So...whats up with this testosterone cypionate?

BrianJB

Awards
Guys, please bear with me on this. I just want everyone to know my complete status so I can get the best advice.

I am 31 year old married man. I used to be an athlete in highschool (track, basketball), I am not the biggest guy (5'8 150lbs). Over the last few years I started feeling lethargic, no drive, not very interested in sex and didn't really want to play sports anymore. My doctor at the time wanted me to get on anti-depressants. But I knew I wasn't depressed, I didn't feel down or anything...just felt drained. So I dealt with it for the last few years, then I was relocated due to my job. I got a new doctor (mens health) and went in for a checkup and mentioned my symptoms, he said it sounded like low T. After having bloodwork about a week later he called me and said my t level was 200, and suggested that I come in to get more tests and discuss a treatment plan.

I went back in and he did more blood work and checked different glands and said everything was fine just that I am not producing enough t, he also mentioned my 2nd t test came back at 140. So he asked if I wanted to treat it, I told him yes. He offered either gel or shots, I said shots. He then gave me a shot of 250mg of testosterone cypionate, and wrote me a script of 10ml's 1x250mg every 2 weeks.

Now heres my question, I got the shot 10 days ago and don't really feel much different. Maybe a little more sex drive and a bit of energy (but I don't know if that's placebo or not?). Is there an amount of time it takes to really feel a difference?...I go for another shot this Friday.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys, please bear with me on this. I just want everyone to know my complete status so I can get the best advice. I am 31 year old married man. I used to be an athlete in highschool (track, basketball), I am not the biggest guy (5'8 150lbs). Over the last few years I started feeling lethargic, no drive, not very interested in sex and didn't really want to play sports anymore. My doctor at the time wanted me to get on anti-depressants. But I knew I wasn't depressed, I didn't feel down or anything...just felt drained. So I dealt with it for the last few years, then I was relocated due to my job. I got a new doctor (mens health) and went in for a checkup and mentioned my symptoms, he said it sounded like low T. After having bloodwork about a week later he called me and said my t level was 200, and suggested that I come in to get more tests and discuss a treatment plan. I went back in and he did more blood work and checked different glands and said everything was fine just that I am not producing enough t, he also mentioned my 2nd t test came back at 140. So he asked if I wanted to treat it, I told him yes. He offered either gel or shots, I said shots. He then gave me a shot of 250mg of testosterone cypionate, and wrote me a script of 10ml's 1x250mg every 2 weeks. Now heres my question, I got the shot 10 days ago and don't really feel much different. Maybe a little more sex drive and a bit of energy (but I don't know if that's placebo or not?). Is there an amount of time it takes to really feel a difference?...I go for another shot this Friday. Any advice would be much appreciated.
First of all the protocol he has you on is outdated and will make you feel worse than you did before your first test shot. You need to talk with him and tell him you want to do weekly or every 3.5 day injections. Your weekly dose should start at 100 mgs total. That's gonna help keep your levels more stable.

tuRkx

Awards
Split the 250mg into 125 each week.You are gonna crash into the second week.Test c has a half life of six to seven days.You can do 100 every six days that's even better. Start with 100 and see how you feel.It should take about a month to fully take effect,you need more frequent shots.

BrianJB

Awards
Thanks for the advice guys. So hearing what you guys are saying, most likely the "effects" I felt the first couple of days after the shot were most likely placebo?

I'm going to ask the doctor about not getting more testosterone, but more frequent doses. I'd like to get some gel to use on days I'm not getting a shot, has anyone ever done that before?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the advice guys. So hearing what you guys are saying, most likely the "effects" I felt the first couple of days after the shot were most likely placebo? I'm going to ask the doctor about not getting more testosterone, but more frequent doses. I'd like to get some gel to use on days I'm not getting a shot, has anyone ever done that before?
I would not use gel on days between shots. You need to pin twice a week for a couple of months then do blood work and adjust from there. More is better is not the way to go with TRT.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off, if you truly think this is the correct path, then you need to get your protocol correct in the beginning or you'll go down a path of troubleshooting once things go south and they will definitely go south on that protocol.

