TRT help!

googoots

Awards
6 months ago I went to see my Dr. about low testosterone. I was gaining weight, lethargic, and all the other concerns that come into play with low T. I tested at 378ng/dL but was told I just need to eat better and exercise and sent on my way. Now my diet it pretty on point more often than not, but yea I could exorcise more. I wasnt satisfied with that answer however and decided to do some research and treat myself. I wound up doing 140mg of test E a week and holy ****. Weight started coming off, sex was great and all the other positives that come from treatment. Several weeks ago all that started diminishing and I assumed I bought a bunk bottle, so I decided to visit a low T center. They tested me and I was at 444ng/dL. I explained I had been treating myself and after providing them my previous blood work, they also say I'm fine and sent me on my way. I realize that I started out within the normal range but its still on the low end. Seems like that wouldnt be acceptable. Any thoughts?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm leaning towards agreeing you have a bunk bottle. At 140 mg/week Test E I would think your total test would be higher than 444.

googoots

Awards
I'm leaning towards agreeing you have a bunk bottle. At 140 mg/week Test E I would think your total test would be higher than 444.
That was my thought as well. I'm still baffled though that after explaining how much better I felt while I had a legit bottle they couldn't be bothered to start a weekly regimine.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That was my thought as well. I'm still baffled though that after explaining how much better I felt while I had a legit bottle they couldn't be bothered to start a weekly regimine.
Could be a bunk bottle or it could be that your natural production has shut down and your E2 level is up. Stick with the 150 of test and try to take an AI and see how your levels are after 2-3 months.

googoots

Awards
Could be a bunk bottle or it could be that your natural production has shut down and your E2 level is up. Stick with the 150 of test and try to take an AI and see how your levels are after 2-3 months.
I need to do some more research on the proper Al for me....dossages and what not. Im actually debating on lowering the amount I've been taking and doing e3.5 days versus once a week.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need to do some more research on the proper Al for me....dossages and what not. Im actually debating on lowering the amount I've been taking and doing e3.5 days versus once a week.
I pin E3.5 days and love it. My amount is slight over 100 mgs total for the week

googoots

Awards
I pin E3.5 days and love it. My amount is slight over 100 mgs total for the week
Does the type of test matter as to what amount. I see alot of cyp user doing 100mg a week. I've only used E and when I began this 100 just seemed low

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Does the type of test matter as to what amount. I see alot of cyp user doing 100mg a week. I've only used E and when I began this 100 just seemed low
That's a good question and I don't have an answer, but I know that cyp seems to be more common. I use cyp. I think I have read that the half life of E is shorter than cyp.

googoots

Awards
And here I thought it was the other way around lol

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i take 100mg a week and wear a 2mg andropatch everyday. feel the best i have ever felt. boners all day energy for days and feel much stronger in gym.

googoots

Awards
Im definitely dropping my dose but probably 110 or 115

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Formeron eod. My e2 levels are in the 22-26 range without, and very comfortable, but Formeron puts me in the teens, which is even better.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Cyp and enanthate are fully 110% interchangeable. There's a 2 day difference in esters.

OP how long after your shot was your blood work?

No you shouldn't need AI at 120mgs. Get blood work 4 weeks in to check e2 levels.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I use Formeron eod. My e2 levels are in the 22-26 range without, and very comfortable, but Formeron puts me in the teens, which is even better.
too little estrogen is bad right? what's ideal? is it based per person?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a dr's appt tomorrow to follow up on a cortisol stem test. I'm gonna see if she will write me a script for an AI. She wanted me to try the natural remedies first such as zinc, I3C and DIM. They aren't working. I've been bloated, bad food cravings and tightness in my lower back and left leg. Has anyone had the lower back pain/tightness with high E2?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes too little is right. Somewhere in the high teens to around 30 seems to be optimal but it does depend on the person also. I've heard if you take an AI to judge by night and morning wood then cut back a little so you can get in your sweet spot. Of course you need to follow up with blood work too.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you definitely want some estrogen or you are going to have similar problems as having too much. I crashed mine on arimidex and I was weak, tired, moody, and it took a long time to get my libido back.

googoots

Awards
So I was finally to obtain a legit bottle today but was sent the wrong stuff lol instead of just e its a combo of e, cyp, prop all together 400mg. I dont even know what to do with this crap

Falcon1

Falcon1

Awards
They are a combination of all test some work faster Others work slower , go ahead and use it just start at a lower dose a week.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
What is a healthy total T range? I'm 33 and plan on getting tested.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The ranges are usually 250-850 or 320-1150. Typically you want to be no lower than mid range, but everyone is different and how you feel is just as important as actual numbers.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
The ranges are usually 250-850 or 320-1150. Typically you want to be no lower than mid range, but everyone is different and how you feel is just as important as actual numbers.
Just to add to this, the Free T is just as important of a number, if not more important, than total T.

googoots

Awards
So im getting my first bit of blood work back since going to 3.5 day pinz and my total test is lower. Not by much though, im at 427 now. Still waiting to see the doc though. My FSH is super low....im guessing that has to do with the lack of sex drive. I do feel somewhat better but still lethargic at times.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't tell anything with only total test. You need to understand free, e2, pregnenolone, DHEA, SHBG, thyroid, and I'd recommend a CBC to understand your lipid and blood count.

googoots

Awards
You can't tell anything with only total test. You need to understand free, e2, pregnenolone, DHEA, SHBG, thyroid, and I'd recommend a CBC to understand your lipid and blood count.
Well he didn't do a free test or e2 cause he said I only had slight gyno. I dont see DHEA or SHBG...thyroid is fine. CBC show my HGB is only slightly elevated as well as MCV. Oh and he wont prescribe me any test...this is becoming frustrating. Even after telling him how much better I feel treating and all the weight ive lost he said sorry.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, what? You said you pin e 3.5 days. Is this something you found on your own through a compounding pharmacy or something? If so, he isn't going to prescribe you test because your #'s don't show that you need it. You may have hosed yourself.

googoots

Awards
Wait, what? You said you pin e 3.5 days. Is this something you found on your own through a compounding pharmacy or something? If so, he isn't going to prescribe you test because your #'s don't show that you need it. You may have hosed yourself.
Well I assumed honesty is the best policy and seeing im barely mid-range with treatment I assumed it was a no brainer to give me a script. Notice there are abunch of "assumes" lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honesty is a great policy, but not if you are self medicating and then looking to go legit with labs that can't support it. Now how are they supposed to know what you started with and if you really needed it? Plus, now that you started this, if you can't keep up a source, you better start looking to see how you are going to PCT to baseline yourself.

googoots

Awards
Honesty is a great policy, but not if you are self medicating and then looking to go legit with labs that can't support it. Now how are they supposed to know what you started with and if you really needed it? Plus, now that you started this, if you can't keep up a source, you better start looking to see how you are going to PCT to baseline yourself.
I gave him prior bloodwork as well....im not terribly concerned with running out....at least not for awhile.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
So im getting my first bit of blood work back since going to 3.5 day pinz and my total test is lower. Not by much though, im at 427 now. Still waiting to see the doc though. My FSH is super low....im guessing that has to do with the lack of sex drive. I do feel somewhat better but still lethargic at times.
If you are injecting exogenous T then FSH will be near 0.

Also. It sounds like you may be better off paying for ordering your own labs and make sure you are getting some or the more important tests.

googoots

Awards
If you are injecting exogenous T then FSH will be near 0.

Also. It sounds like you may be better off paying for ordering your own labs and make sure you are getting some or the more important tests.
Your right...I guess any of the labs will do for blood work?