New Guy needs advice

TheKid44

Awards
I am here looking for advice and direction on what to do.
I am 5'10 200lb 27 year old I lift 4 days a week along with with a couple sprint sessions a week.
My diet is clean during the week with mostly meats, veggies, starchy carbs only post workout. On the weekend a have a few drinks but never anything out of control.
This past September I got my testosterone levels check and here are the results:
TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 488 ng/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 33 nmol/L
TESTOSTERONE, BIOAVAILABLE 268 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, FREE CALC 87 pg/mL 87
TESTOSTERONE, % FREE 1.8%

These numbers were concerning to me but my doctor did not seem to care at all.
So I contacted a clinic and they prescribed me 100mg of Testosterone Cyp along with 1mg anastrozol.

I received all of my supplies but I was hesitant to start for some reason. So I decided to see if I could get it up naturally.
These are my results that I received at the end of November:

TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 630 ng/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 38 nmol/L
TESTOSTERONE, BIOAVAILABLE 324 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, FREE CALC 112 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE, % FREE 1.8 %

Things got better but I still feel lethargic during the day, libido is way down and I can't remember the last time I had morning wood.
I am not sure if I should start talking my 100 mg Testosterone Cyp or go down a different path.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This right here is exactly why clinics are so evil and money hungry. They really don't care about you or what is wrong, they just want your money. /rant. Good for you wanting to do what is right before jumping into anything.

Go see your doc and get a referral to an endo. You can't tell anything with only those numbers regarding why you feel the way you do. As Matrix has pointed out many times, adrenals could be in play. You really need a full lab to test your CBC, TSH, T3, Free T4, e2, etc.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Always provide lab ranges.
In my personal experience, Calculated FREE TESTOSTERONE is inaccurate.
Heavy exercise will lower your TT and FT.
To start with LH, E2, and FT lab numbers would be helpful. Then, TSH, FT3, FT4, D3, 4xCortisol, etc.
Are you on any Meds? Proton Pump Inhibitors?, Antihistamines? Opiates?
"So I decided to see if I could get it up naturally" OK, what did you do?

TheKid44

Awards
Here are the lab ranges:

TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE 300 - 1080 ng/dL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 11 - 80 nmol/L
TESTOSTERONE, BIOAVAILABLE 131 - 682 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, FREE CALC 47 - 244 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE, % FREE 1.6 - 2.9 %

I am on no meds at all. I added more saturated fat to my diet in form eggs, grass fed beef, and butter. I also supplemented with Vit-D not sure if this helped or not.

Sketch2000

Awards
This right here is exactly why clinics are so evil and money hungry. They really don't care about you or what is wrong, they just want your money. /rant. Good for you wanting to do what is right before jumping into anything.

Go see your doc and get a referral to an endo. You can't tell anything with only those numbers regarding why you feel the way you do. As Matrix has pointed out many times, adrenals could be in play. You really need a full lab to test your CBC, TSH, T3, Free T4, e2, etc.
Agreed. Clinics will give you anything you want. Next thing you know you'll need the test for life because they won't advise of the Clomid Restart and you risk having pituitary shutdown. I've suffered from long standing ED and fluctuations in my Free Testosterone for years now. Its not nice...sh-- I'd jump right on the juice if i wasn't smart. But I found a good doctor (get a good endocrinologist) that monitors that and my thyroid. I've been using Clomid for 8 + months now. Its raised my Test levels significantly, and its not synthetic - my bodies producing it. Kudos bra.

TheKid44

Awards
Thank you for all replies and advice! I am going to get more tests done and seek out an endo.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I will add this, at 27 - I would not want to negatively impact HPTA on an ongoing basis. That will eventually make you virtually dependent on TRT. Save that for 25+ years from now, unless you really have to.

Good advice here so far.