Need help ASAP about blood work!

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
My red blood count was high and my blood is thick. My T level at the end of the two weeks was 214 and the doctor lowered my T shot because of my red blood count was high.
Im thinking about going tomorrow to donate blood but didn't know if I should donate whole blood or do the double red donation?? Any info/feedback today Friday May 23rd would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My red blood count was high and my blood is thick. My T level at the end of the two weeks was 214 and the doctor lowered my T shot because of my red blood count was high. Im thinking about going tomorrow to donate blood but didn't know if I should donate whole blood or do the double red donation?? Any info/feedback today Friday May 23rd would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
You can give whole blood. It will help lower your red blood count....BUT most importantly, you said your T results was 214 after two weeks. What is the reference range? Also I assume you are injecting once every two weeks? That is an awful protocol. The half-life of T is 6 days tops. Injecting once every two weeks causes lots of problems and makes it hard to dial in your protocol. You need to inject once a week at the least. Preferably twice a week. How much are you injecting?

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
It was 2cc of the 200 = 400 at the end of two weeks my T was 214 (low) I should be between 350-1000. Now because of the red it's 1&1/2cc of the 100=150 I'm 41 yrs old with at low LH& FSH Problem that's why I'm on Test C

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was 2cc of the 200 = 400 at the end of two weeks my T was 214 (low) I should be between 350-1000. Now because of the red it's 1&1/2cc of the 100=150 I'm 41 yrs old with at low LH& FSH Problem that's why I'm on Test C
So you are down to 150 every two weeks? Is that 150 mgs? If so, some people inject that in a week. Usually around 100 mgs is the starting point per week. You could split that and inject 50 mgs every 3.5 days. Keeping a constant flow of T in your body not only helps with T level and E2, but it will help with red blood as well. I'm 41 also. Been on T cyp since January. Started with the gel last October and hated it. Ask your dr if he would go for injecting 100 mgs a week. It would be a lot better than what you are doing and that's a promise! Also just a reminder don't refer to amounts in cc's. It makes it hard for everyone to convert the amount to mgs! I hate math anyway

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Thanks for the info! I'm considering donating blood to lower my red's just didn't know if whole blood or doing the double reds donation would be the most beneficial for me to be able to get my T shots back up to 400mgs every two weeks which I could split that to 200mgs once a week & lower my red count..

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the info! I'm considering donating blood to lower my red's just didn't know if whole blood or doing the double reds donation would be the most beneficial for me to be able to get my T shots back up to 400mgs every two weeks which I could split that to 200mgs once a week & lower my red count..
200mgs a week is a lot of T. It's hard to believe but more Is better doesn't go with T. Seriously you may want to start with 100 Mgs a week. It's easier to increase than it is to cut back because T effects so many other things in the body. My T levels were not far from yours when I first got tested. I'm slightly over 100 mgs a week and my T runs high now. I may actually cut back a little.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Before I started the shot my T level was 49! Yep that was it. I went on An- gel for a few months and It didn't raise it up much at all. From there started shots. My endo said he had it at a good level but my red blood count was high. We went three more months and my red blood didn't go down so he's lowering my shot

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Before I started the shot my T level was 49! Yep that was it. I went on An- gel for a few months and It didn't raise it up much at all. From there started shots. My endo said he had it at a good level but my red blood count was high. We went three more months and my red blood didn't go down so he's lowering my shot
Injecting 400 mgs every two weeks will definitely elevate your red blood cells. If you cut back some and do weekly injections your red blood count should drop and your T will stay at a consistent level. When you inject once every two weeks your t levels will drop after 6 days because of the half life of T. During the next 8 days your T level will bottom out significantly, meaning if you injected more frequently your T level will stay elevated. Your endo is follow a very old protocol that causes problems. If you started out with 100 mgs split in two weekly doses I promise your T level will go up and STAY up. You want to stick with the lowest dose you can to keep your T levels where they need to be in more frequent doses.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Oldschoolbean, I too have an issue with blood thickness due to my t shots. I go every 56 days and do whole blood donations. The double red donations will lower your levels quicker if that is your goal. Also like everyone else said go to weekly shots too. Good luck bro.....

