Testosterone Pellets

BrianJB

Awards
So I had been on testosterone cypionate since April of this year, first month I felt pretty good. After that it has been a steady decline, feeling tired, uninterested..Yada yada.

I went back to the doctor today and he asked how I was feeling, told him what I said above. He is going to have me go to an endocrinologist, but he mentioned that people have been having a lot of success with pellet implants.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I tried the pellets four months ago, and I'm going back to shots every four days to maintain similar levels. I just couldn't see going thru the pain of 12 pellets every four months. I say try it once then make a decision. There is also Aveed now too.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
what has your follow up blood work shown in regards to all the pertinent hormones?

BrianJB

Awards
He sent me an email and said my t levels were in "normal range"...ill have to wait a couple of days to get my actual numbers. But my original doctor who put me on trt said he wanted me in the 900-1100 range.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I had been on testosterone cypionate since April of this year, first month I felt pretty good. After that it has been a steady decline, feeling tired, uninterested..Yada yada. I went back to the doctor today and he asked how I was feeling, told him what I said above. He is going to have me go to an endocrinologist, but he mentioned that people have been having a lot of success with pellet implants. Has anyone had any success with this?
What I have heard and read about pellets hasn't been that great. It does work for some but the bad thing is you don't know how many pellets you need since since everyone is different.

As far as pinning test Cyp since last April, how much and how often were you pinning? Also can you post your labs? It may be as simple as adjusting your protocol versus going away from pinning and going to pellets.

BrianJB

Awards
Here are my last results, I need to wait a couple more days for my newest results. Besides my t being low they said my e2 was really low too..

EDIT- Not sure if it posted the pic?, anyways my e2 was 17.988888 something and my t level was 150 something.

Attachments

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are my last results, I need to wait a couple more days for my newest results. Besides my t being low they said my e2 was really low too.. EDIT- Not sure if it posted the pic?, anyways my e2 was 17.988888 something and my t level was 150 something.
I did see the reference ranges listed. That will help

BrianJB

Awards
Also, I got my latest results back today.. my t levels were at 380..but my blood was taken at 10am and the dr. Had given me 200mg of testosterone cypionate and i had 50mg the day before that. So i wonder if part of my t being higher had to do with that?.

So after 5 months of trt I'm only at 380 (and even that is a questionable result, I think).

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, I got my latest results back today.. my t levels were at 380..but my blood was taken at 10am and the dr. Had given me 200mg of testosterone cypionate and i had 50mg the day before that. So i wonder if part of my t being higher had to do with that?. So after 5 months of trt I'm only at 380 (and even that is a questionable result, I think).
How often are you injecting and how much are you injecting each time?

BrianJB

Awards
Also, my original doctor who started me on trt went on to a walk in clinic. So i have a new doctor. But my original doctor told me that he'd like to see me at least in the 800 range.

And like I've said I can tell a difference, but it's not anything really great.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Also, I got my latest results back today.. my t levels were at 380..but my blood was taken at 10am and the dr. Had given me 200mg of testosterone cypionate and i had 50mg the day before that. So i wonder if part of my t being higher had to do with that?.

So after 5 months of trt I'm only at 380 (and even that is a questionable result, I think).

I'm sorry but this makes me think your doc doesn't know TRT at all. Every doc I've had always tests at the lowest level (farthest day from shot) to get your rock bottom reading. Everyone spikes after a shot! Time to move on to a new doctor in my opinion with 10 years of TRT under my belt.

BrianJB

Awards
I'm sorry but this makes me think your doc doesn't know TRT at all. Every doc I've had always tests at the lowest level (farthest day from shot) to get your rock bottom reading. Everyone spikes after a shot! Time to move on to a new doctor in my opinion with 10 years of TRT under my belt.
Luckily for me he is sending me to an endocrinologist this Friday. So hopefully that'll do the trick. I do not think this new doctor I have believes in trt. He kind of acted like it was a joke.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I learned a trick from a pharmacist. Want to know which doctor in your area is treating the most TRT patients??

Go to your current pharmacist and ask them "which doctor writes the most scripts in their pharmacy for Test gels and pellets".

Bingo, you have your most active TRT doctor near you....

