HCG mono therapy help

soopd

Awards
I have been reading a lot of information about HCG mono therapy and now I am confused.

My friend who is very knowledgable in TRT told me that I needed to do some more research before I did what the doctor told me.

I am 34 years old who has been suffering from symptoms of low T and ED for over a year now. Had my hormone levels checked:

Total Testosterone 388.7 (348-1197)
Estradiol 36.3 (25-75)
Vitamin d 37.5 (40-100)

Doctor wants me to start HCG with no testosterone. He thinks I am too young. Also wants to see if I will respond to HCG.

He prescribed me 10,000 iu. He wants me to take 8cc of the water to mix with the 10,000 ius. He wants me to take 2cc twice a week for 6 weeks and see how My levels are. He have me 5 refills.

By doing a lot of reading that seems like a lot. Please help. Confused

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
What is your LH and FT level????
What lab did your tests (I am unfamiliar with those E2 ranges). If that is LABCORP's ultrasensitive E2 test, your actual E2 is super high.
You need D3 supplements.
That is way TOO MUCH HcG!

soopd

Awards
He did not check my Lh or my FT levels. He only checked CBC, Estradiol, and vitamin d.

I am pretty sure he used Labcorp because I had to send them a check for my lab work.

In my CBC results the RDW is showing abnormal.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Seems odd to start someone on HCG without checking the basic HPTA related levels like LH, FSH, total test, estradiol, etc... A basic hormone panel gives you all this for $50 no insurance. I know he did some of these, but it sounds like it wasn't a complete panel...

... But then again I'm no doctor so maybe he knows something else

soopd

Awards
This is a HRT doctor as well. He did check my total testosterone it was 388. He said my free was 13 ( I think) however it is not listed on my blood work print out I got.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
If your state permits you to order up your own blood lab tests, I would go to www. Privatemdlabs .com and order one of the following tests…..

Hormone Panel for Females $59.99 (minus 15% discount) = $51.00
Hormone Panel with F&T Testosterone & SHBG $149.99 (minus 15% discount) = $127.50

I suspect that you have high E2, and that is easy to fix.
Please hold off on injecting HcG until you have complete baseline blood hormone levels.

pacificmd

Awards
Agree.
Way too much HCG.
Also, as already stated, your doc needs to determine if you're secondary before blasting you with HCG.
Bare bones minimum
Total T
SHBG
Estradiol
CBC
CMP
LH
Prolactin

soopd

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I am going to get a new doctor and start over with blood tests.