Bloodwork Resutls

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
The question is should I pursue a TRT prescription.

Here are the details:

Have been monitoring Testosterone levels for the past 3 years, the most recent results from last week are -

Testosterone, serum 424 Ref Range 348-1197 ng/dL
Free Testosterone 15.1 Ref Range 8.7-25.1 pg/mL

Estradiol measurement from last year was 8 with a Ref Range of 3-70 pg/mL
Vitamin D levels are 70 ng/mL

My thyroid levels are kept in range with a synthroid prescription. I lift heavy compound movements coupled with HIIT, eat Paleo with high healthy fats, get 8-9 hours of sleep at night.

I am 36 years of age, 5’10”, 215lbs. I carry A LOT of deep abdominal fat and have my whole life. Erections are very infrequent. Gains in the gym have become difficult. I cannot for the life of me shed the mid section fat.
That testosterone level, 424, is as maxed out as I can get by doing everything I know of naturally. Meaning if I went to a Standard American lifestyle, Im sure I would see it drop significantly.

Any input would be welcomed and thank you in advance.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Check your prolactin levels
Thanks for the reply. Any questions for more information are definitely welcome. The last time I had my Prolactin levels checked were August from 2011 so I'm definitely due for updated readings. I was, though, having similar symptoms then to what I am now. Here are some elves from that bloodworm:

Prolactin - 10.7 Ref Range - 2.0-18.0 ng/mL
Cortisol, A.M. - 13.5 Ref Range - 4.0-22.0 mcg/dL

I hope this info helps. Thank s again.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
A couple more pieces of information:

Ferritin - 217 Ref Range 30-400 ng/mL

Also, never is there morning wood.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
A couple more pieces of information:

Ferritin - 217 Ref Range 30-400 ng/mL

Also, never is there morning wood.
No morning wood sounds like an estradiol issue to me. I experienced that for years, thinking it was a testosterone issue. From your labs, your estradiol looks low. Do you have any joint pain or stiffness? What supplements do you take? Before you go the TRT route, get DHEA checked if you can. Over the counter DHEA cream (15mg) is working well for me.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
No morning wood sounds like an estradiol issue to me. I experienced that for years, thinking it was a testosterone issue. From your labs, your estradiol looks low. Do you have any joint pain or stiffness? What supplements do you take? Before you go the TRT route, get DHEA checked if you can. Over the counter DHEA cream (15mg) is working well for me.
Is there a DHEA bloodwork panel?

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Sounds like I'll put the TRT on pause whilst getting the DHEA test.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Another question. Is my Free Testosterone at a decent level? Room for improvement?
Thank you.

justmechillin

If I was you, I would be asking your Dr if low dose clomid could be taken with your thyroid meds. Your test could easly double... Fyi, I take 5mg DHEA on my ”off days” of clo.... Clomid can get you very strong VERY fast... ;-)

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
If I was you, I would be asking your Dr if low dose clomid could be taken with your thyroid meds. Your test could easly double... Fyi, I take 5mg DHEA on my "off days" of clo.... Clomid can get you very strong VERY fast... ;-)
Yup Clomid has some very positive effects on a lot of guys, but just be warned it can cause some very unpleasant side effects. Depends on the person, some have less sides than others. I'm not one of those people haha Clomid freaked my sh-t out, won't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

Your free testosterone looks ok, could be better, but nothing to worry about. Have you ever had SHBG checked?