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I learned a trick from a pharmacist. Want to know which doctor in your area is treating the most TRT patients?? Go to your current pharmacist and ask them "which doctor writes the most scripts in their pharmacy for Test gels and pellets". Bingo, you have your most active TRT doctor near you....
Pellets aren't prescribed....they are surgically implanted. I think you meant injectable testosterone.

BrianJB

Awards
I'm not at all worried about getting the testosterone. I am worried as to why it hasn't boosted my levels about 380 after 5 months...

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I'm not at all worried about getting the testosterone. I am worried as to why it hasn't boosted my levels about 380 after 5 months...
not enough IMO need to bump it too 200mg every 5 days

MuscleJ

Awards
No pellets for me, i find too many issue with patients I see in the office for me to ever consider it.

BrianJB

Awards
No pellets for me, i find too many issue with patients I see in the office for me to ever consider it.
Had my appointment today...what a waste of $45. The doctor basically said "your numbers are rising..let's keep you on your protocol". They did want to try "aveed" on me, it is a long lasting testosterone. You get 1 shot and get another one 4 weeks later then you get another shot once every 10 weeks.

Of course my insurance won't cover it.

Also it wasn't even and endo I saw. i saw a urologist.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had my appointment today...what a waste of $45. The doctor basically said "your numbers are rising..let's keep you on your protocol". They did want to try "aveed" on me, it is a long lasting testosterone. You get 1 shot and get another one 4 weeks later then you get another shot once every 10 weeks. Of course my insurance won't cover it. Also it wasn't even and endo I saw. i saw a urologist.
Most urologists suck at TRT. I saw one and talked him into weekly injections. Got my overall T up to 864 but my E2 was high. I asked for an ai but his response was I needed to get my T levels down to around 400 so my E2 would drop. I hung the phone up and went to another Dr. Things are great now.

BrianJB

Awards
Most urologists suck at TRT. I saw one and talked him into weekly injections. Got my overall T up to 864 but my E2 was high. I asked for an ai but his response was I needed to get my T levels down to around 400 so my E2 would drop. I hung the phone up and went to another Dr. Things are great now.

I have an appointment with my primary on Wednesday, I am going to ask him for another 4 month supply of test cypionate (enough to get me through January) I have a ton of work related travel and meetings coming up and with the weather getting ready to be bad I can't afford to keep going to the dr and getting lead down the wrong road. For some reason he wants to administer my test shots (previous doc gave me script). So he wants me to go every 2 weeks. If he won't give me injection script I am going to go with gel. Hate to do it, but I also hate missing 2 hours of work every 2 weeks to get a shot.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
so what happened? how did u end up keeping test high and e2 manageable? im curious cause i want to go to 200mg every 5 days for a month but want to keep e2 in check. was think of going OTC for estrogen reducer

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so what happened? how did u end up keeping test high and e2 manageable? im curious cause i want to go to 200mg every 5 days for a month but want to keep e2 in check. was think of going OTC for estrogen reducer
Using a formestane product for E2 reduction then? Something like Formabolic or Foremeron?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I inject slightly over 100 Mgs a week split into two injections, Wednesday and Saturday afternoon. I take .25 mgs of arimidex over third day. I'm assuming your wanting to bump up to 200 mgs for the gains and not necessarily for the TRT side? I've heard many people on here have a good success with Formerone (sp?) but I personally haven't used it. I saw the cost versus the cost of arimidex and decided to take arimidex. As far as keeping the E2 manageable, I have blood work done every two months. That way I know where I'm at. E2 is tough to manage, especially for me because I don't have a lot of the signs others have such as the nipple sensitivity and gyno. I just feel like **** when it's high and low, but when I'm low I feel very anxious and almost paranoid.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I inject slightly over 100 Mgs a week split into two injections, Wednesday and Saturday afternoon. I take .25 mgs of arimidex over third day. I'm assuming your wanting to bump up to 200 mgs for the gains and not necessarily for the TRT side? I've heard many people on here have a good success with Formerone (sp?) but I personally haven't used it. I saw the cost versus the cost of arimidex and decided to take arimidex. As far as keeping the E2 manageable, I have blood work done every two months. That way I know where I'm at. E2 is tough to manage, especially for me because I don't have a lot of the signs others have such as the nipple sensitivity and gyno. I just feel like **** when it's high and low, but when I'm low I feel very anxious and almost paranoid.
yes 200 for the gains i dont have access to arimidex so ill just have to use the formestane.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes 200 for the gains i dont have access to arimidex so ill just have to use the formestane.
Kisaj may be able to help you with how to dose the formestane. I think he uses formeron.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Pellets aren't prescribed....they are surgically implanted. I think you meant injectable testosterone.
You are correct. Thinking about cyp. And typing pellets.