So- you are only 31. Have you outlined your lifestyle and determined that everything is optimal as can be? Rest, activity levels, stress factors recognized, diet, and most of alcohol consumption? Once you get a good baseline there, then you can get a better idea if this is related.

What tests were done? You said additional labs, but what were they? You want free test, total, t3, t4, free t4, FSH, LH, DHEA, pregnenolone, and CBC, with optional estrogen.

If you do go this route, as mentioned, at the VERY minimum, get onto 1 shot weekly and start lower. Many of us are on a 100-125mg weekly inject schedule with most of us on 2x weekly split. I do 60mg every 3.5 days. That keeps levels on a more constant ride and avoids the up and down roller coaster which will make things worse. Plus, you can usually avoid an AI. Please do not start a 250mg e2w schedule as this will cause your test and estrogen to spike high and then drop. By the time you go in for your next shot, you'll be at or lower than when you went in.

Don't combine gel/cream with injections. Pick one or there will be a variable if you need to adjust anything.

It typically takes 4-6 weeks to start noticing affects, so anything before that is usually mental, but that is not to say you may not get something from it. Also, if preg and DHEA levels are in range, but mid or lower, consider taking a supplement because it changes everything for the better to be on the high normal side.

Hope that helps. I am not a doctor, just a fellow TRT patient that has been at this for years and know a lot of others that are as well, so we have helped each other get to where we should be.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
I would throw something in but these guys covered it. Take heed for they who have gone b4 us know the way. Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yeah, it was only a little over 3 years ago and it feels like a lifetime with how much knowledge has progressed since then. It is unfortunate that some doctors have not caught up with the times and are doing a disservice to their patients.

BrianJB

Awards
Wow, thank you guy so much. Yes, my doctor did all of those tests. He isn't an endo, but he specializes in men's health and works with endos. So he is pretty good with knowing what to test for.

The one thing he said is that me having arthritis and being on long term pain meds most likely is what lowered if not stopped my testosterone production.

Let me ask you all this... is trt for life?, or can you just do this to get your levels up and stop?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is for life. You go on it because you cannot produce enough testosterone on your own, so you replace it.

BrianJB

Awards
Thank you guys so much for the information. Sounds like I have a long road ahead.

So it is normal that I am not really feeling any different after only 1 shot of testosterone c?

Edit-

About my diet and routine. I do not drink pop or eat much fast food. Normally I have lots of grilled chicken and brown rice. Fruits in the morning..yada yada. I do about 20mins on the treadmill and 20-40 pull ups a day.

I also take a "green multivitamin". Like I said other than my arthritis I'm a pretty healthy guy.

BrianJB

Awards
Update-

Got my 2nd shot of testosterone today. Unfortunately it was just the nurse as the doctor wasn't there. I did ask about changing my dose so the doctor should get back with me.

But something funny, I brought in the box my vial was in and the nurse said "hmmm... that's odd" I asked her what and she said "we gave you a 5 month supply and the pharmacy only gave you 2mls with 1 refill, that's only a month and a half...they messed up your script" then she asked if she could keep the box to follow up with the pharmacy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but you might need to treat E2 (estrogen) from taking the test shots. If your E2 is too high, it will negate a lot of the effects you should be feeling from test. Same as if it were too low. You're now going to need to balance out all your hormones. You will also want to be sure that your dose of test is converting to enough DHT.

As people said though, if you can do weekly shots, or two shots a week, to equal around 125mg of test per week, this will be MUCH better and far more stable.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I will mention for those who dont have any issue absorbing the gel it may not be a bad option if convenience is not an issue.

In your case, if you can do a daily gel application it is much better than a show every 14 days.

BrianJB

Awards
Well I go back this Friday for my 3rd dose (brining my wife with me this time so the nurse can show her how to inject)

I have to get more blood work done within the next few weeks too (had low vitamin d and nearing the end of my cycle of that).

