Too low estrogen

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't have bloods to back it up right now but I am 10 days off of erase (arimistane) and 6 weeks into my run I started getting horrible dry peeling skin. The peeling was exacerbated by water- washing hands, shower, sweating at gym....

I am/was also using an herbal diuretic, and EC stack. I have horrible joint issues anyways, and they have worsened. I'm off ten days now but the peeling is still worsening.... Nothing will help, lotion, etc. not even keeping it dry.. They still seem to peel on their own.

I think it could go be low estrogen/dehydration after I have read countless articles and used picture compRisons... No itching, no pain. Just peeling!

image-649743774.jpg

image-1776827198.jpg

image-1643959007.jpg

image-2638440384.jpg

image-1612187818.jpg

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thinning Epidermis: The growth and maintenance of blood capillaries in the dermis are partially under the control of the estrogens. Thus, blood flow through the dermal capillaries is reduced during menopause, and less nutrients and oxygen are available to the Stratum Germinativum or Basal Cell layers of the epidermis. This contributes to the thinning of the epidermis and a slower cell turnover rate, which is accompanied by a reduction in the barrier function of the epidermis, leading to increased trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.

http://dermalinstitute.com/us/library/12_article_How_Does_Menopause_Affect_the_Skin_.html

So I think I need to raise my estrogen?!

I Also strted using ursobolic at 9 caps a day after I stopped the erase... I do respond well to ursobolic. Could this be the reason why it's not healing after ceasing erase?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This would explain my dry skin with dosing my formeron to high in pct, interesting.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This would explain my dry skin with dosing my formeron to high in pct, interesting.
I am getting labs tomorrow to test for hormonal issues, also infections, viruses, and autoimmune. I already have ankylosing spondylitis- an autoimmune disease. My apartment which I moved into mid June we just found out has mold In the air. I'm pretty fcking pissedd and there's so many variables I've been eliminating one by one but the peeling continues.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a balance that needs to be maintained. Formeron is very powerful not only because it is formestane, but the carrier makes it all the more effective. It will absolutely shred you in high doses, but yeah, it can also dry you out a lot.

factsmachine

Banned
Awards
Glad to have found this post. I'd like to gain as much info as possible from this as I've taken erase and I'm currently running formeron.
What other symptoms do you get?
Heres mine:
Increased acne
increased wrinkles, skin shedding
increased vascularity
increased strength
joint pain/dryness
smaller look to muscles but also looking way more ripped. (i read this is because estrogen attracts water kinda like salt, and also contributes to glycogen, could be wrong)
minor depression
supressed appetite? (could be this, could be other factors)
increased nut size (more sperm and bigger balls)
occasionally reduced sex drive if i go too high on dosing
slightly more aggressive mood
lethargy with higher dosing

But yeah, drop the dose to e0d or e2d and see how much better things get. if your sex drive is low, thats a main sign your e2 is low.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never seen someone with low estrogen peeling that bad, and I've seen A LOT of people with low E. Perhaps you should see a dermatologist or get some blood work done to pinpoint a problem. Its looking pretty haggard.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I am getting labs tomorrow to test for hormonal issues, also infections, viruses, and autoimmune. I already have ankylosing spondylitis- an autoimmune disease. My apartment which I moved into mid June we just found out has mold In the air. I'm pretty fcking pissedd and there's so many variables I've been eliminating one by one but the peeling continues.
updates?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No blood done. Couldn't get an appointment and now I am in football camp 16 hours a day coaching. Peeling is still there albeit not as bad, as long as I don't touch water hah.

factsmachine

Banned
Awards
I should be getting a blood test very soon, appointment is tomorrow. I stopped taking formestane, and started peptides. Have no problems like peeling anymore, but i miss that dry look.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should be getting a blood test very soon, appointment is tomorrow. I stopped taking formestane, and started peptides. Have no problems like peeling anymore, but i miss that dry look.
How long have u been off? What's peptides?

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
I experienced similar skin dry/peeling while using AIs, however I only noticed it around my nose and it sort of migrated onto my cheeks as well. Would like to know if anyone has found a method of combating this side effect.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had E2 as low as 5 using a pharm grade AI and nothing at all aside from a poor lipid profile.

Unless there is something inherent in the active or in active in the erase compound it is not a result of low E2 IMHO

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
I've been on forskolin 95 for 7 weeks. I've noticed lately I'm getting more irritable with people at work and get more "tense" in situations I ordinarily would not. Is my estrogen starting to rise a bit? It is my understanding that elevated E can cause these moody disruptions. I've been taking 25 mg day arimistane for the last 4 days. Btw I'm having great results with the forskolin

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been on forskolin 95 for 7 weeks. I've noticed lately I'm getting more irritable with people at work and get more "tense" in situations I ordinarily would not. Is my estrogen starting to rise a bit? It is my understanding that elevated E can cause these moody disruptions. I've been taking 25 mg day arimistane for the last 4 days. Btw I'm having great results with the forskolin
Forskolin won't raise estro

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Low and high E2 symptoms are ALMOST identical. Some tend to experience clicking joints and dry skin when low. With what you're taking you're probably low.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a myth being perpetrated that low E2 produces "dry joints" and therefore pain. Here is a study that may be interesting to many.

