Questions about SUB-Q Injections for TRT

gr26

Awards
Hi all,
I just moved from androgel to 2 SC shots per week of 62.5mg T each (yielding 125MG per week) - for TRT.
I also introduced HCG as recommended - 2 SC shots of 250 IU per week (same day as T shot, each of them in a different place in the abdomen).

a few questions came up:

1. I read you can inject the T SC into the glute fat and it sounded like a nice idea -
where exactly is the recommended injection site in the glutes for sub-q?
is there a difference in the effect comparing to the abdomen?

2. I'm currently injecting with an BD Insulin Syringe 30G 8mm (5/16)-
is the needle long enough for SC in the abdomen & glutes?
and what length of syringe should I use (injecting no more the 0.25ML of T/0.1ML of HCG) - 1 ML or 0.5 ML?

3. as for the HCG -I can choose to use ovidrel or pregnyl (and using bacteriostatic water to keep them good for long of course)-
is the a difference between them? which is more recommended?
does either of them last only one month in the fridge after reconstitute with BW?

thank you for your help.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can inject subQ virtually anywhere so yes, ur glute idea is fine. However - subQ in stomach or love handles is so much easier to do !

;)

Hi all, I just moved from androgel to 2 SC shots per week of 62.5mg T each (yielding 125MG per week) - for TRT. I also introduced HCG as recommended - 2 SC shots of 250 IU per week (same day as T shot, each of them in a different place in the abdomen). a few questions came up: 1. I read you can inject the T SC into the glute fat and it sounded like a nice idea - where exactly is the recommended injection site in the glutes for sub-q? is there a difference in the effect comparing to the abdomen? 2. I'm currently injecting with an BD Insulin Syringe 30G 8mm (5/16)- is the needle long enough for SC in the abdomen & glutes? and what length of syringe should I use (injecting no more the 0.25ML of T/0.1ML of HCG) - 1 ML or 0.5 ML? 3. as for the HCG -I can choose to use ovidrel or pregnyl (and using bacteriostatic water to keep them good for long of course)- is the a difference between them? which is more recommended? does either of them last only one month in the fridge after reconstitute with BW? thank you for your help.

abs322

abs322

Banned
Awards
i do subq in abs.. subq is sub q- all subq is the same... i like pregynl but i would say either is fine.. i try and use my recon hcg within 30 days, i use BW water. insulin needles are long enough for subq, thats what they are designed for.

for hcg/hmg & peptides, depending on amount i use either

Terumo 29 G X 1/2", 1/2 CC Insulin Syringe with Needle, (100 U) Latex free or Terumo 29 G X 1/2", 1 CC Insulin Syringe with Needle, (100 U). Latex free.

for testosterone i use

1cc BD™ U-100 insulin syringe with slip tip; 26 G x 1/2 in. BD PrecisionGlide™ detachable needle. (Orange/Tan)