I really do not feel much difference after these first 2 shots, I wanna say maybe a bit calmer and more focused, and sex may feel a bit better. But that could be placebo. I'm not expecting to feel like a completely new man, but I thought I'd at least notice a difference.

But the way some of these guys talk about it I thought I'd feel strong like Mike Tyson in the 80s with the sex drive of wilt chamberlain.

j2048b

Awards
It took me at least 6-8 weeks to even feel like i was dialed in, give it time, its not magic and it will take time to notice effects, for me it was like a light bulb went on and i felt amazing once i got dialed in w hcg, and anastrozole, and the test of course!

BrianJB

Awards
Thank you for the honest response. I was wondering if maybe it was something with me. I talked with someone today who has a medical background about how I was feeling they told me

"it is possible you felt something after your first shot since you were so low on t, but after that it will take a while to really notice a difference, it's not like an antibiotic or a pain pill. Whenever it's hormones it takes time, and after that you have lots of tweaking to get everything exactly dialed in."

So with what you and they said it seems like I need to wait a bit longer.

j2048b

Awards
Thank you for the honest response. I was wondering if maybe it was something with me. I talked with someone today who has a medical background about how I was feeling they told me

"it is possible you felt something after your first shot since you were so low on t, but after that it will take a while to really notice a difference, it's not like an antibiotic or a pain pill. Whenever it's hormones it takes time, and after that you have lots of tweaking to get everything exactly dialed in."

No prob man! It is a waiting game! Patience is not something most of us guys have haha! Believe me, i called my clinic and the pharmacy both when i felt nothing after about 4 weeks haha, i was told to wait it out at most 12 weeks because my body had to get acclimated, if after 12 weeks if i did not feel more energetic, less fuzzy brained and stuff like that then i needed to get more in depth bw and mri's on my adrenals, and thyroid as well as testis to find out if i had any lumps or anything on those areas.... Yeah man once ur dialed in ull know it!

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
BrianJB,

TRT is for life and first you need to get tuned up and stay tuned up. By tuned up I mean get your TT levels up high enough to feel better. And keep your Estradiol E2 levels down or your not going to feel better on TRT. And high E2 will kill your sex life.

Read the sticky above and learn about low T so when you see your Dr. you will know what he is talking about of if he knows what he is taking about.

Don't see Endo's they are not good Dr.'s for TRT other Dr.'s not up on this think they are good but they are the worest.

You need to get your TT levels up high enough to repair the damage done from having low T. Some men do well above 700 others need to be in the upper 1/3 of there labs range.

After you get tuned up it takes time for the testosterone to help the body undo the damage from having low T.

So keep a log on how your doing so you can read it back. You will start to feel better a little everyday it's a slow process.

The newer way of doing shots is to do them SubQ shooting into the belly fat with a small neeled. Doing this helps to keep you more level and helps to keep E2 down.

Both Dr. Shippen and Dr. John at allthingsmale.com are now telling there men to do this and they do there shots E2D to E3D.

Also adding HCG helps to keep your libido up and keeps your testis working the best they can.

I think if your lucky you will find your pain will be a lot less over time.

If you can buy this book that came out last yr. it's full of great info.
Testosterone: A Man's Guide

I have been on TRT over 33 yrs. I do 80 mgs. of Test C shots subQ E3D and I do 250 IU's of HCG the day before my Test C shot E3D. And I take Aromasin to keep my E2 down. The first 20 yrs. on TRT I felt better but nothing like now.

j2048b

Awards
BrianJB,

TRT is for life and first you need to get tuned up and stay tuned up. By tuned up I mean get your TT levels up high enough to feel better. And keep your Estradiol E2 levels down or your not going to feel better on TRT. And high E2 will kill your sex life.

Read the sticky above and learn about low T so when you see your Dr. you will know what he is talking about of if he knows what he is taking about.

Don't see Endo's they are not good Dr.'s for TRT other Dr.'s not up on this think they are good but they are the worest.

You need to get your TT levels up high enough to repair the damage done from having low T. Some men do well above 700 others need to be in the upper 1/3 of there labs range.

After you get tuned up it takes time for the testosterone to help the body undo the damage from having low T.

