Clomid HRT automatically increase E?

V

vkg1

Awards
Can anyone tell me how taking Clomid instead of T for HRT compares wrt to Estrogen? In other words, which one causes E to go up more? For example, if you have T of 500 and start taking either Clomid or T in order to get something more like 800, would your E levels increase more by taking Clomid, or would they increase more by taking Testosterone?

D

dhickey

Awards
I would guess Clomid because of possible IT aromatization, but you'de probably just need to try it and see. Going to be s little different for everybody and deoend on your hrt program.

V

vkg1

Awards
Do I understand correctly that you are saying Clomid induces higher E in itself and then you get a doubled whammy when part of the simultaneously increased T also converts to E?

So is it common for people who use Clomid instead of TRT to also need AI then?

D

dhickey

Awards
No double whammy, other than more places to aromatize to E. No intertesticular aromatization with injections. Really hard to generalize expected results. I think most here would suggest Clomid if it works for you.

You may need an AI for both or neither. Ton if variables.

S

sysadmn

Awards
My understanding (I am not a medical professional):

The pituitary gland produces LH, which causes the testes to produce T. Some of that T is converted to estrogen. When the pituitary gland sees a certain level of estrogen, it stops producing LH. Clomid tells the pituitary gland to ignore the estrogen it sees, resulting in higher T levels.

Other drugs either block the estrogen from affecting the breast and liver (Nolva) or prevent T from being converted to estrogen (arimidex, other ai's).