New TRT patient. Looking for advice and price info.

tr101

tr101

Awards
Hi everyone, I'm 31 yr old male diagnosed with secondary. I have been seeing a great doctor that has been prescribing test cyp at 80mg every 3.5 days with .5 Alex eod and hcg 500iu 2x week. (Preserving fertility is very important as I will be getting married next year) The therapy is going good not great. Libedo fluctuates. I have seen a great improvement in the gym but weight loss has still been a struggle despite paleo diet and cardio 2x week. I'm currently about 25% body fat. (Getting stronger everyday but basically I'm still getting dialed in)
1.). I would love to hear any suggestions on a good tracking process for how to get dialed in and track what works. Anyone have a good technique?

2.) Pricing: from everything I researched I'm paying way too much. I'm a grad student and it challenging enough to try to pay loans never mind the cost associated with treatment. (I do get some reimbursement from insurance for blood work and office visits out of network).

Test cyp 10ml = $187
Adex =$0. (Nice)
Hcg = $300!!!

That's $487 a month ! No labs no doc appt included (which are very steep. $400++)

The doctor said I could absolutely find my own pharmacy and my research shows I can make this lifestyle sustainable which means everything to me. I'm starting to get my life back but it is really hard financially. (Tough when you are trying to start a family and get a house).

I haven't found a thread on cost related to trt management. (I did read all stickies).

Does anyone have advice on how to control costs? (I'm really surprised there isn't more on this)

Due to the nature of this question please respect the forum rules and do not post where to buy anything. I'm looking for general info but if you have specific suggestions please pm me.

This site has been extremely valuable. Very thankful to be a participant.

All feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I assume your $487 per month was not accurate as you are not doing 10ML of Test C per month (assuming your Test C is 200mg/ml) and I assume your HCG is 11,000IU? I know that is a lot of assumptions :) If that is accurate then you are less than $45 a week for your Test/HCG/Adex which again is on the hi side but not horribly out of line IMO.

tr101

tr101

Awards
Fire, thanks for the response.

You are correct, the test carries over however I was told the effectiveness of the hcg diminishes after 30 days meaning 300 a month just in hcg alone?

It is a name brand ANC I do keep in fridge.

Any suggestions?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Months ago I felt strongly that I was suffering the consequential effects of low test. I tested in the 300's ng/dl for the past couple of years. My reg doc said "such is life" and wouldn't treat with TRT. I decided to go to a men's health clinic. They tested and found test was 220! Their starter kit included test C, inj B12, DHEA and D3. I bought the kit and paid, stupidly, $950! This didn't include the HCG! SMH!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Months ago I felt strongly that I was suffering the consequential effects of low test. I tested in the 300's ng/dl for the past couple of years. My reg doc said "such is life" and wouldn't treat with TRT. I decided to go to a men's health clinic. They tested and found test was 220! Their starter kit included test C, inj B12, DHEA and D3. I bought the kit and paid, stupidly, $950! This didn't include the HCG! SMH!
Most people don't run HCG unless you plan on having kids. If you research it you'll find it can cause a lot of problems with dialing in your protocol.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
skip the HCG

j2048b

Awards
I like the hcg for the mood stabilizing it gives me, some report this, and im one of the ones whom it does help, some it makes no difference but speaking on my protocol it helps tremendously! And yeah for kids, hell i added in about 50 mlg of clomid daily while on trt along w my hcg and got the wife prego...

Last edited:
cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
For someone who still may like to have children, as the OP alluded to, I do not think I would be so quick to write off HCG.
no reason to continually supplement it. You can start it when it comes that time

tr101

tr101

Awards
Ultimately I would like to not get shut down totally ever. I also have been reading that if you decide to come off trt the pct is somewhat easier as you weren't totally shut down?

Any thoughts on where to find the most affordable hcg? Pm if specific.

Should I attempt to get dialed in without hcg and add later? Is there any risk to going without and adding later if I don't plan to try for kids in the next year?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ultimately I would like to not get shut down totally ever. I also have been reading that if you decide to come off trt the pct is somewhat easier as you weren't totally shut down? Any thoughts on where to find the most affordable hcg? Pm if specific. Should I attempt to get dialed in without hcg and add later? Is there any risk to going without and adding later if I don't plan to try for kids in the next year?
There's no coming off TRT. This is a life long journey. Yes HCG helps stimulate natural production of test but is not going stimulate it to a level that will stay consistent and allow you to come off a TRT protocol totally. This stuff is for life. Typically if you aren't wanting to have children, you do better without HCG. HCG wrecks havoc on E2 levels for most people among other issues. If kids are in the future then you may want to get on it or at least get with a Urologist and have your sperm levels checked if not using HCG. Some do good adding HCG bit most do good without it.

tr101

tr101

Awards
Sam. Thank you. I do understand that trt is for life thus why I have decided to supplement in the first place. I have no intention on ever living another unnecessary day with the symptoms of secondary. (According to my Dr., my secondary was most likely due to a long run on a prescription acne medication and depression medication in my teens as well as blunt trauma to my left testicle accrued in high school sports ). I live a normal/healthy lifestyle and still I tested at 390 at 31yrs. I won't get specific but in my late teens and all of 20's I have experienced all the issues personally, socially, and sexually that plague all individuals with low t/ secondary. Obviously this was during a time where having a normal hormonal level would have drastically changed my life experience so far. My expectation is this problem will grow exponentially in the future based on the the early diagnoses and treatment of western conditions with medications that have detrimental effects to overall health including the endocrine systems.

