Post Finasteride Syndrome i.e Propeica Side Effects

finvictim

Awards
My life has been devastated from the consumption of finasteride sold under the brand name Propecia. I took this for the 6 months ending in October 2012, I couldn't graduate from University and recently lost my part time job as a result.

Since the age of 19, I have been a regular at the gym, with a minimum of 5 sessions a week, often 6 and sometimes even 7. My cardio/fitness level was great, as was my metabolism and ability to gain muscle. However, after almost 5 years after starting I can no longer exercise at all, bed bound on certain days due to chronic fatigue. My libido is pretty much non existent, and I have lost sensation and size in the genitalia. My appetite has dropped dramatically and strangely enough I have put on fat despite eating less, especially in the stomach area, and my face feels less firm and skin generally feels a lot thinner and less plump. My skin is very dry in comparison before taking this poison, I get severe chills and cannot sweat naturally. Cognitive ability has also been hit badly, I was on track for a 1st at uni, but now have been reduced to even struggling to perform simple arithmetic and my short term memory is simply woeful.

I'm at a loss as to what wrong with me, i've lost count as to how many doctors I have visited, blood tests i've taken etc in trying to get to the route of the problem. Even got an appointment with an edinochronlogist after waiting many months, which was a complete waste off time. I was 22 when I took this and I have felt like a man triple my age shortly after a few tablets, i've lost all vitality, strength and zest for life. This isn't a problem in my head, just as I have been left to believe by the numerous doctors' assessment. Below is a list of the symptoms I am suffering:

Shrinkage in genitalia
Lack of sensitivity in genitalia
Low and watery ejaculate
Very low libido
Weak Erection
Memory loss
Difficult to concentrate
Problems with problem solving
Low motivation
Extremely depressed mood at times, nothing feels enjoyable
Zombie like state
Chronic fatigue, can’t leave bed at times
Hair and muscles feels soft
Loss of muscle mass
Dry skin
Can’t sweat as much
chills
Skin feels less plump around the face
Low metabolism
Low thirst
Stool is softer
Low urine
Fat in breast area
slow hair growth

I would appreciate any advice you can offer me and I urge you to warn anyone from contemplating taking this for a second, for the sake of save a few hairs on your head its not worth compromising your manhood and well being.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, I do not understand how this crap is legal. Your story is so common it is crazy.

finvictim

Awards
Yeah, its absolutely ridiculous, it chemically incarcerates a person. What is equally as bad as the terrible side effects are the medical professionals who refuse to acknowledge your problem and always respond with the depression/stress/anxiety card and dismiss you from their office as if there is nothing majorly wrong with you, when did these conditions ever cause shrinkage to the reproductive organs? A study is being done in a couple of American Institutes, according to posts on propeciahelp it may be published by the end of the year, and I am hoping its findings will get the balls rolling to find a cure to this wretched problem and get this poison removed from the market.