So keep a log on how your doing so you can read it back. You will start to feel better a little everyday it's a slow process.

The newer way of doing shots is to do them SubQ shooting into the belly fat with a small neeled. Doing this helps to keep you more level and helps to keep E2 down.

Both Dr. Shippen and Dr. John at allthingsmale.com are now telling there men to do this and they do there shots E2D to E3D.

Also adding HCG helps to keep your libido up and keeps your testis working the best they can.

I think if your lucky you will find your pain will be a lot less over time.

If you can buy this book that came out last yr. it's full of great info.
Testosterone: A Man's Guide

I have been on TRT over 33 yrs. I do 80 mgs. of Test C shots subQ E3D and I do 250 IU's of HCG the day before my Test C shot E3D. And I take Aromasin to keep my E2 down. The first 20 yrs. on TRT I felt better but nothing like now.
Alright pmgamer, i am confused on the last paragraph? U say

The first 20 yrs on trt i felt better?? But nothing like now??

That statement is confusing....

Also, u pin test e2d to e3d? And hcg is also e3d? Confused on how u wrote that?

How does this NOT make ur test levels sky rocket? Please explain this way of administering to me if u would?

Thanks man!

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright pmgamer, i am confused on the last paragraph? U say The first 20 yrs on trt i felt better?? But nothing like now?? That statement is confusing.... Also, u pin test e2d to e3d? And hcg is also e3d? Confused on how u wrote that? How does this NOT make ur test levels sky rocket? Please explain this way of administering to me if u would? Thanks man!
What he means by E2D is every two days or every other day. E3D is every three days. For example I pin every 3.5 days which is twice a week on Wednesday morning and Saturday afternoon. I divide my weekly does in half and pin half on Wednesday and the other half on Saturday. This does not make your levels sky rocket. It keeps them at a steady level. After you inject T it begins to process in the body. Half of it is processed in about 4-6 days which means your T levels are dropping as it is processed in the body. When you inject more often you keep them at a steady level all the time.

j2048b

Awards
What he means by E2D is every two days or every other day. E3D is every three days. For example I pin every 3.5 days which is twice a week on Wednesday morning and Saturday afternoon. I divide my weekly does in half and pin half on Wednesday and the other half on Saturday. This does not make your levels sky rocket. It keeps them at a steady level. After you inject T it begins to process in the body. Half of it is processed in about 4-6 days which means your T levels are dropping as it is processed in the body. When you inject more often you keep them at a steady level all the time.
Thanks, maybe i should have asked differently, i know what eOd, e2d, e3d, etc... Mean, ive been on trt for about 8ish years...i pin 100 mlg either every monday or mond/thur devided into 2 shots, just depends on how cramped my week is....

I just wanted him to explain a bit more how e3d or even how e2d is better for you? Especially the hcg?

Im from a different standpoint i guess, because everyone is different, their bodys adjust differently etc... TO ME what he is doing is more advanced than the general consensus of just telling one to pin 2 times per week.... A lot of guys who are just starting out are going to get overloaded w way to many ways of doing trt and it could lead to a few more issues than strictly raised e2...

Thats why i wanted clarification as most are not advanced in this and thats why i always tell people to stick to the normal, 2 pins per week, until they know how they respond....

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, maybe i should have asked differently, i know what eOd, e2d, e3d, etc... Mean, ive been on trt for about 8ish years...i pin 100 mlg either every monday or mond/thur devided into 2 shots, just depends on how cramped my week is.... I just wanted him to explain a bit more how e3d or even how e2d is better for you? Especially the hcg? Im from a different standpoint i guess, because everyone is different, their bodys adjust differently etc... TO ME what he is doing is more advanced than the general consensus of just telling one to pin 2 times per week.... A lot of guys who are just starting out are going to get overloaded w way to many ways of doing trt and it could lead to a few more issues than strictly raised e2... Thats why i wanted clarification as most are not advanced in this and thats why i always tell people to stick to the normal, 2 pins per week, until they know how they respond....
E2D or E3D is a definitive schedule. You just can't pin twice a week. You need to have an even amount of days in between injections. It's not advanced. It's very simple and a very good way to start pinning. As far as HCG I can't answer that. I'm not on HCG. E3.5D is very simple.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hi j20r8b,

I am sorry you did not understand my post there are days I don't understand them.