As far as doctors, I tried an Endo and he was TOO cautious. I found a urologist in the Dallas area who dedicated a physicians assistant to TRT. It's all he does and all he studies. It's perfect.

Finding a good doc is like finding a good divorce attorney; you can lose the house, the wife and the girlfriend OR pick the right one, you ditch the wife, you keep the house AND the girlfriend ;)

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are correct. Thinking about cyp. And typing pellets. As far as doctors, I tried an Endo and he was TOO cautious. I found a urologist in the Dallas area who dedicated a physicians assistant to TRT. It's all he does and all he studies. It's perfect. Finding a good doc is like finding a good divorce attorney; you can lose the house, the wife and the girlfriend OR pick the right one, you ditch the wife, you keep the house AND the girlfriend ;)
Oh yes you are so correct!! You were lucky to find a doc dedicated to TRT. I was also lucky. I go to an integrative health center not to confused with an aging clinic. They are into natural supplementation and such. I know people that go there for other issues and are very pleased.

BrianJB

Awards
Sorry for the late update..I had my appointment with my doctor, I think I had mentioned earlier that he did not want to give me a script of test cyp because according to him "I worry about people breaking needles inside of them". Well when I went back I explained to him that my mom is an RN and can give me injections, he then said "well I worry about the medical waste". So i didn't even try after that because I knew he had his mind made up.

But he offered me a script for axiron, I went ahead an accepted it because I didn't think I would get anything else out of him. He gave me a free bottle and a written script, but I do have to admit I think that the gel works better for me than the injections, I am already feeling more energy. Not super wired or anything..just that I don't feel like I need to go to bed after being awake for 10 hours. My sex drive is slowly coming back.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the late update..I had my appointment with my doctor, I think I had mentioned earlier that he did not want to give me a script of test cyp because according to him "I worry about people breaking needles inside of them". Well when I went back I explained to him that my mom is an RN and can give me injections, he then said "well I worry about the medical waste". So i didn't even try after that because I knew he had his mind made up. But he offered me a script for axiron, I went ahead an accepted it because I didn't think I would get anything else out of him. He gave me a free bottle and a written script, but I do have to admit I think that the gel works better for me than the injections, I am already feeling more energy. Not super wired or anything..just that I don't feel like I need to go to bed after being awake for 10 hours. My sex drive is slowly coming back.
I felt like that when I first started using Androgel. That feeling lasted about 3 weeks then dropped off. Your response to the medical waste should have been, "I'll buy a sharps container at my local drugstore". I don't know your states regulations but in my state you can throw a sharps container in the trash to go to the landfill.

BrianJB

Awards
I'm sure our laws are the same. But, unfortunately this new doctor is very anti self injections. I am actually very surprised he gave me the axiron. Which is surprising since my t levels were around 150 so it wasn't like I was even at 400. My previous doctor (before he left) told me "do your research online, see what you find and if it sounds good we can sit down and talk and see if it would be good for you". So I think my previous doc would've been so much better for this...

My new doctor is a nice guy, but I do not think he believes in trt, and he has said a few times that the laws in regards to trt will be changing in the next few years and he probably won't be able to prescribe to anyone anymore, he said and this is a direct quote "low and lowering testosterone levels are a part of natural aging".

