Former steroid user with low free t

D

DieYoungDbol

Awards
I took a prohormone at the age of 17 in hopes of getting improved performance in my hockey career. I moved away from home to play hockey and I took these prohormones (oral steroids) for 40 days and I feel I may caused myself to have secondary Hypogonadism. I am 19 now and dealing with terrible symptoms. I have depression, fatigue, anxiety, trouble sleeping, and my libido is almost zero. I also am generally irritable, and in a rude mood. It has gotten so bad that my life has been negatively effected to the point where i had to drop out of college in attempts to work this out. I recently had a wide variety of my hormone levels checked with my primary care doctor and here are the results

Free Testosterone : 7.5 (normal range is 10-30)
Total Testosterone : 507
Vitamin D : 37.4 (30.0-100.0)
TSH: 4.710 (0.450-4.500)
T3: 116 (71-180)
Free T4 : 1.33 (0.93-1.60)

with other nutritional levels that came back normal.

My biggest concern is my TSH at a level of 4.7 and Free Testosterone at a 7.5...
I was fasted and took this blood test in the morning. I consider myself to live a healthy lifestyle of lifting weights during the week and eating good foods.

Is it possible that prohormone (oral steroid) use could have jacked my free testosterone and TSH out of whack? Any other theories? And are there any steps I can take next? My endocrinologist is so far just suggesting general depression as his diagnosis and an antidepressant as solution. Thank you!

M

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
You need D3 supplements.
Your TSH indicates your not making enough T4 and T3 without a lot of stimulus.
I would suggest thyroid vitamin and mineral supplements, first.
Are you taking any medications???

We need more info.....DHEAs, LH, FSH, SHBG, E2, DHT

Sometimes, people do need antidepressants.

D

DieYoungDbol

Awards
Yes I am taking an all encompassing multi vitamin which has 125% of daily vitamin d. Are there any specific supplements you recommend that could improve TSH/thyroid levels?

M

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Yes I am taking an all encompassing multi vitamin which has 125% of daily vitamin d. Are there any specific supplements you recommend that could improve TSH/thyroid levels?
I needed to take 5000ius of vitamin D3, daily, to get my 25-Hydroxy level from 30 up to 71(range 30-100). It is commonly stated that you require 1000ius per 35 pounds of body weight. DON'T GO ABOVE 80.

mcammy

mcammy

Awards
Know alot of dudes who took prohormones at young age. Never took a pct and their test levels are all messed up now!!