I am a open heart surgery survivor was in a coma 14 weeks due to a bad infection and I had a stroke when in this coma the Dr.'s put me in.

So some times I post and read it back and still miss things I am now 70 yrs. old.

I was told the first 20 yrs. on TRT I was Primary meaning my Testis don't work. So all I was on at that time was Testosterone meds. I never felt 100% on this.

Later when I found a better Dr. after seeing a ton of them. This new Dr. let me try HCG with the help from Dr. John. Dr. John is a good friend of mine from the forums he ran.

I went on 500 IU's of HCG 3x's/ weeks and retested in 8 weeks. My TT levels on 150 mgs of Test C / week from 600 to 1200 they doubled.

So this showed my new Dr. I am not Primary I am Secondary it's called Hypopituitary and it's from a head injury I had in an auto accident some 34 yrs. go.

After this my new Dr. started treating all my hormones that came back in the normal range but low. He said my old labs were screaming I am Secondary.

So I went on HC meds for low Cortisol levels and Thyroid with Growth Hormone.

What I was saying is some men do good doing Test C shots E2D and others do well E3D.

Them men are needing more then 100 mgs / week what I am doing at 80 mgs E3D is = to 200 mgs / week.

I eat up the T as fast as I take it so I need more and doing more works better for me E3D subQ.

My Testosterone levels are between 700 to 800 on this. I have a very low SHBG 15 men with this low of an SHBG need more T more often.

Alright pmgamer, i am confused on the last paragraph? U say

The first 20 yrs on trt i felt better?? But nothing like now??

That statement is confusing....

Also, u pin test e2d to e3d? And hcg is also e3d? Confused on how u wrote that?

How does this NOT make ur test levels sky rocket? Please explain this way of administering to me if u would?

Thanks man!

j2048b

Awards
^^^ AWESOME! Thanks for the clarification.... I hope u understand why i typed what i did, it took u years to figure out that e2d or e3d works best for U.... Where as most new guys can and will see dramatic i crease to their life simply doing the 2 pins per week..., most of us do not have the severity that you do, nor have we had the issues arise such as yourself..., that is why i always tell people to begin with 2 pins per week until they figure out how their bodies respond to the testosterone, most respond very well to that protocol,

I know dr c, is ever changing and thats great! He is a man who can learn and is still willing to learn better ways of doing this stuff!

Im happy u finally feel awesome!

With the hcg, when exactly do u pin it?

I just dont see myself pinning e2d or even e3d as i hate needles,

BUT has pinning this way helped not raise ur rbc, hemo, and hematicrit levels??

If so then i may give it a try...

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I have a very low SHBG 15 men with this low of an SHBG need more T more often.
I have never thought of this before. I have always understood the lower the SHBG the higher the Free T but I never considered that low SHBG meant more frequent T administration.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
j2048b,

I am a co mod at Yahoo for men with low T and I tell most men when they first start on TRT. To try gels if they can afford it. Other was starting on shots most should start at about 100 mgs / week test every 8 to 12 weeks and if levels are low go higher. But don't do big shots all at once if doing 150 mgs / week try doing them 2x's / week.

Smaller shots help to keep E2 down as for rbc and hematocrit levels it's not a help. But if you drink enough water everyday this helps keep blood thinner.

I do labs every 8 to 10 weeks and it's a lot of them so they take about a pint of blood this keeps my blood levels thinner. I am also on Iron pills need them for life so I don't have to worry about my Iron levels.

^^^ AWESOME! Thanks for the clarification.... I hope u understand why i typed what i did, it took u years to figure out that e2d or e3d works best for U.... Where as most new guys can and will see dramatic i crease to their life simply doing the 2 pins per week..., most of us do not have the severity that you do, nor have we had the issues arise such as yourself..., that is why i always tell people to begin with 2 pins per week until they figure out how their bodies respond to the testosterone, most respond very well to that protocol,

I know dr c, is ever changing and thats great! He is a man who can learn and is still willing to learn better ways of doing this stuff!

