DHT

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Asked my endo to check my DHT level today during a blood test. He said "why would you want DHT checked? That only needs to be checked if you're concerned about hairloss."

W T F how do these people become doctors? Seriously.

He agreed to check it though just to make me happy. It's like I'm treating myself, and he's just there for legal purposes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
what do you call the guy who finished last in medical school?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do agree with you guys. My doctor is nice and very open to discussion and admits that he doesn't know everything surrounding hormones. That being said, I went back to him after dealing with 3 endos that knew absolutely nothing and would make me wait over a month to try to make an appointment. At least I can talk to him about what I want tested and why.

To say that we know more sounds ridiculous, but it is true.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya man. I'm on TRT and the first time I asked my doc lets also checking my e2 levels and she is like why you don't have boobs? Lmao, I had to explain to her that test can aromatise/convert to estrogen and we should be monitoring for that.

Also, she had know idea what I was talking about when I wanted my LH and FSH checked. Lmao

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But, at the end of the day my doc prescribes and monitors/checks pretty much whatever I request. So, I'm not complaining.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But, at the end of the day my doc prescribes and monitors/checks pretty much whatever I request. So, I'm not complaining.
pretty much the same as my doc!!! at least he listens and is willing to learn from info i give him. he has actually educated himself pretty well, i guess he wants to at least keep up, lol.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
pretty much the same as my doc!!! at least he listens and is willing to learn from info i give him. he has actually educated himself pretty well, i guess he wants to at least keep up, lol.
My doc just looks at me like I'm crazy, and agrees to the tests. He doesn't give a flying f--- about educating himself on new techniques/practices. I prefer to work with his assistant, who is very interested and is constantly reading up on new info and news concerning TRT.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My doc just looks at me like I'm crazy, and agrees to the tests. He doesn't give a flying f--- about educating himself on new techniques/practices. I prefer to work with his assistant, who is very interested and is constantly reading up on new info and news concerning TRT.
as long as you get what you need...life is full of compromise, lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Recipes 9
Anabolics 18
Anabolics 47
Dominus Anabolics 30