Tongkat Ali - how long for test to return to normal?

RobW52

Awards
How long after stopping Tongkat Ali regimen for testosterone to return to pre-regimen levels?
61 yr old male as of yesterday. Got a PA to prescribe Andro-gel last year and took for 2 months....felt great but when I went for my annual physical my test and estradiol were exorbitant so my family doctor told me to stop. Started taking tongkat ali and have been for around 3 months, 10 on 5 off. Now my doctor is becoming receptive to my trying Andro-gel again after quizzing me on how I felt after stopping compared to on. He wants to do a baseline testosterone test so I'm wondering how long should I wait after ceasing the tongkat for my levels to normalize. Any ideas? Txs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What did Tongkat do to your test numbers? Can you post up before and after? I am on TRT and take Tongkat for libido with fantastic results. 4 on, 3 off.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What did Tongkat do to your test numbers? Can you post up before and after? I am on TRT and take Tongkat for libido with fantastic results. 4 on, 3 off.
How does Tongkat work with trt?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, Tongkat in general is reported to work by:
Stimulating the secretion of Luteinzing Hormones (LH) which in turn stimulates the Leydig cells of your testicles to produce testosterone.
Reducing the conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen (aromatization),
Decrease in sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)

For me, it just gives me an edge that I like. It is kind of energetic, but mainly, it makes me really want to have sex. I have never had any ed issues on TRT, but even with e2 dialed in, my mind isn't always ramped up to crave sex. Tongkat does that very well.

RobW52

Awards

I never tested under the Tongkat regimen. It was definitely working for libido and definitely increased blood flow to the genital area so I was just happy with that. But it didn't make me feel as good as I did on Androgel.
As for Tongkat Ali combined with Androgel? Maybe I don't understand exactly how this works but since Androgel is a total replacement and stuff like Tongkat stimulates your own natural production (which shuts down under TRT), I don't understand the concept of trying to stimulate or increase a natural production which is no longer there. Am I missing something?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, you aren't missing anything, but it works. I actually learned about it from some other guys I know on TRT when the discussion came up and they swore by it. My thinking was the same as yours, but decided to give it a go without really expecting much and I was impressed after about the 3rd day. Wood all night long and even woke up multiple times because it was annoying me. To this day, the same results happen every single time.

RobW52

Awards
Cool.....must be other things going on there that add a positive effect. That's good to know because I have an unopened 100g bag of Tongkat that I would hate to waste :^ )

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If this were happening shortly after talking it when I am knowingly taking it and expecting to see a certain result, I'd say it was placebo and that it worked well for that. That happens, but the fact that I wake up from it in the middle of dead sleep is an indication that it really is doing something- other than annoying my wife. haha

Thunder13

Awards
If this were happening shortly after talking it when I am knowingly taking it and expecting to see a certain result, I'd say it was placebo and that it worked well for that. That happens, but the fact that I wake up from it in the middle of dead sleep is an indication that it really is doing something- other than annoying my wife. haha
Kisaj can you tell me which brand/kind of Tongkat Ali did you take and can I get it at Vitamin shoppe or need to order the real stuff online ?

Thanks!