Im happy u finally feel awesome!

With the hcg, when exactly do u pin it?

I just dont see myself pinning e2d or even e3d as i hate needles,

BUT has pinning this way helped not raise ur rbc, hemo, and hematicrit levels??

If so then i may give it a try...

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hi FireRescue,

Low levels of SHBG can be from high sugar levels if not they yes smaller shot more often help. And did you know low SHBG means you need to keep your Estradiol lower most men do fine at 20 pg/ml I need to be between 10 to 15pg/ml.

I have never thought of this before. I have always understood the lower the SHBG the higher the Free T but I never considered that low SHBG meant more frequent T administration.

BrianJB

Awards
Update-

Got my 3rd shot this past Friday. It was crazy because they asked if a student could sit in while I got the shot... (the student was about 5'3 100lbs blonde hair blue eyes and tan) I said "yes"

So it was myself, my wife, student, and the female nurse all staring at my naked butt injecting me with testosterone.

Anyways... I didn't really feel different until yesterday (Sunday, 2 days after the 3rd shot). I felt a bit more energy...but the biggest thing was my appetite, wow!. I couldn't eat enough food... I had 2 bowls of cereal, pancakes, bag of pistachios, 4 ears of corn, 1 grilled chicken breast, half can of green beans, another bowl of cereal, chips with cheese...and still wanted more.

BrianJB

Awards
I was craving food, period!. Lol.

And sex was very good last night, stayed erect for a long time and could've kept going...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was craving food, period!. Lol. And sex was very good last night, stayed erect for a long time and could've kept going...
That's great! The feeling of being able to go all night can be a sign of high E2. Keep a watch on that.

BrianJB

Awards
I have some gel that can bring down my e2 level...but I have to find a happy medium with it...When I do what the bottle says I send my e2 crashing..like dry cracking skin crashing.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have some gel that can bring down my e2 level...but I have to find a happy medium with it...When I do what the bottle says I send my e2 crashing..like dry cracking skin crashing.
Yeah E2 is the hardest thing to control because it's so dependent on the individual. There's more individuals on here that have used the formerone type gels for E2 but start low and pay attention to the way your body feels. What works for one may not work for the other when it come to E2.

BrianJB

Awards
I do think part of my issue is I need to get the doctors OK to inject 125mg weekly instead of 250mg every two weeks. I think my body almost goes into a hormone shock.... I get a nice blast of t, then by the 9th or 10th day I drop.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do think part of my issue is I need to get the doctors OK to inject 125mg weekly instead of 250mg every two weeks. I think my body almost goes into a hormone shock.... I get a nice blast of t, then by the 9th or 10th day I drop.
Oh man if you are still doing that every two week protocol then yes that IS the majority of your problem. Do you self administer? If so inject weekly on your own. But remember this, 125 mgs a week is ALOT to start on. I would start with 100 mgs a week. It will bring your T levels up and keep them from crashing. When you inject 250 mgs every 2 weeks your T levels crash. That's why your labs are low.

BrianJB

Awards
Yes self administer. I want to make sure my doctor is OK with it before I start doing it weekly. I guess it wouldn't matter because I would be getting the same amount.

