how did u stop trt?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
im 33 yrs old and been on test cyp 100ml every week for about 7 months now and want to come off and my dr ok'd me to. she wants me to ween myself off by doing shots every 10 days then every 2 weeks and so on till im good. what u think?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
That is a horrible way to come off. It clearly shows she has little experience with HRT. You would be delaying your natural "restart" even longer by using this method.

You should do some reading about Post Cycle Therapy (PCT). You will come up with many options for coming off. Or find a doctor who knows how to help restart someone's HTPA.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i asked if there is anything that can help jumpstart my own test production and she told me no, nothing that's FDA approved. that to me was kinda a red flag. am i wrong? im very worried

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to find a doctor that really understands coming off. Why are you choosing this anyway?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
You need to find a doctor that really understands coming off. Why are you choosing this anyway?
I'm currently trying to get a 2nd opinion but i have to stay with certain drs within my healthcare plan. im tired of doing the shots every week and can't see myself doing this every week for the rest of my life!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well why did you get on it? I would assume it was because you aren't naturally producing it and all that will happen is that you will go back to where you were or lower. Why not look into gels?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Well why did you get on it? I would assume it was because you aren't naturally producing it and all that will happen is that you will go back to where you were or lower. Why not look into gels?
i think when i had my bloods done the very first time i was coming off a 4 week epi/trenazone cycle with kind of a ****ty pct. so i think my bloods were kinda off and made me look like i had somethin wrong with me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Geez buddy, you ran a cycle and never got back to normal, then went on exogenous test after a single lab indicated that you still were not back to normal. You may be in a world of hurt, but there may be someone that has gone down that road. Maybe in the PCT forum.

This is why you never go on TRT after a single lab or without a full evaluation. And really, you knew you were in the middle/end of PCT that might not have worked and didn't think that might be throwing the test numbers off??

dhickey

Awards
500IU HCG ED for a few weeks.
Then 25mg Clomid ED for a couple weeks.
Then 25mg Clomid EOD for a couple weeks.
Then twice a week for a couple weeks.

This has worked for me so far. I test before making the next change and try to keep E2 in check with an AI.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Geez buddy, you ran a cycle and never got back to normal, then went on exogenous test after a single lab indicated that you still were not back to normal. You may be in a world of hurt, but there may be someone that has gone down that road. Maybe in the PCT forum. This is why you never go on TRT after a single lab or without a full evaluation. And really, you knew you were in the middle/end of PCT that might not have worked and didn't think that might be throwing the test numbers off??
ya i know bad mistake!! i wanted test to gain weight and size. HUGE mistake i know! now I'm paying for it

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
What made u decide to stop and have U had labs done to see where ur numbers are at after this protocol ???

500IU HCG ED for a few weeks.
Then 25mg Clomid ED for a couple weeks.
Then 25mg Clomid EOD for a couple weeks.
Then twice a week for a couple weeks.

This has worked for me so far. I test before making the next change and try to keep E2 in check with an AI.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
anyone else had an experience with trying or a stopping trt? i need answers

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
It is no different than coming off any other supressive cycle. You need to restart your HTPA. It sounds like you are familiar with PCT. Just follow a solid PCT protocol. Or find a doctor who is familiar with restarting the HTPA.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
It is no different than coming off any other supressive cycle. You need to restart your HTPA. It sounds like you are familiar with PCT. Just follow a solid PCT protocol. Or find a doctor who is familiar with restarting the HTPA.
i asked about getting a serm and she told me that it's not FDA approved

dhickey

Awards
What made u decide to stop and have U had labs done to see where ur numbers are at after this protocol ???
Total T in the 500s. Free T in the mid to upper teens. If I can get E2 down, those numbers will improve.

