Help Analyzing Blood Work - Possible TRT Candidate

pcolatiger80

Awards
Good Evening,

I have been struggling with low t symptoms for several years now. Unfortunately I live in small town with a limited selection of doctors knowledgeable about male hormones. I will start out with my symptoms, body profile, and lab results. Please assist as I'm struggling with committing to TRT. I want to be sure before embarking into what could be a lifelong hormone replacement therapy.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 175
Body type: Endomorph (stocky)
Diet: mostly clean with a few cheats meals during the week. some weeks may contain more cheats.
Exercise Routine: cardio mixed with light to medium weight training. 3-5 days per week
Alcohol intake: I used to drink quite heavily on the weekends but recently quit drinking all together 3 months ago
Non smoker however I used to smoke when I drank

Most recent lab results:

Total Testosterone: 308 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 65.3 pg/ml
Estradiol: 30 pg/ml

Comprehensive metabolic panel = everything was in range except glucose which was 59 L on a 65-99 mg/dl scale

My doctor did not test my thyroid on this panel but my past results are as follows:

TSH: 1.64 Scale of .40-4.50 mIU/L
T4 Free: 1.3 Scale of 0.8-1.8 ng/dl

My estrogen has been consistently at 30 in all tests. My total test levels have been as low as 218 and as high as the low 400 range over the past 3 years. It has mostly been in the 200-300 range. Mt diet has been sketchy up until recently. Dropping 20lbs, cleaning up my diet, and exercising regularly hasnt changed the way I feel at all. My main complaints are:

Brain Fog/memory decline
Depression
Significant Loss in Sex Drive
No motivation
Extremely irritable
Stubborn belly fat
Timidity
on the edge/fight or flight feeling

I have recently found a doctor who might write me a script for Testosterone/HCG/Arimidex. It has taken me years to find a doctor who knows anyhting about male hormones. Most other doctors said I was in range and didnt need treatment. The lat docotr that I saw would write test and arimidex but no hcg. I'm 33 and about to get married. We want to have kids and i'm hesitant to start TRT without HCG.

Any thoughts, feedback, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, you mention that you were a heavy drinker up until fairly recently. I can tell you that heavy drinking, even just on the weekends, can affect test and e2 for a long time. I am not saying you are not a candidate, but that is something to think about.