I know that's why a lot of people use the gel since it's a low amount but it's daily. The doctor offered the gel, but I declined not knowing if or how much my insurance would cover, plus needles do not scare me.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes self administer. I want to make sure my doctor is OK with it before I start doing it weekly. I guess it wouldn't matter because I would be getting the same amount. I know that's why a lot of people use the gel since it's a low amount but it's daily. The doctor offered the gel, but I declined not knowing if or how much my insurance would cover, plus needles do not scare me.
Yeah I started with the gel and it was such a pain in the a$$. I hated having to put it on everyday and making sure I took a shower before having sex. Spontaneous with my girlfriend was basically nonexistent. I understand what you mean about making sure your dr is ok with it BUT you are not using more than what he prescribed. I guarantee that if you would inject 100 mgs once a week, then went to the dr and said hey doc I decided to inject 100 mgs once a week to keep my T levels stable so I would avoid having a crash he would say, ok great let me know how you continue to feel and we will run some labs later. The reason I know this is because I did it with my current dr and the ridiculous uro I was seeing. I decided on my own to inject twice a week and told my current dr that I researched it and I believed it would be better for me. She told me great it should help with your high E2 also. With my uro i told him I went to weekly injections instead of every 2 week and he said ok great. In this day and time you have to take charge of your healthcare. If you don't you won't get what you need.

BrianJB

Awards
Yeah that's almost what my doctor said (he's a GREAT guy) but he basically said "I'm sure you've researched what you want to do online, what have you found?"

I was kind of shocked because my old doctor was very much of the "do what I say, and if you go against my directions then you are no longer my patient".

I'll just do another shot this Friday and do it weekly from there on out. I'll have to get more needles though since the pharmacy only gave me 4.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah that's almost what my doctor said (he's a GREAT guy) but he basically said "I'm sure you've researched what you want to do online, what have you found?" I was kind of shocked because my old doctor was very much of the "do what I say, and if you go against my directions then you are no longer my patient". I'll just do another shot this Friday and do it weekly from there on out. I'll have to get more needles though since the pharmacy only gave me 4.
What state do you live in? I'm in NC and the state doesn't require a script for syringes but some pharmacies do their own thing. I found walgreens to be cheap. I bought 18 for a little over $3. I promise you that you will feel SO much better with weekly injections than what you are doing now but if I were you I would start with 100 mgs. My current dr upped my T amount to a little over 100 mgs a week. Just this past Saturday I lowered it and I'm gonna go back to 100 mgs a week. When I first found out I was low T I tested mid 200's.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that's almost what my doctor said (he's a GREAT guy) but he basically said "I'm sure you've researched what you want to do online, what have you found?"
That is how my doctor is. He always asks what I've been researching lately and we'll have a talk about it.

BrianJB

Awards
What state do you live in? I'm in NC and the state doesn't require a script for syringes but some pharmacies do their own thing. I found walgreens to be cheap. I bought 18 for a little over $3. I promise you that you will feel SO much better with weekly injections than what you are doing now but if I were you I would start with 100 mgs. My current dr upped my T amount to a little over 100 mgs a week. Just this past Saturday I lowered it and I'm gonna go back to 100 mgs a week. When I first found out I was low T I tested mid 200's.
I am in Iowa, the pharmacy that I got my syringes from charged me 50 cents per, so I paid $2 for 4 syringes. But my pharmacy was flakey about me buying them, I said "well I am going to need them either way to inject, I can go back to the doctor and get them if I can't buy them here". But part of the issue here is that this town has a high level of drug abuse so they are so cautious about everything.

I even think they messed up my script, I was given a prescription for 1x 10ml vial, they gave me 2 1ml vials with 1 refill. So that's only 4mls total, I told the dr. So he knows.

I am in a very small town, I just get my scripts filled in this town because I work here.

I still feel great today, but I know I'll start to crash in the next few days, I called the dr. Today and left a message about going to weekly shots. I will update once I hear back.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
You can buy off the web 40 28g 1CC x 1/2" lg. needles for about $40.
http://www.hcgsupplies.com/syringeneedle-combo.html

Do your shots with this smaller needle subQ this is a new way to doing shots and for most men works much better Dr. Shippen and Dr. John have there men doing Test C shot subQ and E3D.

You guys that have a Dr. asking what's new from the web he is a great Dr. my Dr. dose this and has been for over 15 yrs. The first Pub. I gave him to read was from www.allthingsmale.com the Pub. was called TRT: A Recipe for Success and his HCG Update.
I am in Iowa, the pharmacy that I got my syringes from charged me 50 cents per, so I paid $2 for 4 syringes. But my pharmacy was flakey about me buying them, I said "well I am going to need them either way to inject, I can go back to the doctor and get them if I can't buy them here". But part of the issue here is that this town has a high level of drug abuse so they are so cautious about everything.