Trt was life changing for me, but I didn't want to stay on it for another 60yrs if I didn't absolutely need it. If I can optimise natural production for a few more years, it's bit easier. One less thing to put in my body.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Total T in the 500s. Free T in the mid to upper teens. If I can get E2 down, those numbers will improve. Trt was life changing for me, but I didn't want to stay on it for another 60yrs if I didn't absolutely need it. If I can optimise natural production for a few more years, it's bit easier. One less thing to put in my body.
how did u obtain ur hcg and clomid? through rx?

dhickey

Awards
how did u obtain ur hcg and clomid? through rx?
International pharmacy. I had a script for the hcg at one point but never used it. International pharmacies are much cheaper.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It would be highly advisable to do the foundational work before coming off our you will crash. You can not build a mansion with a crappy foundation it will crumble. I see this way too often which could have been prevented with the proper steps. Foundational work usually starts about 4-6 months before some one is ready to come off. By creating the best environment for Testosterone to keep rolling process going with great results is the approach I suggest to doctors

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
It would be highly advisable to do the foundational work before coming off our you will crash. You can not build a mansion with a crappy foundation it will crumble. I see this way too often which could have been prevented with the proper steps. Foundational work usually starts about 4-6 months before some one is ready to come off. By creating the best environment for Testosterone to keep rolling process going with great results is the approach I suggest to doctors
i agree, it's no secret but for some reason my dr just doesn't understand! this is my 2nd endo and highly doubt that my insurance would approve me seeing a 3rd endo. son im pretty much stuck and it's literally killing me.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
anyone else had an experience with trying or a stopping trt? i need answers
I'm currently stopping TRT right now, it's been a couple weeks since my last injection, and my endocrinologist is going to prescribe clomid for an attempt at a natural restart.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently stopping TRT right now, it's been a couple weeks since my last injection, and my endocrinologist is going to prescribe clomid for an attempt at a natural restart.
did you ask for that or did the endo just suggest it? also, how do u feel? how long have u been on and what dose?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
did you ask for that or did the endo just suggest it? also, how do u feel? how long have u been on and what dose?
I asked for it. I felt terrible for about a week but I started DAA during that week which I believe helped immensely. I've been on a couple years at 100mg per week. My doc is lagging a little in the clomid script, which is why I started the DAA. I had to come off because my hematocrit was too high.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I asked for it. I felt terrible for about a week but I started DAA during that week which I believe helped immensely. I've been on a couple years at 100mg per week. My doc is lagging a little in the clomid script, which is why I started the DAA. I had to come off because my hematocrit was too high.
no hcg? what dose clomid? and for how long? sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get a game plan going since my endo is ignorant

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
no hcg? what dose clomid? and for how long? sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get a game plan going since my endo is ignorant
No worries. No hcg. Not sure what the dose he'll prescribe is but as soon as I know I'll report back. There's a ton of studies on clomid's safety and effectiveness, but I know what it's like to have a close minded doctor.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you should read up on dr Michael Scally, and his P.O.W.E.R. pct plan, which is a proven, data based plan for recovering hpta function.

then print out the information, and give it to her, asking her to read up on it.

the drugs can be used for other functions besides what they are developed for. serms, and ai's both are used for numerous off label remedies, one of the most common being fertility treatment.
If you're doctor is too stupid to research, you are going to have to thoroughly do so yourself, then visit her fully prepared to make her look stupid.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i sent dr scaly an email. hopefully he will respond

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i sent dr scaly an email. hopefully he will respond
lol he responded with consultation prices..... wayyyy to much money IMO. i dont know why but for some reason to expected him to lay out a plan for free haha stupid me oh well back to my research

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol he responded with consultation prices..... wayyyy to much money IMO. i dont know why but for some reason to expected him to lay out a plan for free haha stupid me oh well back to my research
You get what you pay for. He isn't world renowned for not fixing shut down issues.
If you read William Llewellyns ANABOLICS he has info on the power pct plan, and updated in the 10th edition.

Harvold

Awards
Bro, try acupuncture from a real TCM Dr. If cost is an issue check out a collage clinic, there likely will be a senior instructor who actually does the treatment. Its a long term thing but in my experience it has long term results.