Is pregnenalone enough?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Would supplementing with Pregenenalone cream be enough, I mean isn't Pregnenolone converted to DHEA and other hormones? Just trying to keep the meds/supplements as low as possible, and wondering if I really need to take them both or just use Preg.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'm going to try it, I'll stop the DHEA cream and solely use Pregnenolone cream with my test injections. I'll post results in a couple weeks

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Makes sense since the DHEA is something you finally found that is working for you. Once again, constantly chasing things....

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Makes sense since the DHEA is something you finally found that is working for you. Once again, constantly chasing things....
Is does make sense though right? Since preg is the precursor to many different hormones including DHEA? There's some pretty amazing scientific info out there about preg, and it's way more positive than what I read about DHEA alone. Studies that go as far back as the 40's.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The point is that you search and search and search and finally find something that is working for you. Why are you constantly looking for something more? You never give anything time to settle in and do what it is supposed to do. Doctors are prescribing DHEA and Preg but that is when your levels are not in the top range, do you even know where you stand?

Sorry man, your approach to healthy balance is frustrating.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You didn't ask, but ... here is what I would do.

1. Get bloods.
2. Use DHEA in amounts that seem to work for you, and are consistent with studies. Use for 2 or 3 months.
3. Get bloods done again.
4. Compare.
5. Find out how long the wash out period s/b for DHEA.
6. After wash out period, complete steps 2. through 4., substituting Preg for DHEA.

I would allow for something like 2 or 3 months on DHEA, then the wash out, then another 2 or three months on Preg.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
The point is that you search and search and search and finally find something that is working for you. Why are you constantly looking for something more? You never give anything time to settle in and do what it is supposed to do. Doctors are prescribing DHEA and Preg but that is when your levels are not in the top range, do you even know where you stand?

Sorry man, your approach to healthy balance is frustrating.
Yup my DHEA levels are below normal range from my last blood panel. Getting them checked again late March. Have no clue what my preg level is, I'll ask to get it checked.