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
As of May 1st you cannot donate blood if you are on any kind of testosterone injections........ Signed six-month deferred

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As of May 1st you cannot donate blood if you are on any kind of testosterone injections........ Signed six-month deferred
Where did you see that? I just donated May 21 and didn't see anything about that.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
Just don't tell them......but it has never been asked down here

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just don't tell them......but it has never been asked down here
Like I had posted earlier, I donates blood this past Wednesday and there was nothing in the material the Red Cross requires you to review or in the questions that you have to answer on the computer before you donate. I wonder if the Red Cross told him that or did someone else tell him that. I shouldn't matter where you are in the country the Red Cross follows the same protocol.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Because of it , I was told im on a six months deferred... Does That mean if I go somewhere else They will see that?? Does a temporary deferred mean you go into some kind of database?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Because of it , I was told im on a six months deferred... Does That mean if I go somewhere else They will see that?? Does a temporary deferred mean you go into some kind of database?
Just to clarify, who told you that you could not give? Someone at the red cross? How did it come up?

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
It was at a blood bank. Because of the T shot iv been deferred for 6 months from last shot. They said it just changed on May 1st

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was at a blood bank. Because of the T shot iv been deferred for 6 months from last shot. They said it just changed on May 1st
Makes no sense in deferring you for 6 months. It's not like you're gonna stop taking T.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
I visit my primary care doctor who has known me for 14 years now. I asked him to looked over all my records to see if there's any reason why I am unable to donate blood.. He said there is no reason why I cannot donate! He wrote me a note and told me to make copies just in case there's ever a problem in the future. He said I have a clean bill of health and should be allowed to donate blood!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I visit my primary care doctor who has known me for 14 years now. I asked him to looked over all my records to see if there's any reason why I am unable to donate blood.. He said there is no reason why I cannot donate! He wrote me a note and told me to make copies just in case there's ever a problem in the future. He said I have a clean bill of health and should be allowed to donate blood!
That's good. But like what was posted before I would not tell them anything about taking T injections. Where ever you give, Red Cross, blood bank, etc....pre qualifying questions should be asked. If TRT doesn't fall within those questions, and at the Red Cross they do not, then don't tell them. That way you won't have an issue.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
I did Donate blood ! No questions were asked like at the other place! All good ! Now I'm just wondering how far in the near future should I wait before having my T level retested ??

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did Donate blood ! No questions were asked like at the other place! All good ! Now I'm just wondering how far in the near future should I wait before having my T level retested ??

How long has it been since you last did labs? If you are on a protocol that you are going to truly give a try, then I would wait 6-8 weeks, unless someone on here can recommend why it should be done sooner. But stay on a consistent testosterone protocol until then. That way you will know if you need to adjust. TRT is not an overnight success. It's trial and error my friend.

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
I had a testosterone check three weeks ago and it was 214! (low) But because my red blood count was high he still lowered my dosage. My RBC shouldn't be an issue now but I don't want to still be on a lower dose of T

214 at the end of 2week sucks ! Then the doctor cut my dose in half . So I can only imagine what it will be at the end of two weeks now...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a testosterone check three weeks ago and it was 214! (low) But because my red blood count was high he still lowered my dosage. My RBC shouldn't be an issue now but I don't want to still be on a lower dose of T 214 at the end of 2week sucks ! Then the doctor cut my dose in half . So I can only imagine what it will be at the end of two weeks now...
Do you do self administered shots or do you go to the dr's office to get it?

Yes 214 sucks but whats sucks worse is injecting once every two weeks. Make an appt with your dr ASAP and Demand your dr allow you to inject 100 mgs once a week. This is going to help out with a lot of things including total T level and RBC. You would even be better off injecting 50 mgs twice a week for a total of 100 mgs for the week. This would give you a more even level of T in your system and you would feel so much better dude I guarantee it! The most important thing is getting off the one injection every two weeks protocol. That is your main problem right now and your going to have to put your foot down with your dr about it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a testosterone check three weeks ago and it was 214! (low) But because my red blood count was high he still lowered my dosage. My RBC shouldn't be an issue now but I don't want to still be on a lower dose of T

214 at the end of 2week sucks ! Then the doctor cut my dose in half . So I can only imagine what it will be at the end of two weeks now...
Your doctor is ruining you. You never, ever should be on a 2 week protocol. Any doctor that still follow that has not kept up on hormone replacement for the last 3-4 years and is doing you more harm than good.

That being said, high levels of test increase RBC and that can be mitigated by lowering the dose and injecting more frequently. You want to get on a MINIMUM ew protocol, with 2x week being better.