Cortizone ointment 1%

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I ran out of hydrocortisone which I typically get from overseas, and have been using this 1% ointment which I've been rubbing on my forearms until I receive more HC again.

Anyone see any issues with this beyond not knowing how much I am getting? I just rub a dab on both forearms and sometimes on the tops of my feet for max absorption. This is just to tide me over until I get more HC again. I've heard it can thin the skin - anything to worry about if I'm doing this 2-3x per day?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PS: normally I use Isocort when this happens as I can usually pick some up quickly.... but for some stupid reason it's been discontinued.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup man. May I ask why you are using these items to begin with? Adrenal fatigue?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah. I normally take ~20-30mg of hydrocortisone daily, for years now.

I've been feeling ok with the HC 1% ointment, but no idea how much I'm really getting and I know it's not great for the skin over time. It's really too bad Isocort has been discontinued. The main problem with the ointment is that I can't stress dose. If something very stressful happens, I get very shaky now due to low cortisol (causes excess adrenaline release)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are talking about the same active ingredient that is in products like Cortaid and such? I had no idea about any use for adrenal fatigue. I started using it years ago for rosecea instead of desonide because it is less harsh. Strange that this would have so many uses.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the info and good luck with your ordeal bro

Yeah. I normally take ~20-30mg of hydrocortisone daily, for years now. I've been feeling ok with the HC 1% ointment, but no idea how much I'm really getting and I know it's not great for the skin over time. It's really too bad Isocort has been discontinued. The main problem with the ointment is that I can't stress dose. If something very stressful happens, I get very shaky now due to low cortisol (causes excess adrenaline release)