Safest Way for TRT?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

Feel free to move this topic to a different forum if I've posted in the incorrect area.

I'm looking for the safest way to do testosterone therapy, as my T-level is around 437.

1. What is the optimal total testosterone level, free testosterone level, etc.?

2. I've done my research and seen that testosterone cypionate is the safest one to do, long-term. I've heard 100ml per week is the safe level. Do you all agree?

3. How long should this testosterone supplement/replacement use last?

I've heard that 3 months is a good starting point, followed by the PoWeR program by Dr. Michael Scalia. That is:
16 days of HCG 2500 EVERY OTHER DAY
30 days of Clomid 2x/day
45 days of Nolvadex 20mg/day

4. I know my fertility will be shut off for this usage period. However, will it cause any long-term damage?

5. Anything else I should know about?

Thanks

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1) It depends on the scale. The two most common are 250-850 and 320-1150 that I have encountered. In either one, you would not be a candidate with mid 400 levels. There is no optimal, it is dependent on symptoms and age.

2) Again, it depends. There are pros and cons to creams/gels and shots. The amount...you guessed it- depends. We are all different. I personally use 120 we split e3.5d.

3) TRT is for life.

4) This needs to be discussed with your doctor and they should be running tests and offering a referral to an endo.

5) You don't sound like you are ready or need TRT based on what you have provided. Is there anything else?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks

1. I got a 430 for my testosterone test this time around. In the past, I've gotten around 350. Of course, the 350 is low and many people sound scared for me. It sounds like they don't know what they're talking about.

2. When I go to the other countries (I will be leaving for my fifth foreign country in a week), doctors are much less puritanical about prescribing testosterone and GH. Of course, I want all the physiological results and psychological feeling of well-being that testosterone gives me.

Do you have any opinions on that?

3. Supposing I do want to have children, will being on this TRT ever have negative long-term side effects?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll tell you what I tell everyone- you can't tell anything by only testing testosterone. You need a full hormone panel and a CBC with lipids to start with. There are so many factors involved and that also includes lifestyle ie. sleep, diet, activity level, weight, etc..

You never mention how old you are, that is also a primary factor.

Don't listen to people that are "scared" for you. There is nothing to be scared of and if you legitimately need to be on TRT, it will change your life.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I'm about 30 years old (just a few months under).

What factors exactly would you test for?

CBC
Hemoglobin
GH?
Testosterone Uptake?
LH and FSH?
IGF 1?

etc.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm about 30 years old (just a few months under). What factors exactly would you test for? CBC Hemoglobin GH? Testosterone Uptake? LH and FSH? IGF 1? etc.
Complete hormone panel such as test, free test, thyroid, E2, DHEA, Pregnenalone and such.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
TRT is for life. It also means you are highly unlikely to be able to have children while on it. My brother went on and within 3 months his sperm count was ZERO. Kind of made it hard for him to get his wife pregnant since she wanted children. I think you should be exploring other things first, when i was 32 i had levels of 420 when tested first thing in the morning. I had a known physical problem and did not start TRT until several years later, after trying many things, and having surgery. I finally broke down and got started, because i knew WHY I had no testosterone production, and i had over a year of blood samples showing low testosterone of 300-320.

I would do a LOT to never have to take another shot to be normal.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
TRT is for life. It also means you are highly unlikely to be able to have children while on it. My brother went on and within 3 months his sperm count was ZERO. Kind of made it hard for him to get his wife pregnant since she wanted children. I think you should be exploring other things first, when i was 32 i had levels of 420 when tested first thing in the morning. I had a known physical problem and did not start TRT until several years later, after trying many things, and having surgery. I finally broke down and got started, because i knew WHY I had no testosterone production, and i had over a year of blood samples showing low testosterone of 300-320.

I would do a LOT to never have to take another shot to be normal.
Not all the way true... if the addition of hcg is used from start fertility can be preserved and sometimes increased.