Please help me in regards to TRT

rio2014

Awards
Hello, I have been on TRT for the last 4 months and currently taking 1.0CC Depo/week and 250IU HCG twice a week. My concern is lately I'm feeling extremely lethargic and fatigued and experiencing mild depression/mood swings and don't know what to do or what causing the issue. My last lab came at 38nmol/L which is high I guess. I'm going to do another test to check for my thyroid because I'm hypo as well and to see if its high E2. Any advice as what's causing this?

Please post any feedback because things are not looking good for me atm. Thanks.

Littleguy0321

Littleguy0321

Awards
Hcg elevates E2 I believe. I would either do 250 every 5 days, wait a week and see, the doctor will not help you with this, they want you to feel like trash so you keep comin back. Look into non-aromitozing stuff, keep test low and consistent, start a very low dose of anastrozel or nolva, and wait. Takes my body 2-3 weeks to catch up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also, that's too high of a dose. you're either at 200-250mg a week, which puts you at around double normal human levels. So that is probably contributing more to estrogen than the HCG. Real world hitting high normal range dose is usually 125 or so.

Littleguy0321

Littleguy0321

Awards
also, that's too high of a dose. you're either at 200-250mg a week, which puts you at around double normal human levels. So that is probably contributing more to estrogen than the HCG. Real world hitting high normal range dose is usually 125 or so.
So .25 on slin syringe a week is right or too much?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200mg and HCG is wrecking you. I would cut that in half and split the doses then reassess. Also, determine why you may want/need the HCG. It definitely raises e2.

rio2014

Awards
200mg and HCG is wrecking you. I would cut that in half and split the doses then reassess. Also, determine why you may want/need the HCG. It definitely raises e2.
Its 100mg/week which from what I understand is the standard dose for TRT. I do HCG low dose at 250IU 2X per week to maintain testicle function and size as I'm only 33 years old.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, you mentioned 1cc, which would equate to 200mg of test.

rio2014

Awards
Oh, you mentioned 1cc, which would equate to 200mg of test.
I did..Depo-Testosterone Injection is available in two strengths, 100 mg/mL and 200 mg/mL testosterone cypionate. I am taking 1CC of the 100mg/mL.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, I was unaware that was distributed for TRT. Bummer that you need to inject so much for the same dose, but good that you are starting at 100mg.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So .25 on slin syringe a week is right or too much?
well, no, crap, with your explanation on the testosterone strength, that seems pretty normal actually. You may want to try lowering the HCG some though, or seeing if your doctor will prescribe (or at least test you for) something with estrogen levels

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Everyone here believed in using hcg? I'm on trt but not using it . Is it necassary

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone here believed in using hcg? I'm on trt but not using it . Is it necassary
Still new myself but doctor explained it's really only used to help keep the testicles at full size. I figure I won't care about that since my wife is only looking at the most important part anyway!

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Still new myself but doctor explained it's really only used to help keep the testicles at full size. I figure I won't care about that since my wife is only looking at the most important part anyway!
Ha ha makes your penis look bigger I suppose

rio2014

Awards
If I were to take an anti estrogen on my own since Doc told me my levels were ok, what would be the best one? I would be taking the lowest dose possible.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I were to take an anti estrogen on my own since Doc told me my levels were ok, what would be the best one? I would be taking the lowest dose possible.
Otc or research chem?

rio2014

Awards
There are several different ones on the market and I'm looking for the one with least side effects..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I believe it causes more issues than anything. The only way I would continue to take it is if I still planned to have more kids at some point. Read up on here, most guys start with it because it just became routine to prescribe it and then end up dropping it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are several different ones on the market and I'm looking for the one with least side effects..
Formerone would be the most legit OTC AI and it works well with TRT.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When are you hitting yourself with the HCG? 2 days prior to Test or what please explain. Also what else are you taking supplement wise? DHEA or Pregnonelone? PH's, fat burners etc etc..

rio2014

Awards
When are you hitting yourself with the HCG? 2 days prior to Test or what please explain. Also what else are you taking supplement wise? DHEA or Pregnonelone? PH's, fat burners etc etc..
Taking HCG Monday and Friday. Not taking any other supplements besides the staples such whey, fish oils, Vit D etc. Also my anxiety has gone through the roof, I have a blood test ordered after my third injection after last time I saw my doctor. Will do the test in two weeks and also thinking of lowering the dose of T to maybe .8CC every week.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can all but guarantee lowering test levels and adding pregnenolone and DHEA will crush that anxiety and make you feel way better.

rio2014

Awards
I'm not in favor of adding more stuff to what I'm already taking, so I will call the Doc's office to see if its ok to lower the T dose to around .8CC per week. 38nmol is kind of high I suppose since my last test came at that level although originally I was taking 1.2 CC and it was lowered to 1.0 since my last visit.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do yourself a favor and ask him about preg and dhea. It is becoming the new standard as doctors understand hormones better.

rio2014

Awards
I can all but guarantee lowering test levels and adding pregnenolone and DHEA will crush that anxiety and make you feel way better.
Thanks, will hold off on the dhea but ordered some Preg and will take 50mg once a day to see if that helps. It is important to take both at the same time or do you think just Preg will alleviate some of my symptoms.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Preg will help a lot of your symptoms. DHEA declines with age, and since preg sits above DHEA and only a portion of it converts, it can help to take in addition. Preg is very noticeable with memory and anxiety, and to an extent, energy. DHEA really boosts energy. Together, they work incredibly well for overall well being.