My inquiry into hcg, in addition to trt was (as in op) completely related to the fact I plan to build a family in the next few years. I know the risks/guarantee of sterility without hcg and I have decide I would like to reduce this risk as much as possible. The pct aspect was simply, in my mind, the thought that I may have to adjust my protocol including eliminating T supplementation for a brief period while trying to conceive. (Utilizing clomid, hcg..etc)

I apologize for the the lack of clarity as I'm new to this process. (I did read stickies and ncbi articles pertaining to this content.)

I guess the true questions are:

1. If hcg is eliminated from protocol and then added back before trying to have a child, is there less likelihood to conceive than if It is kept with protocol the whole time?

2. If the consensus is that keeping hcg in protocol for younger men that hope to father children is the best practice, what is the most realistic way to make this affordable while getting quality product? (And where to source it with a prescription)

As I opened in this post I think the big issue here is more and more younger men are rightfully being diagnosed with low t and supplementing when obviously it was more commonly practiced on men later in life. With this consideration, the forum is ideal for creating conversation and awareness on both:

What is the best practice to preserve fertility with T supplementation?

And

What is the most affordable way to have a quality trt protocol while remaining fertile?

Thanks for all the feedback and consideration.

Again all insight is truly appreciated.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sam. Thank you. I do understand that trt is for life thus why I have decided to supplement in the first place. I have no intention on ever living another unnecessary day with the symptoms of secondary. (According to my Dr., my secondary was most likely due to a long run on a prescription acne medication and depression medication in my teens as well as blunt trauma to my left testicle accrued in high school sports ). I live a normal/healthy lifestyle and still I tested at 390 at 31yrs. I won't get specific but in my late teens and all of 20's I have experienced all the issues personally, socially, and sexually that plague all individuals with low t/ secondary. Obviously this was during a time where having a normal hormonal level would have drastically changed my life experience so far. My expectation is this problem will grow exponentially in the future based on the the early diagnoses and treatment of western conditions with medications that have detrimental effects to overall health including the endocrine systems. My inquiry into hcg, in addition to trt was (as in op) completely related to the fact I plan to build a family in the next few years. I know the risks/guarantee of sterility without hcg and I have decide I would like to reduce this risk as much as possible. The pct aspect was simply, in my mind, the thought that I may have to adjust my protocol including eliminating T supplementation for a brief period while trying to conceive. (Utilizing clomid, hcg..etc) I apologize for the the lack of clarity as I'm new to this process. (I did read stickies and ncbi articles pertaining to this content.) I guess the true questions are: 1. If hcg is eliminated from protocol and then added back before trying to have a child, is there less likelihood to conceive than if It is kept with protocol the whole time? 2. If the consensus is that keeping hcg in protocol for younger men that hope to father children is the best practice, what is the most realistic way to make this affordable while getting quality product? (And where to source it with a prescription) As I opened in this post I think the big issue here is more and more younger men are rightfully being diagnosed with low t and supplementing when obviously it was more commonly practiced on men later in life. With this consideration, the forum is ideal for creating conversation and awareness on both: What is the best practice to preserve fertility with T supplementation? And What is the most affordable way to have a quality trt protocol while remaining fertile? Thanks for all the feedback and consideration. Again all insight is truly appreciated.
First of all, great post! Since having children is in your future HCG is a must from what I've researched. What type of Dr is prescribing your TRT meds (endo, uro, etc)? If it's not a urologist, why don't you talk to your current Dr and ask him a urologist that would work with your current Dr on monitoring your fertility? My fear would be going to a uro and him trying to change my TRT protocol in a bad way. I had that happen to me. Needless to say I don't go to him anymore. I would assume the uro would test your sperm levels as a baseline and test you later, as you approach a possible conception time. That way if you are starting to shut down, you can stimulate your natural production now instead of later. I hope that helps man. As far as where to get HCG at a cheap price, I don't know other than the site that was sent previously. I think you posted earlier that your insurance doesn't cover it? Also check the compounding pharmacies in your area. Sometimes those guys have good deals on meds.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
no reason to continually supplement it. You can start it when it comes that time
This may be true for some, but not for others. Not everyone's body can be easily "restarted" after being shut down for an long period of time (such as long term HRT).