I even think they messed up my script, I was given a prescription for 1x 10ml vial, they gave me 2 1ml vials with 1 refill. So that's only 4mls total, I told the dr. So he knows.

I am in a very small town, I just get my scripts filled in this town because I work here.

I still feel great today, but I know I'll start to crash in the next few days, I called the dr. Today and left a message about going to weekly shots. I will update once I hear back.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am in Iowa, the pharmacy that I got my syringes from charged me 50 cents per, so I paid $2 for 4 syringes. But my pharmacy was flakey about me buying them, I said "well I am going to need them either way to inject, I can go back to the doctor and get them if I can't buy them here". But part of the issue here is that this town has a high level of drug abuse so they are so cautious about everything. I even think they messed up my script, I was given a prescription for 1x 10ml vial, they gave me 2 1ml vials with 1 refill. So that's only 4mls total, I told the dr. So he knows. I am in a very small town, I just get my scripts filled in this town because I work here. I still feel great today, but I know I'll start to crash in the next few days, I called the dr. Today and left a message about going to weekly shots. I will update once I hear back.
I know what you mean about small towns. I live in one too. Check with a box store pharmacy like CVS, Walgreens, etc and see if they are cheaper. At the independent pharmacy I get my T from sells 15 syringes for 10 bucks. That's expensive! A little over 3 bucks for 18 is a lot cheaper. Keep us posted on what your dr says about weekly injections and be sure to tell him your not gonna inject 250 mgs a week! Like I suggested before start with 100 mgs a week. It's easier to control everything starting low and moving up than it is starting high and going down

BrianJB

Awards
I know what you mean about small towns. I live in one too. Check with a box store pharmacy like CVS, Walgreens, etc and see if they are cheaper. At the independent pharmacy I get my T from sells 15 syringes for 10 bucks. That's expensive! A little over 3 bucks for 18 is a lot cheaper. Keep us posted on what your dr says about weekly injections and be sure to tell him your not gonna inject 250 mgs a week! Like I suggested before start with 100 mgs a week. It's easier to control everything starting low and moving up than it is starting high and going down

I will go to walgreens this week and see what they say, I'm a professional guy (dress pants and polo shirts for work) so hopefully they won't give me a hard time about it.

I really do want to start with weekly shots, I think it will level things out a bit.

I should add when I had my first blood work done my t level was around 207...He did another one 5 days after that (before I had any injections) and it came back in the low 100s. He said he checked twice because t levels will either go higher than the first test or lower. And he also said most insurance companies ask for a 2nd test.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will go to walgreens this week and see what they say, I'm a professional guy (dress pants and polo shirts for work) so hopefully they won't give me a hard time about it. I really do want to start with weekly shots, I think it will level things out a bit. I should add when I had my first blood work done my t level was around 207...He did another one 5 days after that (before I had any injections) and it came back in the low 100s. He said he checked twice because t levels will either go higher than the first test or lower. And he also said most insurance companies ask for a 2nd test.
I was mid 200 when I was tested. I started with 100 mgs which is .25 ml in a syringe twice a week. I now do .3 ml twice a week which is a little over 100 mgs. It puts me in the high end of scale. I bumped down to .25 ml twice a week again to see if I have a positive change. My libido is crazy sometimes then it tames down. I just want to keep it at a good level.

BrianJB

Awards
Is it a profound feeling when you get things dialed in?...I guess what I am asking is if you really can tell a big difference?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is it a profound feeling when you get things dialed in?...I guess what I am asking is if you really can tell a big difference?
Yes it is. If you think back to where you felt good libido was good and you had energy, that's what it will be like!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, very much so. It isn't like you take something and say whoa, but your day to day is better. I've been at the point for the last year a half that I will almost forget to inject because the ups and downs are non-existent. When you are on a 10-14 day protocol, you are looking forward to inject day because you start to feel lousy.