25 year old Labs advice?

T

toddakalips

Awards
Hey guys,

My story is rather long and complex but i'll give you the short version. I'm 6'3 and 200 pounds from Australia.

Since I can remember I've had symptoms of depression, low libido, low muscle growth amongst other things. I went through puberty later than most of my friends and never had the raging libidos that everyone else had. My testicles have always been on the small side and i've only ever had one girlfriend in high school and it lasted about 3 months. Just don't have the sex drive or interest regularly enough. I have always had less energy/motivation and drive than others, I also get sore feet on standing for even short periods of time.

Existing medical conditions:
Adrenal dysfunction, mild hypothyroidism

I am treating these two issues with only small positive results but none have assisted with libido, depression, low muscle growth and fatigue.

Where I carry fat:
My body shape has always been skinny however i accumulate fat in my stomach and this past year i have developed a pot gut and put on about 10 kgs. I guess you could say im classic 'Skinny fat' regardless of my weight training and protein shakes. Also my shoulders have never been broad. Feel like I never went properly through puberty.. never had acne.

Morning wood:
Can't remember ever having it.

My last testosterone labs were as follows: (remember these are Australian labs so they're different)

These were taken about 6 months ago

Total Testosterone - 20.7 (8.3-30.2)
Free Testosterone - 421 (225-750)
SHBG - 32 (13-71)

Some more labs of interest include:

Prolactin: 380 (50-370)
Estradiol: 102 (50-150)
LH: 9 (1-10)
FSH 9 (1-10)

TSH: 5 (.5-5) *Was coming off SSRI - normally TSH is around 2-4
FT3: 5.8 (3.5-6.5)
FT4: 15.5 (10-20)

Medications:
I'm currently on hydrocortisone 30mg.

I feel like my voice should be a lot deeper and that my beard should be way thicker. Sometimes the next day after a gym session my voice is temporarily deeper, but it goes away.

I won't be able to get T replacement from any docs in Aus with these labs but I feel I really need to boost my levels as they are sub optimal for a 25 year old. And nothing else has helped with my low energy, depression etc.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should treat my T, either with shots/cream and/or with HCG injections as well? How can i get my prolactin down ? Also, is it worth just trying an AI?

Final questions, If i have had depression and inability to feel motivation and passion since I was a kid (along with low energy) do you think I might have some neural dopamine deficiency? SSRI's did nothing for my depression.

* And despite me being chronically fatigued since I can remember, I never had a virus or anything that caused this.

Any advice would be great. Remember i'm from Australia.

Cheers,
Todd

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Before going to TRT get your damn thyroid and adrenals straight because TSH is 5 is clinically hypothyroid. I have a severe people from land of Oz I work with. There health care system sucks and it makes it difficult getting the proper labs from the Doctors to get the necessary information.

T

toddakalips

Awards
Cheers bro,

Yeah im working on that stuff..

I'm considering trying some aromasin to try and lower my estrogen down towards bottom of range and potentially boost my testosterone.

Thoughts?

M

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
The HC could be lowering your DHEAs levels.
Cabergoline or Pramipexole (REAL LOW DOSE) could lower Prolactin.
Pushing your E2 lower with an AI does not seem useful because your LH is already at top of range.
Have you considered a DX of MAIS (Mild Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome)?

T

Thunder13

Awards
Mr TT I havent seen this "MAIS" DX ... It seems self-explanatory but can you elaborate on it or is there a link/site youcould direct me to?

I have a totall T of 818 on lab from 2 weeks ago (Quest) {range 250-1100 ng/dl}. Free T was 65 {range 46-224} an Bio T was 139 {range110-575} Also E2 was 28, FSH was 7.0 . LH was 3.6. Also SHBG was high at 64. Dr did RX me Arimadex, but should I take it all or consider fixing gut issues/sleep apnea etc? Appreciate any ideas..

M

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Mr TT I havent seen this "MAIS" DX ... It seems self-explanatory but can you elaborate on it or is there a link/site youcould direct me to?

Also SHBG was high at 64. Dr did RX me Arimadex, but should I take it all or consider fixing gut issues/sleep apnea etc? Appreciate any ideas..
toddakalips sorry for the thread hijack.....
WIKI Mild Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. Males inherit all their Androgen Receptor DNA from their mothers, it is coded on the X chromosome.
Ever wonder why some guys are naturally heavily muscled? It is NOT because they have more Testosterone, but because their ARs are more sensitive
to the same level of Test. They will also, more than likely end up with prostate problems, when older.
I think I am MAIS, I have great TT, BUT I do not build muscle mass, have high pitch voice, little face or body hair, not as well hung as I wish.
As for SHBG.. Check my previous SHBG thread... Every time I force my SHBG lower with(ANAVAR, WINNY, or Danazol) my TT and inexplicably my FT
drop, although my LH, E2, and FSH do not change. There is something else other than HPTA and testicles involved here, but it is not explained in medical texts.
If you want to try it though... 1.25mg of ANAVAR every day, will drop your SHBG in half. Maybe your TT and FT will react better than mine.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LH and FSH from that first post both look fantastic. Test and free test didn't look that odd there, either.

I've battled with both thyroid and prolactin issues, so you very likely have some problems going on at the pituitary level.

I took cabergoline at a low dose and it cleared up the prolactin issues quickly. I'd advise figuring out the problem before trying this; however, if they can't/won't help you, it's your life to live and you deserve to enjoy it. My test levels weren't great, but definitely not bad. Prolactin alone killed my sex drive and also brought on premature ejaculation issues. As soon as I got PRL down, everything went back to normal for me.

That / pituitary research is a good place to start.

And hydrocortisone likely isn't helping matters for you.

T

Thunder13

Awards
THank you Mr TT and Midwest Beast Both ! I realize I didnt include ALL of the vital info necessary, so a lil more 411 is I am 51 almost 52, only about 5'8 and weigh 165. Im not a complete moron on all this.. haha but I have been "foolish" I believe. I went to a GP/Anti-aging Dr as he accepted insurance and i reluctantly agreed to start TRT. My first labs in Jan of this year at my TT at 599 and free and bio below the normal ranges. So i did do shot of Test cyp at 100 mg weekly for approx 6 weeks and then I stopped. But apparently it didnt shut down my own production of T, as my my last lab was the 818, that i mentioned previously. Also My prolactin level was 6.0 from my June labs. My symptoms are low libido, low energy, and ED and shrinkage of my testicles and penis. ! Sooo Im not loving life right now... I am tryint to DIY it..but obv i need some direction/advice and have gotten here, no less. Thank you gentlemen i appreciate it and wish you better health, than you even may have!