options that preserve having children

vkg1

Awards
Can someone tell me whether or not I have it correct that pretty much the only option for fixing low T (for example, T=300 at age 35) if you want to have a child or two in the future is Clomid? I am leaving out T with HCG due to an impression that it probably isn't a good idea to take HCG indefinitely (but please correct me if this assumption is wrong).

Rodax

Awards
I'm on 50mg of clomid every day bc my values were in the high 100's/ low 200's. I got my numbers up to roughly 600 after 3 months on it at 25mg a day. but I told my Endo I wanted to hit as near to the top of the range as I could. So he was ok with doubling it and that's where I'm at. And yeah I'm doing that so that if I want kids one day I can have them. You eventually get over the initial moodiness and then you'll be amped up and ready to go. I wouldn't go back now. If anything I almost want to look into HCG to top off if there's still room after I go back in for blood work next month. The only other thing I might look into is enclomiphene or something like that which works just like clomid but it's more targeted for T production. I don't know when that will come out though either and my ins. isn't covering clomid ($50/month) for me so I imagine they may not cover that for hrt either. Maybe for fertility purposes, but I'm single and unmarried. Hope that helps!

vkg1

Awards
Yes, that helps a lot. I didn't know Clomid could increase T that much on its own without unacceptably high side effects. Very encouraging. HCG scares me because of the desensitizing Leydig cells stuff. But my biggest aspiration in life is to be a good parent. Yet I don't see myself meeting the right woman and seeing that through until after I have done something about my low T.

Very interesting about the enclomiphene. I had never heard of it before. Do you have any issues at all with feeling different emotions or anything on Clomid, by the way? Have you had no sides even at the higher dosage?

sysadmn

Awards
Sorry to state the obvious, but this is a conversation you should be having with your doctor. If your primary care doctor isn't up to speed on this, an endocrinologist or urologist is a good choice. We can tell you what we went through, but we're not your doctor.

PS - My understanding is that both HCG and clomid are short-term fixes. They're intended to restart / recalibrate your body's T production. If the problem is elsewhere & you're not capable of producing T, they will not help.