Blood Work Done

CZERWIEC

Awards
I'm 54 years old had some blood work done. Now I have not talked to my doctor but his assitant gave me some numbers. My TSH was 5.1 and my test reading was 294 which I thought was low but was told it fell into normal range. Well I want high end of normal range anyway any thoughts on these readings

pacificmd

Awards
Find another doctor. Isn't Dr. Crisler in your neck of the woods?

You might be hypothyroid. Get a complete panel done. Free T3, T4, rT3

294 is near the bottom of reference range.
reference range includes 95% of the population. Out of range low means you fall in the bottom 2.5 percentile. You are somewhere in that neighborhood. Bottom 5-8 percentile? Ask your doctor if he likes being in the bottom 5 percentile.

I hope you're waiting for a whole lot more test results than total T and TSH!

CZERWIEC

Awards
Thanks, and yes I'll know more monday. Will look up Dr crisler

oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
If I accidentally took one shot too many how long would it take for things like my Red blood account lower to where the doctor wouldn't notice?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I accidentally took one shot too many how long would it take for things like my Red blood account lower to where the doctor wouldn't notice?
Start a thead bro. Don't jack someone else's.

CZERWIEC

Awards
Getting my script for test she gives me the choice of either gel or injection, which would be best?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oldschoolbean

oldschoolbean

Awards
Shot! I Did the Gel for 8 month with no luck getting my T up. At best it got me up to 185.

rfarns01

Awards
Getting my script for test she gives me the choice of either gel or injection, which would be best?
Injection is better option for most, I currently use both, small dose of testim in addition to a once a week .50ml injection, keeps my levels between 800 - 1000. The gel can provide more stabil levels along with a libido increase.