TRT and Balding

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
So Ive done the research and it seems that along with TRT there may (will) be an increase in DHT which affects the hair follicles in such a way that may accelerate male pattern balding in those genetically predisposed. I am looking to initiate my TRT protocol within the next 10 days. I have a family history of male pattern balding, of which I have so far been able to avoid (mostly) at the age of 36. Should I take preventative measures and use the shampoos and creams right at the onset of my TRT protocol? Or should I wait until I see if I start to lose hair?
Thank you

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'd take preventative measures before any balding starts if you're predisposed to MPB. I haven't experienced any balding since starting TRT 3 years ago, and I'm predisposed to MPB. Actually I experienced more hair loss prior to TRT.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
I'd take preventative measures before any balding starts if you're predisposed to MPB. I haven't experienced any balding since starting TRT 3 years ago, and I'm predisposed to MPB. Actually I experienced more hair loss prior to TRT.
Great. Thank you!

edmassa

Awards
My hair was really shedding at 200mg week to where I notices a couple spots. Dropped down to 160 and spots have grown back if that helps at all

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
My hair was really shedding at 200mg week to where I notices a couple spots. Dropped down to 160 and spots have grown back if that helps at all
It does help. Thank you for your input!