I would recommend getting your levels checked, but even without, I would always recommend preg from personal experience.

rio2014

Awards
Thanks I really appreciate your input in this matter. Lately it has been very difficult for me and I noticed my libido has decreased now and I'm sighing a lot like its the end of the world and have shortness of breath and my chest feels really tight.

TRT was supposed to help me and not make things worse. At this point I'm going to try the preg and actually did order some dhea too, will wait for the blood test after my 3rd shot and if things don't improve I'm considering discontinuing TRT. First few weeks on TRT felt absolutely great and then everything went downhill from there.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a bad decision. TRT is a journey and with you for life. It takes a while to get your protocol dialed in and you need to run labs to make sure everything is where it should be. It took me 6 months-year to get everything right because making a change takes time for your body to adjust as all hormones work together. Also, once you start TRT, you don't really notice all the benefits for 4-6 weeks, even if you luck out and get it right out of the gate.

rio2014

Awards
The thing is I have been on TRT for months not just weeks. I think lowering my dose might help because I'm also taking HCG, but I will not lower my dose or stop without first consulting with my doctor.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just this last week added in pregnenelone, and I do feel better overall

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love hearing this. I have two friends taking it on top of their TRT now and they are blown away at the energy and concentration it adds. I credit OnlyChevy for bringing to attention and that allowed me to discuss with my doc, who also recommended it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had wanted to try it transdermal, but i'm too lazy.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love hearing this. I have two friends taking it on top of their TRT now and they are blown away at the energy and concentration it adds. I credit OnlyChevy for bringing to attention and that allowed me to discuss with my doc, who also recommended it.
Brotha thank you. I just like to help where I can. Been following all of these post.

bswanny

bswanny

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Source naturals 10mg cherry flavored preg.
Not to high jack a thread but what would be a good starter dose of preg? I've been noticing anxiety creeping up on me and think this may help from what I read. Thank you for any help.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to high jack a thread but what would be a good starter dose of preg? I've been noticing anxiety creeping up on me and think this may help from what I read. Thank you for any help.
50mg per day. If you can't find that near you then if you have a vitamin shoppe location near you they have there own brand in a 30mg dose. That will do the trick to get you started.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I started with 50mg for 2-3 weeks and then lowered to 25 and then now I maintain on 10mg. If you are low, you need to build it up and then once it is there, you can maintain with much lower doses. Now, if I go over 25 mg I have so much energy that even if I take it upon waking, I don't sleep until midnight.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started with 50mg for 2-3 weeks and then lowered to 25 and then now I maintain on 10mg. If you are low, you need to build it up and then once it is there, you can maintain with much lower doses. Now, if I go over 25 mg I have so much energy that even if I take it upon waking, I don't sleep until midnight.
Don't you love how that works. Once it is in your system.

bswanny

bswanny

Awards
  • Established
Great info. Thanks guys!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn't notice much from preg. I tried 25mg sublingual and it gave a horrible headache for hrs so I lowered it to 12.5 and didn't get a headache but didn't notice much. I also tried dhea at 25mg oral and saw no difference blood work wise and then 50mg which again no real difference other then more bloated and nipple pain. Tried sublingual and got a headache from it also. Guess I don't react well. I felt "better" on 50mg oral but the bloat and nipple pain was a little much to have consistently.

rio2014

Awards
Ok so just received the Preg yesterday and have yet to open the bottle. Its a 50mg dose, should I take with food or empty stomach? Also does it matter what time of the day it should be taken?

Tks

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so just received the Preg yesterday and have yet to open the bottle. Its a 50mg dose, should I take with food or empty stomach? Also does it matter what time of the day it should be taken?

Tks

Take it either before you go to bed or in the morning either or. You can take it with or without food. Should not upset the stomach.

rio2014

Awards
Take it either before you go to bed or in the morning either or. You can take it with or without food. Should not upset the stomach.
Thanks, took it in the morning with my breakfast and now feel very jittery, is this common with this supp? I'm highly sensitive to stimulants as I have moderate hypoglycaemia. Don't notice anything else but it has been one dose so far.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to take it very first thing in the morning because I get so much energy. 50mg is alot and you may not need that much, so try dropping back to 25mg. Jitters are not common, but a very high level of energy is.

Also, it is not a stimulant. It is increasing the levels of preg that you already produce and it can take your body a few weeks to acclimate.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so just received the Preg yesterday and have yet to open the bottle. Its a 50mg dose, should I take with food or empty stomach? Also does it matter what time of the day it should be taken? Tks
I take Pregnant every morning on an empty stomach or with food. Doesn't upset my stomach at all. Just be sure to take it in the morning and not afternoon/evenings.