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm sure our laws are the same. But, unfortunately this new doctor is very anti self injections. I am actually very surprised he gave me the axiron. Which is surprising since my t levels were around 150 so it wasn't like I was even at 400. My previous doctor (before he left) told me "do your research online, see what you find and if it sounds good we can sit down and talk and see if it would be good for you". So I think my previous doc would've been so much better for this... My new doctor is a nice guy, but I do not think he believes in trt, and he has said a few times that the laws in regards to trt will be changing in the next few years and he probably won't be able to prescribe to anyone anymore, he said and this is a direct quote "low and lowering testosterone levels are a part of natural aging".
I hate that for you man. He is like most other Dr's that have been talked about on here countless times. You would almost be better off finding a "pill happy" Dr that throws out scripts for pain pills than sticking with the guy you have now. Remember it's nothing personal when switching Dr's. My urologist was a nice guy and young too. He just wasn't up on TRT so I left and found someone else. My recommendation would be to start looking now for another Dr. It's about you and your health. 150 is super low man!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. Leave this moronic doctor and find another. Call your local pharmacy and ask which doctors prescribe injectable testosterone and use that doctor.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
I hate messing with AI if I don't have to. My HRT is 60mg e3.5days and haven't had labs done but I feel great, happy, horny, hungry and have no issues. I think guys get hung up on numbers and not what really matters- how you feel and function. You look into HCG or backfill with DHEA and PREG? Or if you just looking to blast for a few weeks then what about stacking with a different type of non aromatizing stuff.

emantest

emantest

Awards
I'm sure our laws are the same. But, unfortunately this new doctor is very anti self injections. I am actually very surprised he gave me the axiron. Which is surprising since my t levels were around 150 so it wasn't like I was even at 400. My previous doctor (before he left) told me "do your research online, see what you find and if it sounds good we can sit down and talk and see if it would be good for you". So I think my previous doc would've been so much better for this... My new doctor is a nice guy, but I do not think he believes in trt, and he has said a few times that the laws in regards to trt will be changing in the next few years and he probably won't be able to prescribe to anyone anymore, he said and this is a direct quote "low and lowering testosterone levels are a part of natural aging".
Sounds like this doc, that's hooked you up with a free sample and a prescription for axiron, is looking for a rep to supply him with a suite at the local posh hotel as well as wants frequent co pays. Time to drop this one, he could care less about your health or well being. I'm sure the axiron is not cheap.
Where are you located? Call a local compounding pharmacy and ask the pharmacist or the owner who is sending them the most hormone business, get the top three and boom it's done. I did this about three years ago after being treated like a pos by several docs. My first doc was like nope my second doc put me on gel which shut me down shrank my nads and then she wanted to see them and had another nurse come and see them as well. I asked her to go see an endo she laughed in my face. I asked her are you laughing about my tiny nuts or because I want to see an endo? She said stop taking the gel and good luck, f that I've felt f ing great since.

BrianJB

Awards
Well, went to get my axiron refill and was told that my insurance does not cover axiron and even with the eli lily discount card my Rx would still be roughly $400 a month.

My insurance company pushes hard for the injectable (and I know 99% of guys say that's the best method..for me it wasn't, I got grouchy and felt awful). Whereas with axiron I felt great!, more energy,confident... I feel like a commercial for it lol.

But now it looks like I am going on androderm (patches). Of course I had called my doctor about the axiron last Tuesday he didn't get back to me until Friday. So now I am out of testosterone and I am starting to feel bad again. Hopefully I'll have my patches by Wednesday...

Not sure why the shots didn't work for me...I tried it all. 2x 50mg test cyp a week. 1 x 200mg a week...nothing worked.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, went to get my axiron refill and was told that my insurance does not cover axiron and even with the eli lily discount card my Rx would still be roughly $400 a month. My insurance company pushes hard for the injectable (and I know 99% of guys say that's the best method..for me it wasn't, I got grouchy and felt awful). Whereas with axiron I felt great!, more energy,confident... I feel like a commercial for it lol. But now it looks like I am going on androderm (patches). Of course I had called my doctor about the axiron last Tuesday he didn't get back to me until Friday. So now I am out of testosterone and I am starting to feel bad again. Hopefully I'll have my patches by Wednesday... Not sure why the shots didn't work for me...I tried it all. 2x 50mg test cyp a week. 1 x 200mg a week...nothing worked.
How long did you inject? Also, how many weeks did you follow the 2x a week protocol?

