Results are in

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Had blood work done. Total testosterone came back at 489. Free test at 7.5. Doc said that I am a candidate for TRT. I know this is how these guys make their money, so I wanted to see what others thought first. I would rather not go on TRT. I'm 33. Vitamin D3 was a little low. Estradiol was not checked. Cholesterol was excellent. Is there a way to rectify the free test naturally. Tongkat Ali? DAA?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had blood work done. Total testosterone came back at 489. Free test at 7.5. Doc said that I am a candidate for TRT. I know this is how these guys make their money, so I wanted to see what others thought first. I would rather not go on TRT. I'm 33. Vitamin D3 was a little low. Estradiol was not checked. Cholesterol was excellent. Is there a way to rectify the free test naturally. Tongkat Ali? DAA?
Find an Endocrinologist and get him to run a full panel on you. If there are other means of bringing up your T without TRT he will be able to do it.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With TT nearly 500 I'd find out why FT is so low before jumping in.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
With TT nearly 500 I'd find out why FT is so low before jumping in.
Yeah. That was puzzling to me, too. Do you know what could potentially lower free T? I'm going to see if I can get an answer

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I use a shampoo that combats DHT for over a year now. Is it possible the anti-DHT ingredient (thymuskin peptide) is going systemic and somehow lowering systemic DHT and thus free T?

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 33 that TT level is lower than I would expect also. Check your E2 and SHBG levels since both drive down FT.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try taking vitamin D3 at 5000 IU per day.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
At 33 that TT level is lower than I would expect also. Check your E2 and SHBG levels since both drive down FT.
They didn't check my e2... So lowering estrogen would free up some T? If that's the case I love me some arimistane. Had an excellent recomp 2 summers ago with that and DAA. But then I guess that would only temporarily fix things...

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
You can take it all at once. My dr's office sells 5000 iu doses in single gel pills. That's what I take every day.
Any quality vitamin d products you recommend? Or is it all the same? I like NOW products. I could just grab a few bottles today. Cholecalciferol is what I should be looking for?

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I have to say that these test results are baffling to me. I just had an excellent recomp this summer, libido is strong, and morning wood is on the daily...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any quality vitamin d products you recommend? Or is it all the same? I like NOW products. I could just grab a few bottles today. Cholecalciferol is what I should be looking for?
NOW is a good brand. Make sure it's vitamin "D3" though.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They didn't check my e2... So lowering estrogen would free up some T? If that's the case I love me some arimistane. Had an excellent recomp 2 summers ago with that and DAA. But then I guess that would only temporarily fix things...
High E sends the shut off signal to produce T so if it's elevated and the ratio is off you get lower T:E. This isn't good when those are off. I read your other reply and high libido/morning wood are indicators that E2 is in your optimal range. Tongkat Ali has been shown to unbind T.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
So my free T came back at 7. Dr said 12-40 is normal. I've been taking D3 at 4000 IUs a day. I know you guys advised 5000, but I take a multi that provides 400. So that combined with my diet and the 4000 I'm supplementing should get me at ~ 5000. Is it still advised that I take the 5000? I did not know if there was some special effect when taking the 5000 at once...