a 23 gauge needle. 1 inch long. So you're saying I put the entire length of the needle (1") into my muscle? I'm so freaked out by this. I hate needles.
Lol!! It's weird at first but you will get used to it, trust me! I'm not afraid of needles but I was freaked out about sticking a needle into my body myself.

And yes you put the entire 1 inch needle into your muscle

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I go 1" regardless of the length. Sometimes they give me 1", others 1 1/4 or 1 3/8.

Rocktown

Awards
Oh, I'm way to much of a wuss to do it myself right now. I'm going to have my wife do it.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't stress it man. It'll get easier. Let her do it for as long as you need to

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Google the z track method for injection and study the pictures.

Follow sterile technique.

There's a kid who has a YouTube video which is pretty helpful. On my phone so don't have the link ATM.

turff49

turff49

Awards
You want feel a thing when you stick the needle in. And if you get PIP you probably won't start feeling it for 12-24hrs after you inject.

turff49

turff49

Awards
Post Injection Pain. For most it's just soreness.

Rocktown

Awards
Oh, gotcha. I've been warned that it would just feel like muscle soreness. Like after a hard workout.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, gotcha. I've been warned that it would just feel like muscle soreness. Like after a hard workout.
Yes that's what it feels like. Be sure to aspirate. That way you know you're not in a vein. If you inject in a vein it can cause problems. And a lot of pain.

Rocktown

Awards
Yes I'm very aware of that. My wife is an in home care provider for parkinson patients. She has administered flu shots (sub q) and i.v.'s (intravenous ) but never any kind of intramuscular.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes I'm very aware of that. My wife is an in home care provider for parkinson patients. She has administered flu shots (sub q) and i.v.'s (intravenous ) but never any kind of intramuscular.
Since she's used to injections and IV's intramuscular won't be a big deal at all

Rocktown

Awards
That's what we are hoping. I wouldn't even go as far as to say she's used to them. Just that she's done a few over the years.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Since she's used to injections and IV's intramuscular won't be a big deal at all