BrianJB

Awards
How long did you inject? Also, how many weeks did you follow the 2x a week protocol?
Started injections last spring (march, I think). I did 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks, did nothing. Then in late April I did 2x 50mg test cyp a week until Aug/Sept. Did nothing other than make me eat everything in sight and gain a ton of water weight. And my mood was worse than what it was before I started test.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Started injections last spring (march, I think). I did 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks, did nothing. Then in late April I did 2x 50mg test cyp a week until Aug/Sept. Did nothing other than make me eat everything in sight and gain a ton of water weight. And my mood was worse than what it was before I started test.
Was your Dr doing labs after you started your injections? Sounds like you had an E2 issue. Could have been fixed easily with an AI. Maybe you should find another Dr that is up on the latest TRT protocols. There's so much more to it that just testosterone. When T gets low, other hormones suffer. DHEA and pregnenolone are the common ones. Also vitamin D is common to have to supplement. Just a thought man, but I think if you found another dr and tried the injections, you would be satisfied. If your current Dr was injecting you with 200mgs every two weeks then he is very outdated on his TRT knowledge.

BrianJB

Awards
Was your Dr doing labs after you started your injections? Sounds like you had an E2 issue. Could have been fixed easily with an AI. Maybe you should find another Dr that is up on the latest TRT protocols. There's so much more to it that just testosterone. When T gets low, other hormones suffer. DHEA and pregnenolone are the common ones. Also vitamin D is common to have to supplement. Just a thought man, but I think if you found another dr and tried the injections, you would be satisfied. If your current Dr was injecting you with 200mgs every two weeks then he is very outdated on his TRT knowledge.
I am going to see what happens with this whole patch thing, (ie- how it makes me feel,cost) and if its a bad situation then I'm going to switch doctors. He is a very nice guy, I just can't shake the feeling that he is humoring me with the testosterone. Its hard to explain.

BrianJB

Awards
UPDATE-

wow, I completely bottomed out last night. I've been without test since Friday. Did feel too bad Friday night through mid day Sunday. Last night I started getting hot flashes and felt extremely moody. Today I am having major issues focusing at work and I just feel out of it. I hope to get my testosterone soon...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UPDATE- wow, I completely bottomed out last night. I've been without test since Friday. Did feel too bad Friday night through mid day Sunday. Last night I started getting hot flashes and felt extremely moody. Today I am having major issues focusing at work and I just feel out of it. I hope to get my testosterone soon...
All normal and I know you are hating life right now. Just keep telling yourself all the bad you are feeling is because of no T. I hope your Dr comes through for you soon.

BrianJB

Awards
All normal and I know you are hating life right now. Just keep telling yourself all the bad you are feeling is because of no T. I hope your Dr comes through for you soon.
This is awful. Doctor did call in a script but not in stock until tomorrow. I have enough test cyp left to give myself around 30mgs. Going to do that this afternoon and hope for the best.

This is an awful feeling. Anxiety is back, hot flashes, feeling very tired. This sucks.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE-

wow, I completely bottomed out last night. I've been without test since Friday. Did feel too bad Friday night through mid day Sunday. Last night I started getting hot flashes and felt extremely moody. Today I am having major issues focusing at work and I just feel out of it. I hope to get my testosterone soon...
I don't understand... Friday was your last shot? Then you shouldn't be crashed yet... Or Friday was your first missed dose?

BrianJB

Awards
I don't understand... Friday was your last shot? Then you shouldn't be crashed yet... Or Friday was your first missed dose?
I haven't been on shots for a couple of months. I had been using axiron that I got for free from the doctor. That ran out on Friday (actually Thursday I was only able to get a half dose). So I have been without a full doseage of t since Thursday. Didn't feel top bad until Sunday night..yesterday was really bad.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
Oh that's not good. Yeah you're gonna need something really soon.

BrianJB

Awards
Got my androderm patches this morning. Put one on a few hours ago, already feeling better. Wondering if I can cut one of these things open and apply the leftovers...

rfarns01

Awards
Got my androderm patches this morning. Put one on a few hours ago, already feeling better. Wondering if I can cut one of these things open and apply the leftovers...
Just follow your doctor's orders, more is not always better.