why wont proviron lower my shbg?

mrmagoo2010

Awards
I have been taking 50mg of proviron a day for 3 weeks to lower shbg, but it has not effected it at all! It has risen, could this indicate androgen insensitivity? I saw a study where they used winstrol to lower it, and when they it didnt lower it, it indicates androgen insensitivity and proviron and winstrol are both classed as shbg lowerers, any ideas? why has my T decreased so much?

here are latest labs
--------------------------
TESTOSTERONE - 15.8 [ 7.6 - 31.4 ]
SHBG - 60 [ 16 - 55 ]
LH - 3.6 [ 1.7 - 8.6 ]
FSH - 4.1 [ 3.1 - 6.8 ]
Prolactin - 17 [ 86 - 324 ]

Here are labs just before xmas ( before proviron + caber )

TSH - 6.33 [ 0.27 - 4.2 ]
FT4 - 19.5 [ 12 - 22 ]
FT3 - 6.2 [ 3.1 - 6.8 ]
PROGESTERONE - 3.1 [ 0.7 - 4.3 ]

TESTOSTERONE - 22.7 [ 7.6 - 31.4 ]
LH - 5.4 [ 1.7 - 8.6 ]
FSH - 4.7 [ 1.5 - 12.4 ]
SHBG - 55 [ 16 - 55 ]
17-Beta OESTRADIOL - 49 [ 44 - 156 ]
PROLACTIN - 384 [ 86 - 324 ]

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Do you know your current E2?

IMO Proviron does not lower measured SHBG. It binds to the SHBG, freeing up more FT.
SHBG has a 20 day Half-Life, so don't expect SHBG levels to change for months.

You have overdone the Caber.

I do not see how oral Whinny, not affecting SHBG, would indicate MAIS. (can you post a link to that info)

MATRIX has stated many times, that lowering SHBG while not on TRT, will lower your TT. (my labs prove it)

It is my experience that, Oral Winstrol will raise your AST/ALT levels and cause joint pain. (but, it will also lower SHBG)

mrmagoo2010

Awards
Do you know your current E2?

IMO Proviron does not lower measured SHBG. It binds to the SHBG, freeing up more FT.
SHBG has a 20 day Half-Life, so don't expect SHBG levels to change for months.

You have overdone the Caber.

I do not see how oral Whinny, not affecting SHBG, would indicate MAIS. (can you post a link to that info)

MATRIX has stated many times, that lowering SHBG while not on TRT, will lower your TT. (my labs prove it)

It is my experience that, Oral Winstrol will raise your AST/ALT levels and cause joint pain. (but, it will also lower SHBG)
My current e2 is in range, im in uk so sensitive test is not an option

17-Beta OESTRADIOL - 49 [ 44 - 156 ]

I cant post links, however if you google " stanazol androgen insensitivity " it is the first link

My liver values are fine, but my digestion is poor. I'm suspecting low cortisol, so maybe this has raised shbg, but I would of thought it would of decreased a small part, rather than increase

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
17-Beta OESTRADIOL - 49 [ 44 - 156 ]...... is the E2 test before you took Proviron.

If the Proviron worked, it
then it caused more FT(a lab number you have not posted),
more FT may have caused more E2(a lab number you have not posted)
then more FT and E2 would cause lower LH(a lab you have posted)
Lower LH would show up as lower TT(as your labs show)

I found and read the abstract,for the study,showing that AIS(not clear MAIS) had LESS lowering if there SHBG by WINSTROL than normal test subjects. I had never seen this before, thanks for the info. Of the 16 people with AIS they tested 14 did not even have male genitals, so I'm not sure how much I can learn from this study.

mrmagoo2010

Awards
I'm gonna drop the proviron now so the TT/e2 can rebalance itself

I will attack the high SHBG by testing 4/saliva cortisol, pregnelone, RT3 and DHEA. I hope one of them is the cause of the high SHBG

I have all the symptoms of low cortisol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Proviron also has slightly anti estrogen propriorties.
It could also be fake since it is prescribed out side of the states so quality control is much poorer.
Even using Danazol can cause issues with lower total Testosterone unless on TRT

i am finding SHBG is a possible high incident of Non alcoholic liver.

People who are trying to raise testosterone on TRT can be causing more issues to the stress being place on the liver itself. I have seen many guys with candida and other pathogens in the gut whose SHBG are elevated then start to come down as the liver and gut imbalances are addressed.

mrmagoo2010

Awards
Is it possible to have low cortisol but normal levels of prog and preg?

Just got my preg result in

Pregnenolone 181 [ 30 - 350 ]

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes because it may not be going down the proper pathway..