reverse gray hair?

vkg1

Awards
After about 8 years of very slowly getting funny gray hairs that girlfriends would notice and would think were cute or something, now in the last few months I seem to suddenly be turning very gray on the sides of my head. I'm sorta caught off guard by this. It really does make you look way older over night...

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here had opinions on whether or any of this things like taking copper, B12, and catalase actually work. Anyone had experience with reversing, or at least stopping, hair from turning gray.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, nothing is going to work to stop it. Your two choices are to embrace it, or color it.

vkg1

Awards
Do you have experience or have read a lot, or what? Just curious what makes you so confident of this.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because I am going gray a bit and have read up on it, plus my wife owns a hair salon and keeps up on this crap since she is asked about it all the time.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is that option too. That is a minor reason why I keep my hair real short, but in honesty, gray hair isn't bad- unless you are in your 20s.

vkg1

Awards
Because I am going gray a bit and have read up on it, plus my wife owns a hair salon and keeps up on this crap since she is asked about it all the time.
But if you look around the web you can find a very large number of stories of people reversing their gray with things like copper and B vitamins. This hasn't been your experience? Maybe they are all from people who had abnormal deficiencies and shouldn't have been gray in the first place. But they are widespread. Likewise, if you read reviews of the products with catalase, I think you find a lot of people saying that it didn't restore their original hair like new, but that at least it flattened out the trend...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, then give it a shot. I am not trying to stop you, simply providing an answer based on what I have found, researched, and discussed with my wife who tries to stay in touch with advances in this area.

If gray hair really bothered me that much and it wasn't so easy to deal with, then I may try all avenues to try to reverse it. Keep in mind that if this really worked and men could reverse gray hair that simply, it would be all over the place and very big deal considering how important it is for some men.

Now, if you are deficient in areas, then of course that can speed up or add to the problem, just like anything else. But, that is a different issue.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
One of my roommates in college went gray before his 21st birthday. A lot of it has to do with genetics I think. If you have a nicely shaped skull, shave it. If not, color it.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here had opinions on whether or any of this things like taking copper, B12, and catalase actually work. Anyone had experience with reversing, or at least stopping, hair from turning gray.
Well, I agree with the others, since if these supplements worked or reversed it, other mechanisms might be at work and it would most likely have a huge following and be in the hair and shampoo sections in the drug stores.
I think greying is pretty much genetic like a lot of other things. Maybe stress can bring it on, but I am not sure if that is truly proven or not.
I have a buddy who went salt and pepper at 30 y.o. and an uncle who still had brown hair in his late 70's when he passed.

Is there something to people having a very scary life moment and then showing a streak of grey in a few weeks or months? Who knows!?
If it is a marker of "bad" stress, I might be more concerned with trying to curb that, more than anything. Just sayin'

It is all part of life's sweet pageant. ;-)

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I've gotten quite gray on the sides and now they're starting to show up on top. I keep my hair cut "high & tight" so it's not super noticable, but my wife loves it. She said women love that salt and pepper look. Now if you're 21 that may not be desirable but when you get in your 30's, who gives a crap.

Shaver

Shaver

Awards
This may put me in a spot to catch hell. After I was on growth for about 2 months...I noticed my grey hairs were not coming back. I always had 5-6 in random spots. The wife pulled them out. Before gh, they'd come back. Today- not a single grey hair in my system.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
This may put me in a spot to catch hell. After I was on growth for about 2 months...I noticed my grey hairs were not coming back. I always had 5-6 in random spots. The wife pulled them out. Before gh, they'd come back. Today- not a single grey hair in my system.
Does GH really slow the aging process? I've thought about trying it, or possibly trying to get a script for it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, this I would believe.

Shaver

Shaver

Awards
Well- I won't answer "yes" to that question. But I will say that my skin, hair, nails, and body are all healthier. I went to the doc and was scripted serostim. I've used other black market hgh before. This takes the cake. Look at the guys using it in Hollywood and for your own opinion. Have you seen Tim McGraw lately? Lol...results speak for themselves. My life was changed since being on.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
How easy is it to get a script for HGH from a doctor? Do they just give you a blood test and determine if your natural levels would benefit from replacement?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My doc will prescribe it, but United Health Care would not cover it. The cost would be unreal.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only thing I have heard claimed would reverse gray hair is an herb called Fo-Ti.

But I cannot attest to it.

abs322

abs322

Banned
Awards
How easy is it to get a script for HGH from a doctor? Do they just give you a blood test and determine if your natural levels would benefit from replacement?
just use ghrh (mod grf 1-29 no dac) & ghrp (ghrp-2 or 6).. they do the same thing as GH without the script..

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
just use ghrh (mod grf 1-29 no dac) & ghrp (ghrp-2 or 6).. they do the same thing as GH without the script..
Exactly....i do this and second it. Seems to lessen the grays a LOT for me recently too as well. I was wondering where the F they went :D

Shaver

Shaver

Awards

Easier than you think. Mine specializes as an endocrinologist (disease doc: aids, infectious disease etc) and does hormones as well. He says "you're 30...you need hgh. It's low, but we'll run labs to be sure." And that day I was shooting hgh. There is not an insurance agency in the world (to my knowledge) that will cover it.

He scripted serostim. 2 units at bedtime, mon, wed, fri. $75 per vial. High dollar. But at a dose like that...not bad really.

Now- that brings me to my next point. I see *******s all the time say "if you don't do 5 units every day or more, you won't see results". My response---BULL****! Guys that say that have never used anything but fake Chinese junk. I had a complete body comp change in months. There are 3 of my buddies all on the same protocol. I was a former fat kid. I gain fat easily when I eat like ****. When I used other black market hgh kits- I gained weight while on it. Bad weight. This ****? Ha! I eat ice cream before bed nightly. 4 times a week I eat a large pizza to myself. Cheeseburgers and fries for lunch--all the time. I clean up my food here and there. But mostly I do what I want. I stay lean. Everyone is mad at me for being able to eat dirty and stay looking how I do.

My point is...pharma grade is worth the money. You'll blow money on these Chinese kits...I'd wanna see someone on it for at least a month before I bought anything else.

Go see a doc. Get your script. Pay to play!