Can a varicocele of any size affect testosterone/hormones?

Zero12

Awards
For the last 6 months I have suffered from low T symptoms, premature ejaculation, adrenal fatigue, a penis that hangs and curves left (it always curved but it seems to be more these days) and pain under my left ribcage. I had no problems before this time period, before my varicocele appeared. However, after spending months telling my doctor I had a problem that wasn't 'all in my head' she sent me for an ultrasound scan. To be honest I don't think she cares but I'm 18 and wouldn't know where to start to get a new doctor on the NHS. Anyways, she told me that my varicocele was actually very small, despite me clearly being able to see it, nevermind feel it (she didn't tell me what grade it was), but reluctantly referred me to a urologist. It could be a while before I see a urologist however, meaning my sleepless nights will continue.

If this varicocele is as small as the doctor claims could it be the cause of my symptoms? If not, only a very minor injury I suffered around the same time could realistically be the cause - but this seems very unlikely.

I desperately don't want to spend my life on TRT (2 months ago my total T was 14.9 ng/L or about 425 ng/dL) or is this looking like a certainty? If not, can anybody give me any advice, whether from their own experiences or others'?

FOXDIE

FOXDIE

Awards
rather than asking some people on a forum about whether it can cause low t why not look it up on a medical site? that said, is it possible that a varicocele could cause issues with your balls? surely? i would think the varicocele itself while generally a benign mass of useless blood vessels, certainly could find a way to suffocate/restrict flow to important parts down there by wrapping around it? but no, sorry to ruin things for you but its probably not the varicocele causing your issues.

anyway, i have a varicocele, and later on ended up on T. Related? Hell no. I and doctors kept an eye on that thing over the years to monitor whether it ever was causing issues and would require emergency surgery.so im saying to you, go to the doctor have them check it out but dude there sooo common, and nobody does jack **** about them cause they dont do anything most of the time.. so check but i doubt its the cause. hopefully it is, and you can get surgery and restore your testo levels.

if its not the cause, why not get on T? you desperately dont want to spend your life on t? its not the end of the world. i know in your case youd WANT this to be a certainty so you can fix things without going on T for life... but sorry man its nowhere near a certainty whatsoever, and highly unlikely. good luck. go see a doc.

RAND0M1ZER

Awards
rather than asking some people on a forum about whether it can cause low t why not look it up on a medical site? that said, is it possible that a varicocele could cause issues with your balls? surely? i would think the varicocele itself while generally a benign mass of useless blood vessels, certainly could find a way to suffocate/restrict flow to important parts down there by wrapping around it? but no, sorry to ruin things for you but its probably not the varicocele causing your issues.

anyway, i have a varicocele, and later on ended up on T. Related? Hell no. I and doctors kept an eye on that thing over the years to monitor whether it ever was causing issues and would require emergency surgery.so im saying to you, go to the doctor have them check it out but dude there sooo common, and nobody does jack **** about them cause they dont do anything most of the time.. so check but i doubt its the cause. hopefully it is, and you can get surgery and restore your testo levels.

if its not the cause, why not get on T? you desperately dont want to spend your life on t? its not the end of the world. i know in your case youd WANT this to be a certainty so you can fix things without going on T for life... but sorry man its nowhere near a certainty whatsoever, and highly unlikely. good luck. go see a doc.
There is a not really a medical consensus on the issue of whether a varicocele can cause low T although it is widely accepted that it can have a negative impact on fertility. This is due to the blood pooling in the scrotum and increasing the temperature so that it is not a friendly environment for sperm. There have been some studying more recently that have shown significant increases in T after varicoceles get repaired which a lot of doctors probably aren't aware of.