E2 Help and Conversation with Endo

MiniBigMan

Awards
Gents hoping you can assist me in a conversation with my Endo. For some background:

Sex: Male

Height: 5'9
Weight: 180
BF: ~13%

I'm not on TRT and have never cycled gear. I did a superdrol based PH about 7 years ago w/o proper PCT and was shutdown pretty hard, but managed to recover (thankfully).

About a year ago I went my GP with low-T symptoms (fatigue, lethargy, depression, concentration issues, irritability, low libido, etc.) We ran labs and results came back "in-range" but low at 366 Total T @ 29yrs old. During this testing we never looked at Estrogen. He said I wasn't a candidate for TRT based on the cut-offs and age - we both decided to try some lifestyle changes first.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I changed my diet (more fat), been sleeping better (melatonin), lifting better (heavy compound work), getting more sun etc. and this got my total T up to 802, but many of the issues didn't resolve. I thought the answer was to try to boost T some more so I started on an OTC stack of DAA, ErasePro, and LeanExtreme. After 6 weeks I started noticing some nipple puffiness and sensitivity and got spooked (I HAD pubescent gyno and had surgery for it 5 years ago, the entire gland wasn't removed for contouring purposes so re-growth / flare ups can happen). I dropped all the supps at this point. I went back on ErasePro after week when the symptoms didn't abate and threw in some Inhibit P as well.

Two weeks after initial gyno symptoms, I went see an Endo for a comprehensive blood panel and perhaps get a script for a SERM or AI. Got the results this morning and again everything is "normal:"

TESTOSTERONE,FREE - 124.9 Range: 35.0-155.0 - pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE,TOTAL - 766 Range: 250-1100 - ng/dL
Prolactin - 3 Range: 3-17 - ng/ml
ESTRADIOL - 36 Range: < OR = 39 - pg/mL

Total estrogens are still pending.

*Worth noting: I had ingested ErasePro and Inhibit P roughly 36 hours before the blood was drawn. I expressed concern over this to the doc but he dismissed it saying the compounds would've cleared my system already.

My concern is that given my history (gyno), what I thought were Low-T symptoms (last year + currently), and recent gyno scare, I'm concerned my estrogen is still too high and may be the overlooked culprit of my symptoms. I've read anecdotally that men should shoot for a Test/Estro ratio of 30-40 and even as high as 50 to 1. I'd like to make a case to my endo that's backed by some science and I'm hoping you guys (being much better read than I am) can point me to some resources. Even if not, any words of encouragement or personal anecdotes of dealing with Estro issues are still appreciated.

Thanks for reading

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Is this with Labcorp? You might what to try the other E2 lab they offer also.

Honestly looking at your labs I think your numbers, especially your Free T, look great without any endogenous T.

I can't speak too much to your E2 number, but there may be a better, more accurate test for E2.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
That E2 test looks like Quest Diagnostics Ranges, and that test is normally pretty accurate.
36 is Highish. IMO a tiny dose of Aromasin (3.25mg EOD to start) would be where I would begin.
You may be Estrogen Dominate (Homozygous CYP1B1 L432V, CYP1B1 R48G, DNA SNPs)...It does not cause to have more E2, but, it causes the Estradiol you have to over stimulate Estrogen Receptors. Your Dr. would not even think of it.