How to judge a Free T value

vkg1

Awards
I've got a Free T level of 14.1 Ng/dL. Labcorp lists the normal reference range as 5.0-21.0, which implies that my Free T is great. But others have talked about numbers like that as if they are low.

Can anyone tell me how to judge a Free T value? Is mine good or not? I was pleased to see it sit well in the range. Yet I have tremendously low sex drive, energy, assertiveness, etc and these things seem like they have been steadily getting worse. My T is in the low 500s, in case that's important too.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
Have you checked your Estradiol levels? If its either too low or too high it can cause some of the symptoms you are having. Test looks great otherwise.

sysadmn

Awards
Without knowing your age, we can't help as much...

The Art of Manliness www . artofmanliness . com/2013/01/16/normal-testosterone-levels/ suggests that for men 25 - 34 the average free t level was 12.3 plus or minus 2.8. That was a small sample size (45 men).

vkg1

Awards
Have you checked your Estradiol levels? If its either too low or too high it can cause some of the symptoms you are having. Test looks great otherwise.
My estradiol was 9 on the test Labcorp lists the normal range as 3-70. So I don't think it's high, but is there any possibility that would actually be low enough to possibly explain things? The range they list, though, makes me wonder what would be too low if normal starts at only 3??

vkg1

Awards
Without knowing your age, we can't help as much...

The Art of Manliness www . artofmanliness . com/2013/01/16/normal-testosterone-levels/ suggests that for men 25 - 34 the average free t level was 12.3 plus or minus 2.8. That was a small sample size (45 men).
Thanks for the reference. Yeah I'm beginning to think my levels just can't be the explanation. Maybe it is was triggered by medication I took once in the past (taking nothing now). My age is 36 and I have no sex drive and, in fact, very low sensation recently too. I'd attribute it to mood and depression, but this problem has now lasted throughout a large number of different phases in those departments. Sometimes I've been depressed, sometimes not, but for years now my once fantastic drive has been nearly non-existant.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is really low estrogen. When it gets low, it can definitely affect your mood, energy levels, libido, etc. My doc ordered a bone density test when I initially started TRT to see that verify that the low test and e2 didn't cause any problems in that area.

On that similar scale, I feel best in my high 20's.