Steroidal and non-steroidal third-generation aromatase inhibitors induce pain-like symptoms via TRPA1.
Fusi C1, Materazzi S1, Benemei S1, Coppi E1, Trevisan G2, Marone IM1, Minocci D1, De Logu F1, Tuccinardi T3, Di Tommaso MR4, Susini T4, Moneti G5, Pieraccini G5, Geppetti P1, Nassini R1.
Author information
Abstract
Use of aromatase inhibitors (AIs), exemestane, letrozole and anastrozole, for breast cancer therapy is associated with severe pain symptoms, the underlying mechanism of which is unknown. The electrophilic nature of AIs suggests that they may target the transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) channel, a major pathway in pain transmission and neurogenic inflammation. AIs evoke TRPA1-mediated calcium response and current in rodent nociceptors and human cells expressing the recombinant channel. In mice, AIs produce acute nociception, which is exaggerated by pre-exposure to proalgesic stimuli, and, by releasing sensory neuropeptides, neurogenic inflammation in peripheral tissues. AIs also evoke mechanical allodynia and decreased grip strength, which do not undergo desensitization on prolonged AI administration. These effects are markedly attenuated by TRPA1 pharmacological blockade or in TRPA1-deficient mice. TRPA1 is a major mediator of the proalgesic actions of AIs, thus suggesting TRPA1 antagonists for the treatment of pain symptoms associated with AI use.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I get pain and decreased grip strength about 6 hours after test cyp injection. Not on any AI's

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is a myth being perpetrated that low E2 produces "dry joints" and therefore pain. Here is a study that may be interesting to many. Steroidal and non-steroidal third-generation aromatase inhibitors induce pain-like symptoms via TRPA1. Fusi C1, Materazzi S1, Benemei S1, Coppi E1, Trevisan G2, Marone IM1, Minocci D1, De Logu F1, Tuccinardi T3, Di Tommaso MR4, Susini T4, Moneti G5, Pieraccini G5, Geppetti P1, Nassini R1. Author information Abstract Use of aromatase inhibitors (AIs), exemestane, letrozole and anastrozole, for breast cancer therapy is associated with severe pain symptoms, the underlying mechanism of which is unknown. The electrophilic nature of AIs suggests that they may target the transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) channel, a major pathway in pain transmission and neurogenic inflammation. AIs evoke TRPA1-mediated calcium response and current in rodent nociceptors and human cells expressing the recombinant channel. In mice, AIs produce acute nociception, which is exaggerated by pre-exposure to proalgesic stimuli, and, by releasing sensory neuropeptides, neurogenic inflammation in peripheral tissues. AIs also evoke mechanical allodynia and decreased grip strength, which do not undergo desensitization on prolonged AI administration. These effects are markedly attenuated by TRPA1 pharmacological blockade or in TRPA1-deficient mice. TRPA1 is a major mediator of the proalgesic actions of AIs, thus suggesting TRPA1 antagonists for the treatment of pain symptoms associated with AI use.
I wasn't stating that it was a factual side effect. I have however seen posts that people say they have clicking or sore joints with low E2 no matter what the true cause.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think people mistake low e2 for low cortisol in some cases. I have yet to ever see a lab proving Arimistane has any effect on estrogen, but it does affect cortisol and a lot of the reports of people thinking they have low e2 are actually symptoms more in line with cortisol.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think people mistake low e2 for low cortisol in some cases. I have yet to ever see a lab proving Arimistane has any effect on estrogen, but it does affect cortisol and a lot of the reports of people thinking they have low e2 are actually symptoms more in line with cortisol.
Wondering if I should drop down to 2 caps. I was leaning out and drying up very nicely for the first week of 75mg.. But slowly opposite is happening now..

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
I have had E2 as low as 5 using a pharm grade AI and nothing at all aside from a poor lipid profile.

Unless there is something inherent in the active or in active in the erase compound it is not a result of low E2 IMHO
Me too, there has to be something more to it, my E2 has been in an undetectable range before, even for weeks and months when I was on a cut, only sides I got were elevated cholesterol and joint clicking, I wonder why some men with low estradiol get side-effects and others don't.

Science has still yet to understand this, and continues pondering...but my guess is genetics play a role, and maybe something to do with nitric oxide......if the capillaries are so called thinning, and nitric oxide is responsible for maintaining dilation - then maybe some fellas are LESS susceptible to the decreases in N.O or already have very high nitric oxide levels so much that when estrogen goes down it more or less brings a balance or doesn't matter much because you are bringing it from very high to moderately high or mid range.