Just got blood results (24yo), would like some advice

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
Just got the following bloods, the units of measurement seem to be different from those I usually see posted here but I can convert if that's an issue:
My worry now is that most are within the "normal" range, but at the fringes of it, so the doc will probably tell me I'm absolutely fine - was just wondering if anyone had any more in-depth insights into whether I need to worry about any of these.

Testosterone: 13.5 nmol/L. Range: 8.6-29.0
Estradiol: 112 pmol/L. Range: 28-156
LH: 3.3 U/L. Range: 2-9
FSH: 1.9 U/L. Range: 2-12
Prolactin: 214 mU/L. Range: 86-324

FSH is 0.1 below a normal range, but my real worry here is that the ranges are so vast that "normal" could be interpreted a bunch of different ways.
To the experts here, when you look at those ranges for a guy who's going to be 25 in the summer, should I be worried? I got the tests in the first place because I have residual puffy nipples which never reduced after puberty, and because on a course of PES Erase Pro last year my moods and motivation seemed so much better than normal. Just wondering if anyone has any insights or advice.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Hi conkertheking,

Your TT levels are that of a man 85 - 100 yrs of age here is a link that show normal levels of T by age.
http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/normal-testosterone-levels-in-men.html

Your Estradiol levels in my units are 30 pg/ml this is high for some men and can keep your FSH down lower. The brain sees Estradiol as T and will slow down sending the FSH and LH messages when Estraidol levels are high.

I would not go on TRT until you get this down and retest your T levels. Going on TRT is for life try to find out why your levels are low. And if it can be fixed the T levels will come back up.

Read the Stickys at the top of the page.
Just got the following bloods, the units of measurement seem to be different from those I usually see posted here but I can convert if that's an issue:
My worry now is that most are within the "normal" range, but at the fringes of it, so the doc will probably tell me I'm absolutely fine - was just wondering if anyone had any more in-depth insights into whether I need to worry about any of these.

Testosterone: 13.5 nmol/L. Range: 8.6-29.0
Estradiol: 112 pmol/L. Range: 28-156
LH: 3.3 U/L. Range: 2-9
FSH: 1.9 U/L. Range: 2-12
Prolactin: 214 mU/L. Range: 86-324

FSH is 0.1 below a normal range, but my real worry here is that the ranges are so vast that "normal" could be interpreted a bunch of different ways.
To the experts here, when you look at those ranges for a guy who's going to be 25 in the summer, should I be worried? I got the tests in the first place because I have residual puffy nipples which never reduced after puberty, and because on a course of PES Erase Pro last year my moods and motivation seemed so much better than normal. Just wondering if anyone has any insights or advice.

conkertheking

Awards
  • Established
O_O
So would I be correct then in thinking that this testosterone issue could indeed be the reason I've been feeling so apathetic towards life lately? One of the main reasons I went for this test was because I'd been having serious procrastination issues and a "meh" attitude to the things I'm usually enthusiastic about, sort of feeling like I'm standing still when I want to be racing forward - and when I did a course of Erase Pro for an unrelated reason, for those 6 or so weeks I suddenly felt like a zombie being revived back to life :D

Am I reading too much into it or is there a correlation between testosterone problems and apathy?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can be feeling like this due to low T and high Estradiol most of the bad feelings are from both.

Wellshii

Awards
Get a good doc,google reviews. You gotta find the underlying problem with the borderline high pro and estro. They are keeping your T down. A good doc will ask about diet, past anabolic usage, drugs used or using etc. A good patient will also do the same. Might need to get an MRI to see if your pituitary is alright. Worst case scenario,might even be a growing tumor. GET CHECKED!!